Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima online then Asheron Calls soon DARKFALL!!!!

2»

Comments

• -Rodriguez--Rodriguez- Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by xxthecorexx

BUT.. there's kissing in ragnarok ??!!!

sign me UP !!
    www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/117431

Its in the trailer...
  • Nicod3musNicod3mus Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I played ac, ac2, l2 (along with about every other major mmo made) and im telling you right now the Vanguard FFA PVP server  is the most hardcore PVP server ever put together. Cash loot, open PVP with no safe zones, player and guild housing, ships, etc. that take dmg............end game gonna be hawt.
  • busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by Nicod3mus

I played ac, ac2, l2 (along with about every other major mmo made) and im telling you right now the Vanguard FFA PVP server  is the most hardcore PVP server ever put together. Cash loot, open PVP with no safe zones, player and guild housing, ships, etc. that take dmg............end game gonna be hawt.
    Yes, right now it's pretty fun and my guild only just started it. It's not UO, not even near, but it's still FUN!

The nerf-wagon will come fo sho in few months, but it's good while it lasts

After that it's back into the MMORPG void..
  • Ragnar_DRagnar_D Member Posts: 8
    Dude, Darkfall is not coming soon. As much as I'd like to wish it was coming soon, it just isn't.

Adventurine needs to give us more updates to prove that they're actually nearing completion of this game. The last gameplay video was a disappointment. It was incomplete and unpolished. All special attacks and many features disabled "for testing", odd testing if you ask me. Graphics set to default, to which I ask why? Why not show us what your graphic engine is capable of in the only video you've released for years? It all just seems odd to me.

I've been following this game forever and the game doesn't seem any closer to beta than it did three years ago. Now, I'm not going to call Darkfall vapourware, because I like to have a little faith that a FFA PvP MMORPG is coming out  sometime in the future. However, I'll be very surprised if this game even hits beta this year.

Honestly though, if it doesn't hit beta this year, then I think that Darkfall will prove that the development has hit some serious snag. This is DF's sixth year of development... the longer they wait to release the game, the greater chance it has of failing outright. The longer it takes, the higher the expectations of it's fans. At this point, they must deliver an outstanding game, or players that have been following this game for 5+ years will simply be disappointed.
  • DerricoDerrico Member Posts: 42
    I played AC1, AC2, UO, DAoC. Basically all PvP games, and ill say that darkfall does look good, but the problem is Darkfalls orginal release was scheduled in 2002...Darkfall if were luck will be released in 2011. BTW im playing Vanguard FFA PvP and the PvP in that game is nothing short of great, whoever said that it was more intense then AC PvP needs to check themselves. Although I like vanguard PvP, AC PvP had full on looting.

Waiting On:
    Age of Conan

Retired:
    AC - DT refugee - L173 UA
    AC2 - L50 Lugian Elementalist
    WoW - L60 gnome Warlock
    V:SoH - 50 rakki Ranger

• No one with any experience on these boards beleives Darkfall will be released.  We are sort of like "Hey that would be cool but I'll believe it when I see it.  But until then, you know, whatever."

So in other words this is pointless.
  • retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Originally posted by forest-nl

If you have played first 2 then DFO will be game for you dont look further:)
    Sorry, can't help you there.  I'm going to be playing whatever comes out in the next five years before Darkfall gets into beta testing.  Perhaps six months after its release in 2012 I will try the 10 day free trial.  On the other hand, if it never comes out I will be happy playing Warhammer.