Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTR Beta invited :D

Finaly got invited after like 5 months..

if i get bored or it doesn't run good i'll give it to someone.

but is it really any good?

Reviews anyone?

Comments

• geemonkeygeemonkey Member Posts: 91
    Games great, hope that you enjoy it
  • BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    check the lotro forum, great game...
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    I already Pre-ordered it...Great game

• deadlysnipe0deadlysnipe0 Member Posts: 6
    I don't know of the game, but I heard it is bad. The PVP fighting system is unfair. If you click on someone first, unless the person is 50 levels higher than you, you win. It's really an out-based game. The graphics are horrible. When you fight a mob, you get disconnected 10% of the times due to server lag, if your in a guild war, you cant even go in, because if someone is in front of you, you can run through them. { Mod Edit }

I think im hot

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    Originally posted by deadlysnipe0

I don't know of the game, but I heard it is bad. The PVP fighting system is unfair. If you click on someone first, unless the person is 50 levels higher than you, you win. It's really an out-based game. The graphics are horrible. When you fight a mob, you get disconnected 10% of the times due to server lag, if your in a guild war, you cant even go in, because if someone is in front of you, you can run through them.  { Mod Edit }
    I believe you're thinking of a different game. There aren't guild wars in LotRO, and the only pvp comes in the form of dueling and/or Monster Play; I had very few lag hiccups during the stress test (if there was going to be lag, it would've been then!), and no disconnections; the graphics (especially the high-res ones) are actually very nice, though I guess this part is subjective- you like the style or you don't.
  • Jumper2kJumper2k Member UncommonPosts: 133

/sigh... I wish I got invited

Currently Playing: WoW (somewhat)
    Testing: None
    Played: WoW, CoV, AL, SWG, VC, EVE, SWToR

• velocityvelocity Member Posts: 102
    yeah, me to i asked but never got awnser, btw my hole clan from css is gona think the game is gona flop and i dont :D
  • noodlesannoodlesan Member Posts: 46
    get your own key at the local bookstore...bring 5 bucks or a pen/cil and something to write on.

or if you're bound to your chair, do it online.
  • GlubbyGlubby Member Posts: 85

K i've been palying it and it's crap. 3 days bored so bored. WoW kills this.. no PvP archers mages suck. Fighters are crazy overpowered. Quest are the same get this kill that. nothing to spice it up. PvE sucks you runt hrough the monsters and you don't face them half the time, gotta have it on low graphics settings just to play the game and i have  afast computer.

Beta test it.

Dont buy it

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    What do you class as a fast machine? cause im running it on high spec on a low end machine and it runs flawlessly much better than a tonne of other mmorpg's that require less  specs to run you have hardly. The only lag i have had with this game was when all the WOW decided to spam the OOC channel and it was not lag just that there was a lot of rubbish being dribble about how this game was crap and WOW is better i think it is time that some people need to stop watching cartoons and need to get out in the real world.

So be more specific what kind of machine are you running?
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • nickcollinsnickcollins Member Posts: 8
    Hey,

If your bored of the game could i get your beta account off you?

Email: [email protected]
  • lzxirolzxiro Member Posts: 6
    I could use the key to see if i want to pre order too please, thanks

[email protected]
  • DanyBoy2005DanyBoy2005 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I got my beta account months ago. Havent played in a long long time. I played for quite a bit of time and quit. The game bores me. In my own opinion this game sucks. Thats my opinion so dont bloody come at me with a bunch of shit..
  • flowercivicflowercivic Member Posts: 31

This game bored the crap out of me too... Wow collect this, kill this many creatures to get the cloak that everyone else is wearing.  I was in a earlier closed beta, and invited to the next stage... I decided to clean my house, and excercise.  That seemed like a more fun than playing LOTRO. 

As for the graphics I was full bore on it with no issues... You may have a top of the line computer, but if you never give it love (tweaks) you will end up with a top end machine that behaves like a low-end.  I have seen lower end computers look better just because the nerd knew what he was doing, and make sure to allocate all resources to it. 

First make sure that you have turned off all of the extra garbage in the background.  quit Adobe quick start, conquor quicktime, murder mdm (stupid windows error reporting), kill the print spooler, eliminate the anti-virus, disable windows update, close spyware blockers, and just any of the extra crap that you may have running.  Don't forget to check your temps, and clean your machine out every 6-9 months. (3-6 if you have pets) A clogged up fan with dust and pet hair is not cooling a darn thing.  Update the drivers for EVERYTHING, check for BIOS updates (if your a more advanced user, defragment the hard drive... the darn list can go on forever. 

Yes I may be a nerd, but I am a female nerd so that makes it all better. 

Cheers

• deltiordeltior Member UncommonPosts: 50

Great games, Very well finished!

Always surprising to see other posts on LOTR, Wondering if they ever played it since their description about the game feature (PvP, Guild ...etc) is so far from the actual content of the game..

Well nevermind

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435

Trully the most boring game i had the misfortune of playing, feels like a bloody roleplayers paradise. 

Lets all be happy and hold hands sort of environment.

• Mars505Mars505 Member Posts: 623
    First game i pre-ordered since Lineage 2 launch. Think for Leet pwnzors, this game is not for them , or the arrogant "my computer specs are" kind of crowd. It is a fun game with fun people playing it. The community is the best part of the game and it just keeps growing with more and more positive people.

Think most of the leet pwnzors will be going to Conan and W.A.R. , so i am quite happy to be here at LotRO , becuase all in all , it is awesome game for people who like to play them. I really looked at all the games coming up, and frankly , i'm tired of waiting. I  saw some really graphically violent clips from Conan , and truthfully , I don't have the stomach for it. The only other game right now that sparks any interest is the STO , because i'm a nerd lol . Be well all and hope some of you find what your looking for

who me ?

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162
    Originally posted by Demz2

Trully the most boring game i had the misfortune of playing, feels like a bloody roleplayers paradise. 
    Lets all be happy and hold hands sort of environment.

Curse those bloody roleplayer. Those...those...bad, bad people!

Live long and prosper

• SelffisherSelffisher Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Glubby

Finaly got invited after like 5 months..

if i get bored or it doesn't run good i'll give it to someone.

but is it really any good?
    Reviews anyone?

I'm jealous...

• velocityvelocity Member Posts: 102
    want 1 to
  • LvciferLvcifer Member Posts: 127
    i loved the game.. i pre-order it...

i think open beta is coming up soon~

MyBrute = addicting mini online game!

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    I thought it was boring, but to each his own...   Also too many instances kills the immersion.
  • BornFreeBornFree Member Posts: 14
    People will enjoy it for mabey few months then its just boring as hell. Right now games horible grinder where money is hard to get to maney bugs and they want you pay before they go live gee wonder why lol smells of a cheap rip off.
  • FallenjediFallenjedi Member Posts: 3

So far so great. I've been playing in the Beta since the first Stress Test. I've pre-ordered as well. The graphics, the immersion via questing and the story is excellent. Some of the instancing can be off-putting, but this game being as casual and as easy to get into, makes up for anything like that. The graphics are great, runs fine on my old PC. People call it a copy, but look over to the left at the column of games - tell me that they aren't all copies in one way or another with some special tweaks. What Turbine has done here, is amazing, and if you haven't tried it out yet - well keep trying.

Good luck, and hope to see you ingame.