Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take WoW, Lineage2 and a bit of FFXI and you get Perfect World :)

Comments

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794
    Meh! I'd play the Japanese version if it utilized romanji instead of Kanji and Katakana. (Hirogana is actually easier for me though I haven't looked at it in a long time.)

I'll probably move from the Philippines to American if I like it though. I just noticed on their website. They have someones picture and its almost an exact representation in game. which is a level of character customization I've yet to see in a game like this.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

i would have to agree, but leave the casual, easy lvl crap out. You can put in all the good those games have into one and you wold have a good game

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Its pretty pointless to put chinese mmo's in the same box as korean MMO's. the chinese mmorpg market is a brand new market. give it a chance.
  • LordDevilLordDevil Member UncommonPosts: 253

Indeed, this is the first big MMORPG from chinese which got very successful! My chinese friend told me that in china most just played the other eastern and western MMORPGs like WoW, DDO, Cabal, Lineage 2 etc. before, because chinese did not have any great MMORPGs themselves. But PW changed that and so got very successful in china. And due to the success they also began to localise it and make it available international.

Also he explained me that this game stays totally true to this traditional chinese Myth "Pangu" and everything seems to be involved deeply into that. Thats why he told me that I won't see much of this game right now, especially if I dont understand the quests and lore...

Kind regards,

LD

Currently playing: Archeage
    Waiting for: Black Desert

Just for your info, I am launching a wiki like website soon regarding Perfect World! At the moment we are collecting all the infos we can get about this game (we also try to work closely with some chinese people together so we can get even more informations). In the end me and my wife want to build up the first english community regarding this game. As soon as its done I will post you the link here.

Kind regards,

LD

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860
    yeah I'm really looking forward to this one looks like it has player run content
  • vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860
    Originally posted by LordDevil

Originally posted by Wizardry

Be honest to the readers?its the same ol same ol asian type game right?swinging weapons at unrealistic speeds?killing is unrealistic in that its non stop never needing a rest?Does it use heal pots?
    I know asian games like to use bright colours,wich i agree give a game a nice look feel,however this game is playable on a 32mb video card,wow that is old school graphics.The polycount must be super low for a 32mb vieo card to play this game.I am sure its the usual a couple trees spotted around the extremly plain terrain with mainly just mobs?H ave you played ILKROAD? its along the same lines as all the asian free to play games,looks decent for cheap graphics and is fun to play for a couple months but then it gets boring real fast.
    Weapons upgraded glowing thats nothing new to asian games they ALL follow the same idea.Most i should say no doubt ALL these free to play games are infested with mega bot farmers that sell in game currency and items,because all the players want those fancy dancy glowing weapons lmao.
    I tried to find a video of the gameplay  but i couldn't.I really wanted to see if they have broken out of the very linear gameplay,that so many asians seem to like .I want more from a game than just 5000 mph sword swinging and endless killing /heal pot using battles.The double experience again is nothing new,and please tell people if this is using a RMT virtual market,because i am sure it does and that is a dead giveaway the game isn't worth playing .The more you people support these vurtual world trading games,the more we are going to see,as this is a very big money maker for games,more so than a mnthly subscription.These f2p games are infested with millions of accounts,but the games really are not free to play,someone is fitting the bill,and the RMT invaders have no probs loading thousands of accounts because it costs nothing.I bet when you hit level 30+ the grind is so insane ,because they design it that way.They try to hook you with ease of gameplay ,then after you feel like you have invested too much time to quit,the game gets bad/slow real fast.BAm they hooked you.Unless your like me and have no prob leaving a game when it gets bad.

Wow, you must be really mad on all those asian mmorpgs :) ! Really hard words for someone who dont knows much about this game.

Well, but at least I can feel with you and some points are definately valid, especially if we are talking about the most common asian type of MMORPGs...! However, I can assure you , that I played many different Eastern games myselve too, from Silkroad, RF Online  to Archload etc. ! No this game is really absolut different. Also this game is made by chinese and not as most others MMORPG from japan or korea (till this chinese "Wow" , china never had their own big mmorpg!). So there is really no similarity between them - it feels more like WoW and like those chinese films "Tiger & Dragons". There is also no insane kill speed, just fast paced (its not cabal etc.) and there is no korean like grind (every mmorpg will have some kind of grind - otherwise it wouldnt be a mmorpg :) ) ! 

I already talked to one of the chinese players and he also told me that wow is wide spread in china but he told me that most of chinese like PW more because WoW needs too much time. I was curious what he meaned and so I asked further... he then told me that he and his friends dont have the time to do 25-40 instances for good equip and in PW all instaces are for a max of 6 people and you get awesome loot there. So I think the leveling and items are very similar to WoW and no typically you need to play the inflated market system! I can also confirm that as I got most of my equip now at level 9 from quests and loot.

And regarding the RMT I have to say I absolutely agree with you... and as far as I found out in PW its only to get the glowing items or more beatiful things to fly with (but they need some kind of income if its F2P). Even if I am absolutely against the RMT, this way we are at least mostly safe from botters and farmers. I also didnt see any game breaking important items in this store... but that is something I have to ask them again (as I can only judge from icons, not from item description :D) ... but I am sure they can give me a bit more insight on this.

However I hope I could address your concerns, kind regards,

LD

I am too leary of asian mouse&click grinders but perfect world but this is a great post. never played a chinese MMO this sounds like an MMO ive been looking for and dreaming about. character custimization, flying, underwater cities, 'crouching tiger' action (thats like my favorite movie I bought it its here in my collection hehe). Ive been reading up on this mmo cant wait to see it hit

Hello!

Like promised, we just finished the first english Perfect World information site. We gathered all the rare english informations and guides from the internet about this game together in one place. From Screenshots and Movies... to the complete chinese playing guide etc., all can be found on our Wiki pages.

We have even contact to a chinese player, so we will be able to assist in specific questions about this game.

For more informations just visit http://www.perfectworld.cc ! We will try to keep this site as accurate and up to date as possible.

Kind regards,

LD

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794
    Thats awesome! I'll go visit the site and read up.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Nah, I'll pass. You can't change brest size 

But okay. Game looks nice... Combat is bit gay... I mean bit eastern...  They are also graphic effect whores

Will give it a try.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
    Originally posted by DrSmaSh

Nah, I'll pass. You can't change brest size 

But okay. Game looks nice... Combat is bit gay... I mean bit eastern...  They are also graphic effect whores

Will give it a try.

Nah, I guess you didn't look hard enough :) Even if it doesnt matter but you can change the breast size... there is really not much what you CANT change in this character creation interface ^^.

BTW, I think the combat feels very nice, not too eastern and also not too much western, its inbetween (its chinese? :D). But most important are the animations and the feeling you get if you hit a mob etc., and those are very good. But I guess, tastes are different :)

Kind regards,

LD

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

You can change brest size? I'm soled! image

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • Rha-ELRha-EL Member Posts: 208

WTF looks like a Lineage 2 clone, like so many asian games out there.  Nothing original I saw in that game trailer.

First, before I try any Chinese game, they need to demonstrate that they can follow copyright laws.  STOP ripping other people's ideas and calling it theirs and then MAYBE I'll give it a try. 

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
      First off I could compare the game to nearly any other game out there. Success doesn't hinge entirely on orignality.

What the game does do is balance things very well. Albeit the combat style is comparable to L2 it does many other things

with more finesse. Personal housing, easier to access mounts, progressive politics and various elements of the game

help differentiate the game. If anything the game is more like WoW.. sorta. I mean WoW didn't really have a non-linear quest

system like PW. All and all I liked the game alot more the WoW or L2. Though I still prefer CoX. Hehe just personal taste

First of all if you ever played Lineage 2 you'd know right off that the models in this game looks like a direct rip from Lineage 2 + the terrain looks almost identical.

Not to mention it was the chinese who hacked into NCSOFT Korea's server and stole some of the original server for Lineage 2, thus all the Private Server Lineage 2 out there in the world today.

Anyone who's ever played Lineage 2 can see that this is a clone of Lineage 2.  Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if NCSOFT went after these guys for copyright infringement..but hey in China copyright means squat.  After all they seem to steal/copy most of their stuff anyway and try to repackage it.

Sorry to sound harsh but it is what it is.

Originally posted by Rha-EL

First of all if you ever played Lineage 2 you'd know right off that the models in this game looks like a direct rip from Lineage 2 + the terrain looks almost identical.
    Not to mention it was the chinese who hacked into NCSOFT Korea's server and stole some of the original server for Lineage 2, thus all the Private Server Lineage 2 out there in the world today.
    Anyone who's ever played Lineage 2 can see that this is a clone of Lineage 2.  Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if NCSOFT went after these guys for copyright infringement..but hey in China copyright means squat.  After all they seem to steal/copy most of their stuff anyway and try to repackage it.
    Its amazing how you can already declare something a clone you never even PLAYED yet.  also, what does it matters it were chinese who hacked the ncsoft server? Nice attempt to bring the topic off-topic.
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Its amazing how you can already declare something a clone you never even PLAYED yet.  also, what does it matters it were chinese who hacked the ncsoft server? Nice attempt to bring the topic off-topic.

Off topic?  Aren't  you the one resorting to flaming here in this post?  How is it off-topic when it IS a fact that the Chinese DID hack into NCSOFT Korea servers and stole the base code for Lineage 2?  How is it also off-topic when after seeing the you-tube videos that are posted in this thread, the uncanny resemblance to terrain and character models are virtual clones of those that currently exist in Lineage 2?  Are YOU blind?

Maybe you should actually read what I've posted?

We are talking about this game in relation to specific games that have been listed in this topic's title.  One of which is SPECIFICALLY Lineage 2.  If you deny that you can't see how exactly similar the two games are in look and feel than maybe its time you go for an eye exam.

Also, it is a huge concern of mine that China has continually brushed off international copyright laws and acts like they couldn't care less of other people's intellectual rights.  Why do you think foreign companies are now doing a double take on going into China at all?  It is STILL a communist state.  Don't forget that. 

Off topic?  Aren't  you the one resorting to flaming here in this post?  How is it off-topic when it IS a fact that the Chinese DID hack into NCSOFT Korea servers and stole the base code for Lineage 2?  How is it also off-topic when after seeing the you-tube videos that are posted in this thread, the uncanny resemblance to terrain and character models are virtual clones of those that currently exist in Lineage 2?  Are YOU blind?

eh, maybe because this topic is about Perfect World and is not in any way related to source code stolen from NCsoft? Also go look up what the word flaming actually means. Also, the chinese stole the server code, which is used to create the server information.

We are talking about this game in relation to specific games that have been listed in this topic's title.  One of which is SPECIFICALLY Lineage 2.  If you deny that you can't see how exactly similar the two games are in look and feel than maybe its time you go for an eye exam.

Newsflash: Just because graphics look the same does not mean the game is a clone. that is absolutely rediculous.

Also, it is a huge concern of mine that China has continually brushed off international copyright laws and acts like they couldn't care less of other people's intellectual rights.  Why do you think foreign companies are now doing a double take on going into China at all?  It is STILL a communist state.  Don't forget that.

again, total off-topic and unrelated to the game.

Hey hey hey.. calm down... I can assure you
    , this game has NOTHING to do with L2 and it has nothing to do with the chinese stealing L2 content (I agree to the gameloader, thats ridiculous)! L2 runs on the unreal engine, where this game uses a completly different self-made engine!

I really wonder how you can say it looks total identical to L2 (I guess you misinterpreted the movies )... I played L2 myselve for 1.5 years so I know what I am talking about. This game totally feels like WoW with the flair of a chinese myth and some components from FFXI and L2... buts its far away from ANY L2 clone. And thats not just because it has totally different game rules and goals (there is no grind in Perfect World, neighter is there such a harsh PvP, Bot driven economy...).

Just a very small example... in L2 you have fixed models where you can choose from, so in the end nearly everyone looks the same (except wearing different armors). PW is all about customisation... noone will look the same.. the character customisation is the best you will ever see at the moment and there is also a large customisation by the social clothing system etc. ! Maybe you thought they look like the L2 models because you create "chinese looking characters" and they have an asian feelings to it.. but believe me thats all :) ! The game character and game feeling is much more like the movies: "Tiger & Dragon" or "Hero" etc., I guess its all based on this chinese "Pangu" myth!

So I please you to review this game a little more again, before you give such harsh accusation which are really not justified to this beautiful made game!

Kind regards,

LD

First of all its not harsh accusation.  Like you said, all you need to do is play Lineage 2 and then look at the youtube movies for this game and the similarities are so plain its not funny nor can it be disputed.  Its a clone.

How the hell you can say that this game is like WoW when it resembles Lineage 2 so much its bleading with it all over its visualization is just beyond me.  I seriously doubt you played Lineage 2 at all, let alone for 1.5 years.

Lineage 2 is built on the Unreal 2 engine.  The reason why this game doesn't have as much customization is because the developers purposely LEFT IT OUT.  If you played Lineage 2 for 1.5 years you'd know its about mass PvP combat, especially during castle sieges.  All that customization would make YOUR COMPUTER come to a crawl with over hundreds of players running across your computer screen.  You DID say you played Lineage 2 right?  riiiiggghhhhtttt...yeah whatever.

You seriously don't think that if NCSOFT wanted to put customization for their models they can't?  Hell the Unreal 2 engine already comes with built in customization features...and if NCSOFT wanted they could have just implemented THAT.

As for game play being different, I'll give you that.  But my complaint isn't about gameplay.  My complaint is that this game is a RIP OFF of Lineage 2, which it is clearly violationg copyright laws which these people in China could not have EVER gotten away with on U.S. or European soil or any country with a good track record of protecting copyrights.

Because it uses the same graphic style? that is laughable.

Omg! rip off! Blizzard go sue Mythic!

eh, maybe because this topic is about Perfect World and is not in any way related to source code stolen from NCsoft? Also go look up what the word flaming actually means. Also, the chinese stole the server code, which is used to create the server information.

oh really?  Then why is Lineage 2 mentioned in the post's title?  I guess you just happened not to read that part of it yes?  How quaint.  This topic is about Perfect World in COMPARISON to other games.  In that spirit, I can qualify the fact that the chinese did indeed steal Lineage 2's base code and could have possibly incorporated that into this game, since it resembles and looks like a damn clone.  Again are you blind?

Newsflash: Just because graphics look the same does not mean the game is a clone. that is absolutely rediculous.

Newsflash:  You are aware of copyright laws aren't you?  I guess if I cloned you and programmed you to talk and act differently you wouldn't mind?  Please don't make stupid assumptions like this.  I know your smarter.

It is a part of the topic because this IS a chinese game.  Why don't you start living in the real world?

Because it uses the same graphic style? that is laughable.

Omg! rip off! Blizzard go sue Mythic!

Hey gameloading I know your a little kid and all with absolutely no knowledge of how business works, such as copyright laws, so I'll let this one go, but maybe you should really start to educate yourself before you spout out your mouth as often as you do?

I assume the screenshots you posted here are from warhammer online?  I've read that it uses a different engine than WoW and again maybe you should get your eye examined because the art style is clearly different than WoW.

You seem to be getting the idea of copyriting fantasy characters to art that someone else produced.  You DO know the difference don't you?

oh really?  Then why is Lineage 2 mentioned in the post's title?  I guess you just happened not to read that part of it yes?  How quaint.  This topic is about Perfect World in COMPARISON to other games.  In that spirit, I can qualify the fact that the chinese did indeed steal Lineage 2's base code and could have possibly incorporated that into this game, since it resembles and looks like a damn clone.  Again are you blind?

The base code? The chinese stole the server code, the code to run servers, which was used to run private servers! that has NOTHING to do with how the game looks or even plays! its completely off-topic!

Newsflash:  You are aware of copyright laws aren't you?  I guess if I cloned you and programmed you to talk and act differently you wouldn't mind?  Please don't make stupid assumptions like this.  I know your smarter.

You do know that a graphic style can not be copyrighted, right? Perfect World didn't copy any of the textures,animations, or anything else for that matter. It merely uses the same graphic style as Lineage 2, and possible the same Unreal engine. i

It is a part of the topic because this IS a chinese game.  Why don't you start living in the real world?

except for the fact that no copyright violations have been made, so its completely off-topic.

First of all its not harsh accusation.  Like you said, all you need to do is play Lineage 2 and then look at the youtube movies for this game and the similarities are so plain its not funny nor can it be disputed.  Its a clone.
    How the hell you can say that this game is like WoW when it resembles Lineage 2 so much its bleading with it all over its visualization is just beyond me.  I seriously doubt you played Lineage 2 at all, let alone for 1.5 years.
    Lineage 2 is built on the Unreal 2 engine.  The reason why this game doesn't have as much customization is because the developers purposely LEFT IT OUT.  If you played Lineage 2 for 1.5 years you'd know its about mass PvP combat, especially during castle sieges.  All that customization would make YOUR COMPUTER come to a crawl with over hundreds of players running across your computer screen.  You DID say you played Lineage 2 right?  riiiiggghhhhtttt...yeah whatever.
    You seriously don't think that if NCSOFT wanted to put customization for their models they can't?  Hell the Unreal 2 engine already comes with built in customization features...and if NCSOFT wanted they could have just implemented THAT.
    As for game play being different, I'll give you that.  But my complaint isn't about gameplay.  My complaint is that this game is a RIP OFF of Lineage 2, which it is clearly violationg copyright laws which these people in China could not have EVER gotten away with on U.S. or European soil or any country with a good track record of protecting copyrights.

Rha-EL please believe me ITS a RIDICULOUS ACCUSATION !!    

IF you would have played it you would see it that the ENGINE and the GAME does not feel ANYTHING like L2! Also not the models, just because they look like chinese art style! You dont believe me that I have played L2... okay I can meet you INGAME if you want. I have a Level 77 Gladiator / 65 Necromancer.... (just not subscribed anymore). But I can give plenty of proofe of my account, you can also privatly ask me about all the high level, subclass quests etc. as a proove... !

So please stop assuming what this game is just from some crappy youtube movies... I played this game and I played L2 as well as FFXI and WoW and all I can say is it totally feels like a chinese WoW... very smooth, very nice and different gameplay, no grind, some very nice ideas and overall well put together...

But if you still dont believe me, then you simply have to live with your false assumption.. !

Kind regards,

LD 

This discussion has been closed.