Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farming, seeds and frustration... Oh my!

2»

Comments

• WoodslingWoodsling Member Posts: 78

Sure, it does look like a dragon... if you freeze the picture and doodle with a red marker 

When I get home from work I'll be doodling at that picture aswell. I'll show you all that the squiggle you see is in fact a happy bunny! Or is it?

Maybe it is in fact a roaring camp fire? ... mayhaps even a grandmother in her rocking chair?

• cpt.Balerioncpt.Balerion Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Woodsling

Sure, it does look like a dragon... if you freeze the picture and doodle with a red marker 

hah yea that's a good point

well I haven't played the beta much cause I'm waiting on new pc so I haven't tried it myself, but the smoking could be fun, especially when the smoke doesn't have an exact shape, so yea like guessing the shape of clouds ^^

• WombaWomba Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Womba

but why spend time doing farming and crafting to get only clouds?

I just have to reply on this comment.

Why spend time you say? For the very same reason I spend time dying my clothes, finding pretty trinkets and drinking "a flagon of wine" at the inn; Because I can.

Not only that, if I am supposed to be a farmer I really need to be the very best farmer there is, able to do everything on the list (and the special things that are supposed to be rare) in case someone somewhere asks me to produce it for them.

I take pride in my crafting when it comes to mmorpg's, always have and always will... and you know what? It's a good way of making a living. More people than you think is interrested in things like that. And "rare" produces are more sought after than average recipes. Thus resulting in a better price which they are more than willing to pay.

Heh, sorry if i offended you. I just ment that to spend time to get only roleplaying value from crafting to me is kinda how i say... weak :)

Since im armorsmith in beta i know that i would make nice money from forged heavy armor if i could just find Sawtooth's Tooths ;)

So far those are first rares people could craft that are better than any quest rewards at that target level so that adds value to that crafting tree since i would quess one piece of that armor would sell around 1 gold easily.

I just cant see selling tobacco even rare ones for good cash atm. "If" smoking normal tobacco would give you like little buff to moral regeneration for 30mins and smoking that rare tobacco would give major buff to moral and power regeneration and maybe some buff to stats too for like 2 hours then i could see them selling for much more.

Well that would lead to ethical issue, some flowerhat grannies would raise alarm about game that youngsters play that tells you that smoking is good, healthly and makes you stronger etc ;)

Damn, just passed one year without cigarettes and still miss them. And here i am in forums writing about farming pipeweed like that would help Maybe when this goes live i start  smoking again and smoke ingame too and watch little hobbits running around carrying mailbags around and enjoy those different clouds ;)

Oh don't worry about that... I don't get offended that easily... *Smiles*

Roleplaying is actually the one and only reason I play games such as these. Making money aint that important to me even though they do makes things a whole lot easier.

But I do agree. It would be a whole lot nicer if the weed/tobacco/smoke actually did something considering the horrible time it takes to make it.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Here I am, a silly li'l twat that just loves crafting and things like that.

And I must say I do love the farming aspect in this game.
    But there are a few issues that do bug me...
    As you weed farmers out there know each weed are supposed to have a special animation when smoked.

So I noticed the dragonbreath-weed and thought to myself; Oh wow, that must be a special tobacco!
    So I started to venture along the path to make that special weed.

First I had to find that illusive and somewhat rare special seed called Lobelia, and so I did.

Then I had to grow enough of those seeds to get more Lobelia seeds to be able to cross-breed that seed with a store bought seed to get the Muddy-Foot seed.

After that it was time to grow enough of those seeds (the muddy foot ones) to cross-breed that one with another store bought seed to get the dragonbreath seed.

And why do I want the dragonbreath seed? I want it so I can make the dragonbreath weed and see that magnificent smoke animation!
    And FINALLY I managed to get a bag of dragonbreath weed and I just couldn't wait to try it out.

So there I was waiting for something spectacular... and what happened? My character took a puff and looked very content (as always when she smokes) and then the animation were to start...
    ... ... ... Ehm ... ... ... a squiggle with a blob on a doo-hickey? What the hell was that???

Tried again. Still couldn't see what the poop it was supposed to be.

Gave away a few bags to a bundle of people so they would try it out and tell me what it was.
    Not a single one could tell me what it was... someone said he saw a sail boat, another a snake and the third saw his girlfriend.

Guess it's one of those ink-blob things where you see what you see.
    Bottom line; If a crafted item takes forever to make, shouldn't there be at least something special and/or magnificent about it?
    (Also keep in mind that you have to buy a butt-load of recipes for hundreds of coins to even be able to cross-breed aof those seeds to get to the dragonbreath ones)

Hey your not a silly little twat because Crafting and stuff is the best part of any Mmorpg  Hey and least you took the time to actually make the Dragon Weed

• IvanTheFoolIvanTheFool Member Posts: 75
       I think the recipes are just a bit misplaced, the named of that dragon weed sounds like something that should be pretty freakin rare, I never did find any rare weed seeds during the stress test, but I did get pretty high in farming just for casual play.  If they add in elaborate smoke effects and then a group buff for each pull on a pipe of rare weed, I think that would be great. Would need to be some pretty rare outcomes of farming though, because farming seems really easy as I see it.  No offense to those that've tweaked soil content, sunlight / darkness ratios, and wattering cycles to perfect the  wonderful... oh wait yeah its not that involved.

i do agree more interesting fluff is needed though, why skimp, why hold back those artists intersted in adding in crazy smoke ring effects.  Why not turn the sky orangish red with a puff before cluding fog aroudn the smoker and then emerges a flaming dragon.  I mean if pipe-weed is going to have a market for just fluff, then go over the top.
  • cefirocefiro Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I totally agree, after all the effort farming takes. Right from the start its different from most crafts. U make armour or a weapon or jewels and  u know straight away u can sell it to someone, but suddenly u are making carrots and onions with no guidance and wtf do i do with this stuff?

I think weed should give a buff, and if that doesnt fit into the ethics of the game or the perceived view the outside public will have of smoke giving benifits to players (stupid do-gooders voicing inane opinions) perhaps it should be like wow in that the weed makes u see what others cannot- special elementals to do special quests-perhaps those 'quests' can give the buffs or items. This would lead to a trade demand on rare weeds. And make all the effort wothwhile.
    Originally posted by IvanTheFool

I think the recipes are just a bit misplaced, the named of that dragon weed sounds like something that should be pretty freakin rare, I never did find any rare weed seeds during the stress test, but I did get pretty high in farming just for casual play.  If they add in elaborate smoke effects and then a group buff for each pull on a pipe of rare weed, I think that would be great. Would need to be some pretty rare outcomes of farming though, because farming seems really easy as I see it.  No offense to those that've tweaked soil content, sunlight / darkness ratios, and wattering cycles to perfect the  wonderful... oh wait yeah its not that involved.

i do agree more interesting fluff is needed though, why skimp, why hold back those artists intersted in adding in crazy smoke ring effects.  Why not turn the sky orangish red with a puff before cluding fog aroudn the smoker and then emerges a flaming dragon.  I mean if pipe-weed is going to have a market for just fluff, then go over the top.

Exactly!! ... that's just what they are supposed to do. If the ONE and ONLY reason for an item in a game is "fluff" then the fluff should really go over the top.

To the extreme even, otherwise it's no real use or reason to have it in-game at all.

Especially not now considering that everyone can "/smoke" if they want and don't need any bags of weed to do so