Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some one give me 10 good reasons why rs sucks

pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
everyone disses rs, but usually the reasons can be applied to other games. some one try and give me ten good reasons y  it sucks.  pls dont give crap answeres like "beacuse u cant say sum words." thats just idiotic try better

Comments

• retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    1.  Browser based games are effected by browser malfunctions and are easier to hack.

2.  The graphics, even with an update, are far worse than most other MMOs.

3.  The community is flooded with young gamers because of the fact that the game is free.

4.  The combat is very simple and lacks a unique feel.

5.  Dev support for free games if often worth the money users spend.

6.  The music is dull and an attempt to use the music as a kind of "collection" with special "pay members" songs is trite and silly.

7.  Character customization is totally ridiculous and looks almost exactly like hobbo hotel.

8.  End-game content looks a lot like ants eating a grasshopper.  Boring.

9.  Early game progression is stunted because of the way in which free users can harm new player experience.

10.  Spam
  • meat_bag0meat_bag0 Member Posts: 94
    hobbo hotel? isnt that some game that you buy virtual furniture with real money? if so, thats the stupidest game idea i have ever heard... but yeah you definatly made a list of 10 man. nice going im sure it wasnt hard lol

*??)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(??*
    ?.•??.•*??)?.•*?*•.?(??*•.??•.?
    (?.•? (?.• MEAT_BAG0 •.?) ?•.?)
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    thanks for responding intelligently. oh in reply to number 1, As far as  I know, no1 has hacked rs. It is well protected. Usually what happens is sum1 guesses a password or someone lets it slip. In response to number 3, isn;t good to have some younger players? Sure they may be immature but also they arnt always stupid. U meet some intelligent kids on rs. Any way those r very minor things in total i quite agree with ur 10 reasons

good job anyone else got 10 reasons

• GoddyfatherGoddyfather Member Posts: 239
    Theres no need, this game just plain suxs. You'll see one time, i promise you that.

And aboves resons are completely true.
    I would appreciate 10 reasons to back up your claim. The other person was very smart and came up with a few.

y cant u?

• blah40000blah40000 Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by pk3rpure

I would appreciate 10 reasons to back up your claim. The other person was very smart and came up with a few.

y cant u?
    this thread could be a good start for a board game titled "10 reasons" in wich the players get to randomly pick a card with a topic/ subject and give a why does this topic ___ for example the other players write down 10 reasons why rs sucks. it would be a top seller and get people to spend good family time with each other. and i can try for a few good reasons.

1. very repetitive game play.

2. no skills accept for magic and prayer.

3. emote system sucks

4. no real in game party/ clan system.

5. lvling takes too long on free servers.

6. quests give small rewards.

7. horrible customer service.

8. members and high lvls harass low lvls and often force people to quit early.

9. if you lose your account to someone you can't do anything but start over again.

10. most people even people who are quite smart act like R-tards in game and is hard to find someone who is smart who plays because smart people don't play rs.

I hope those 10 reasons are enough to feed your hunger for opinions
  • TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

1. It is about 100 years old

2. The graphics look like I vomited into microsoft paint, and then microsoft paint vomited creating Runescape.

3. Girls don't like guys that play RS

4. Did I mention it is seriously like the oldest game ever? Because I am pretty sure it is the grandfather of Super Mario Brothers....I'll have to check my facts on that one, but I swear I heard that somewhere.

5. Because there are better looking/playing free games up for download.

6. This guy says Runescape suxxx (three x's means business) t(-_-t) and so does his friend ( T_T )

7. Everytime someone creates a character in Runescape another Chuck Norris joke is created and posted on the internet 6000 times....

8. Osama Bin Laden plays Runescape on his lap top in his creepy spider cave.

9. It's SO old!!!

10. Finally, and definitely most importantly, Runescape killed my parents in front of me when I was a child. Now I've had to take up the title of Batman in order to work out my horrible issues, and exact vengance on all criminals. It's pretty awesome wearing a cape and all, but sometimes I just want to kick back and relax without seeing the mother effing batsignal every 3 minutes.

And there you have it my friend THE 10 reasons not to play Runescape. Print that on a tee shirt and wear it to your tap dancing lessons!

Originally posted by TedDanson

2. The graphics look like I vomited into microsoft paint, and then microsoft paint vomited creating Runescape.
    4. Did I mention it is seriously like the oldest game ever? Because I am pretty sure it is the grandfather of Super Mario Brothers....I'll have to check my facts on that one, but I swear I heard that somewhere.
    6. This guy says Runescape suxxx (three x's means business) t(-_-t) and so does his friend ( T_T )
    7. Everytime someone creates a character in Runescape another Chuck Norris joke is created and posted on the internet 6000 times....
    9. It's SO old!!!
    10. Finally, and definitely most importantly, Runescape killed my parents in front of me when I was a child. Now I've had to take up the title of Batman in order to work out my horrible issues, and exact vengance on all criminals. It's pretty awesome wearing a cape and all, but sometimes I just want to kick back and relax without seeing the mother effing batsignal every 3 minutes.
    And there you have it my friend THE 10 reasons not to play Runescape. Print that on a tee shirt and wear it to your tap dancing lessons!

1. 100 yrs is an exageration

2. i agree runescapes graphics sucks. it is a browser game tho

3. I get plenty of gfs and i still play

4. thats just a crap comment

5. some ppl dont like to download

6. ur just filling space

7. ditto

8. umm osama probly plays WoW

9. thats true, it is very old

10. wtf of an answer is dat u idiot

U rly need to try harder. those answers r not going to convince me

• Thunder_HeadThunder_Head Member Posts: 304
    Face it: Runescape is a much, much, much crappier copy of WoW.
    Actually i think WoW was an improved version of runescape

• meat_bag0meat_bag0 Member Posts: 94

9. It's SO old!!!

1. 100 yrs is an exageration

6. ur just filling space

7. ditto

i just wanted to comment on number 1... i saw in my history book in school...i think it was 7th grade that george washington actually played runescape and was the first president to reach level 100...its true i would not tell a lie...oh wait thats abe lincoln...but you know what i mean..lol and dude youll have to accept that runescape is kind of "stone age" in the mmorpg world...

*??)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(??*
    ?.•??.•*??)?.•*?*•.?(??*•.??•.?
    (?.•? (?.• MEAT_BAG0 •.?) ?•.?)

• eviano56eviano56 Member Posts: 2

AGHH!!! THE BEST Question in the threads. There Are A LOT more then 10 reasons but heres what ur asking for

1)Graphics are prettyy badd and lagg is common

2)too many immature (dont get me wrong there are mature) little 10 yr olds play

3)WAY TOO addicting. Makes u depressed and stressed if u die or something

4)Older Members and younger F2P always call people noobs and clain they have lvl 100 accounts (bull)

5)Swearing isnt Allowed =(

6)Some people say ur reported for no effing reason whatsoever

7)Gameplay is BOORRRRRING. I mean whats fun in cutting trees and mining crap. Is it fun too waste 3 hours?

8)Fighting is unfair because mages own everyone

9)Too choppy and slow game with "hackers" and a lot of scammers who have no life

10)F2P and P2P are very very different often causing P2P players to be very better then F2P and causing more insults.

I once played runescape and regret that  i ever did. now i am thinking of how crappy everything in it was. if u wanna hold some life whatsoever, play sherwood on www.maidmarian.com that game is team based, and no skills are neccisary. Im lvl 31 and after playing like 5 months  in runescape i was only lvl 40. Thanks for the buliton i love harasssing that game.

Evan Crash That Stuff

• DahlianeDahliane Member Posts: 3
    RS is not all that bad. Ya, I will give you the graphics suck and it is an old game, but I have to say for a Free game I wouldn't complain to much except for that the fact that they don't make any new skills for the free players or quests for them. All they seem to care about is that stupid like $10 a month that they get from maybe 15% of the members that they get. Although, i will give them this. RS is the only game that I have ever played where I could leave for like a year or two at a time. Hell, I still have an account on the game but I haven't played played since I was in school. I will check it out and see how friends are doing every now and again....

"Because the speed of light is faster than the speed sound; is that why people appear bright until they speak?"

Yea thanks for the intelligent answers. Has anyone thought of a runescape 3. Maybe with some better graphics :) The point about runescape being addictive is important. That is rly bad they shud get sued. I almost killed myself cuse i died once ....

• stickmstickm Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by blah40000

y cant u?
    this thread could be a good start for a board game titled "10 reasons" in wich the players get to randomly pick a card with a topic/ subject and give a why does this topic ___ for example the other players write down 10 reasons why rs sucks. it would be a top seller and get people to spend good family time with each other. and i can try for a few good reasons.

3. emote system sucks

9. if you lose your account to someone you can't do anything but start over again.

10. most people even people who are quite smart act like R-tards in game and is hard to find someone who is smart who plays because smart people don't play rs.

1. I found it less repetative then most games ive tried because there is alot more to do in the game besides combat.

2. there are plenty of crafting skills, much more then any other game.

3. Why does it suck? it has more emotes then most of the games ive played.

4. true, but u will find bigger and more organized clans in rs then in a game like lineage or WOW, the clan community orgainzes all its own events and wars by itself

5. Then pay. I got to lvl 122 on a free server. there are maybe lvl 120+ FREE ONLY players in my clan. It takes longer but you will have more recognition in the clan community for it aswell.

6. The quests are fun... and this game has GOOD long story quests.. unlike most games which have no quests to speak of and just have mailman and kill x quests.

7. Yes but at least they have customer service and you can actually contact them and get a reply.

8. Harass low lvls? log out and onto a new server or mute them or ask a player mod to come and send in a report for you against them. The only harassment I see is when low lvls try to take high lvls training spots and refuse to leave... How can someone harrass you in this game? your character is not tied to a server and their are 100's of servers.

9. Maybe enter in your recovery questions and get a new password? Not to mention you have your bank pins ect. You can get ur account back easy. Never heard of someone loosing their account for good.

• stickmstickm Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by eviano56

AGHH!!! THE BEST Question in the threads. There Are A LOT more then 10 reasons but heres what ur asking for
    4)Older Members and younger F2P always call people noobs and clain they have lvl 100 accounts (bull)
    7)Gameplay is BOORRRRRING. I mean whats fun in cutting trees and mining crap. Is it fun too waste 3 hours?
    9)Too choppy and slow game with "hackers" and a lot of scammers who have no life
    10)F2P and P2P are very very different often causing P2P players to be very better then F2P and causing more insults.
    I once played runescape and regret that  i ever did. now i am thinking of how crappy everything in it was. if u wanna hold some life whatsoever, play sherwood on www.maidmarian.com that game is team based, and no skills are neccisary. Im lvl 31 and after playing like 5 months  in runescape i was only lvl 40. Thanks for the buliton i love harasssing that game.

Evan Crash That Stuff

it doesn't lag, maybe it will if your playing from europe trying to play on US servers but they have so many servers that you can probably find a server in your own city.

There are no "hackers" in RS thats just bullshit, there are scammers but there is also a REPORT featrue to report them and 2 accept options and a trade confirmation screen.... if you click the confirm your just an idiot. There have been scammer in everygame ive played since diablo. If there are enough noobs to scam then there will scammers to take advantage of them.

Mages dont own everyone.... god seriously... Especially in F2P (which i assume you played on) they are farily underpowered. Judging by your low lvl (40) its safe to say that you were owned by some newb pkers... they get stats like 1 def and 60+ magic 40 attack and 60 str... if you run from them you will probably die... if you attack them you will probably kill them because of their 1 def... if you have a bow you will murder them.

P2P players are not better then F2P players, I have a F2P character and can beat any P2P player my lvl, when they come onto a F2P server they have zero advantage over you because they cannot use any of their P2P items.

I feel stupid having to defend runescape, i dont even play it anymore but i played it for 5ish years and it was very fun. I was in a clan for 4.5 years and it was tons of fun with them. So when i read people saying that they got to lvl 40 after 5 months when I use to make lvl 40-60 newb pkers as they are called in 3-5 days its just retarded... you obviously just dont know how to play... its like saying your only lvl 10 in WOW after a year of playing when it only takes 2 months of casual to reach lvl 60.

I beta tested WOW and from playing WOW i did not see a single thing other then graphics that was done better...

-PKing, dead in WOW, no one pk's anymore. WOW has battlegrounds but runescape has fightpits, castle wars and many other lossless pvp options for people who dont want to lose their items. Aswell as the regular full pk/item lose areas.

-Quests: WOW has no story line quests, just courier and kill x missions.

-Crafting/player enomony: WOW crafting is a joke you cannot be a fulltime crafter and expect to be powerfull in the game. and there is no economy to speak of in WOW.

-Clan/grouping: WOW has a clan system, runescape doesn't. However you will find that runescapes clans are much bigger, more organized and more political then WOW's even though WOW is a bigger game. In runescape its not uncommon for clans to bring 150+ each to clan wars. IMO clan systems like WOW ruin what makes the clan community great. Appart from when WOW first launch i have not heard of any clanwars (not that they would mean anything in WOW because there is no death penalty.

There is just alot more things to do in runescape, you could probably spend months just doing the story quests everyday allday. Not to mention they add new quests every month.

• DahlianeDahliane Member Posts: 3
    That would be awesome if they improved the graphics. Instead of just adding to the skills and such. I'll agree with ya on the fact that the game is very addictive when you start to get somewhere in it....

"Because the speed of light is faster than the speed sound; is that why people appear bright until they speak?"

Originally posted by stickm

Originally posted by blah40000

y cant u?

3. emote system sucks

1. I found it less repetative then most games ive tried because there is alot more to do in the game besides combat.

2. there are plenty of crafting skills, much more then any other game.

3. Why does it suck? it has more emotes then most of the games ive played.

4. true, but u will find bigger and more organized clans in rs then in a game like lineage or WOW, the clan community orgainzes all its own events and wars by itself

5. Then pay. I got to lvl 122 on a free server. there are maybe lvl 120+ FREE ONLY players in my clan. It takes longer but you will have more recognition in the clan community for it aswell.

6. The quests are fun... and this game has GOOD long story quests.. unlike most games which have no quests to speak of and just have mailman and kill x quests.

7. Yes but at least they have customer service and you can actually contact them and get a reply.

8. Harass low lvls? log out and onto a new server or mute them or ask a player mod to come and send in a report for you against them. The only harassment I see is when low lvls try to take high lvls training spots and refuse to leave... How can someone harrass you in this game? your character is not tied to a server and their are 100's of servers.

9. Maybe enter in your recovery questions and get a new password? Not to mention you have your bank pins ect. You can get ur account back easy. Never heard of someone loosing their account for good.

10. I get the feeling you must have been one of these "R-tards" from your answers.

1. the skills are repetitive as well

2. skills as in combat/ convenience skills like the ones you put on hotkeys

3. quality over quantity

4. still it is very hard to know who's who if you have 500 people in it with no symbol or anything like that.

5. i understand that but its just too much time and mind you you need to update your skills like fishing cooking and such to keep up with the combat prices are too high to buy food with because the loot you get in pve is much less than you spend on the food to get it.

6. if your a member mind you when i post its usually about free servers.

7. most games you pay for have customer service and much better than this.

8. I understand that too but once again its the fact that every free server has (almost) nothing but assholes who show off there rune 2h swords and yell at you because all you have is a bronze dagger.

9. if it were that fast to change your password then the person who stole your account would change it before you could. and recoveries are for if you forget your password not to recover your account.

10. act like r-tards not are r-tards and that is flaming and will be reported as such have a nice 1 day ban (or more).
  • confuzledconfuzled Member Posts: 6
    Well theres only one reason I stopped playing and that is because all of the little noobs who wouldn't leave me alone; they'd follow me around saying perverted things until I logged out. I'm not paying $5 a month to be harassed all of the time.

Yes, the graphics suck. Yes, it's crowded and lame but at least they update and TRY to make things better in the game (unlike Deicide...yeah never play that game guys...5 months of my life wasted)

All-in-all, it's not too bad. It could use a lot of work but hey, they're still alive and kickin =)

Runescape - Confuzled [NOT IN USE]
    Oz World - Mischa [NOT IN USE]
    Deicide - Sammie (Miras server) [DELETED]
    Pirate King Online - Sammie (Anchor server) [ONLINE WEEKLY]
    Albatross18 - (heart)Mischa(heart) [ONLINE DAILY]
    Silkroad Online - Bishoujo [ONLINE DAILY]

Originally posted by chuangye2009

[Mod Edit]

ok you do know rs was before wow.
  • Buzzie002Buzzie002 Member Posts: 52

9. It's SO old!!!

1st of all u said its old twice so thats 9 reasons

2nd of all it's browser based so yes that graphics do suck but what do u expect

3rd "Girls don't like guys that play RS" okay most gamers that play MMO's unless ure someone who just casually play MMO's don't really care about girls if there wasting there time on a MMO most of the time.

4th u said old again it's like 4 yrs old and who says old is bad UO is ancient but lots of ppl still enjoy it. Mario's ancient but everybody loves it. dumb statement by you.

5th some ppl don't want to download games because 1. they don't have enough space on hard drive. 2. Parents won't let them. 3. Some ppl just don't care to download games.

6th 3 x's so what "he's being serious" thats dumb statement not valid reason for saying runescape sucks on ure part.

7th so what another chuck norris joke....they're not so bad

8th osama = dead

9th look at 4th

10th not even going to say anything another invald reason for saying rs sucks

NOW QUOTING GUY WHO MADE THREAD

1. 100 years is a exageration

6. ur just filling space

7. ditto

1st duh it's a exageration he's sum kinda retard

2nd u have valid point

3rd "i get plenty of gf's" dude if u mean at one time which i hope u don't that means that u will never have a long relationhip and if u have more than one i doubt there in real life u probly just get on RS so they can just mooch off u. And i doubt ure over 11.

4th i agree again

5th agree again

6th yep

7th c'mon how can chuck norris jokes get old

8th lol... but i'm sure i saw him on GW i don't think he can make monthly payments anymore he doesn't want to give away where he lives/hides

9th it's not that old were u born yesterday

10th true

11 well duh there not going to convince u he's some RS flamer who's just making up crap.

• DethlyBladeZDethlyBladeZ Member Posts: 106
    I can give more than 10 reasons but 10 you ask? 10 it shall be.

1.) Browser based MMO.. wtf I can't stand having to type in www.runescape.com every time just to play a game.

2.) Account setup is horrible.. You have to create an account for just 1 character.. so easy to hack accounts in that game.

3.) Graphics are done from Java-Script.. Why java?! you could've used better programs than that. (C++)

4.) Community. Example: Kid 1: hay a gurl!! wanna syber? Kid 2: noob noob noob noob noob noob my main is better! Kid 3: fjlsflsafjsh hehe me spam... god I hate those little kids.

5.) Economy. Just gold? no Copper, Silver, Gold, then Platinum?

6.) Controls. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK TO MOVE!

7.) Gear. List of Gear you can get: Bronze, Iron, Steel, Black, Mithril, Adamant, Rune, and Dragon.. odd.

8.) Chat filters. "Yeah, so I just got home from the ***** today" next thing you know you get a message from jagex saying their banning you from saying the word Beach.

9.) Support. Lets say you and another family member play on the same account, what does that equal? BAN!

10.) Death. WTF!!!!! when you die you loose everything that you were wearing and everything that was in your inventory.. gear, items, etc.

Thats 10 for ya.. though there would be about 15 bad things about runescape.. but sadly I can'not think of a good thing about runescape.. only negative thoughts. (aliens are cool)

(seriously I'm gonna be ticked off if I get banned for this post.. nothing offensive and I'm not saying anything negative towards the other person. -_-)
    Ok about the gurlfrend bit... lol... i get heaps.. sometimes at one time. and yea i have reasonably long relationships. Actually i dont play anymore i just defend the game from retards who dis it. Thanks everybody for being sensable. Ps. im actully 12... Not 11. Not joking btw

• ejk6000ejk6000 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by stickm

Originally posted by eviano56

Evan Crash That Stuff

it doesn't lag, maybe it will if your playing from europe trying to play on US servers but they have so many servers that you can probably find a server in your own city.

There are no "hackers" in RS thats just bullshit, there are scammers but there is also a REPORT featrue to report them and 2 accept options and a trade confirmation screen.... if you click the confirm your just an idiot. There have been scammer in everygame ive played since diablo. If there are enough noobs to scam then there will scammers to take advantage of them.

Mages dont own everyone.... god seriously... Especially in F2P (which i assume you played on) they are farily underpowered. Judging by your low lvl (40) its safe to say that you were owned by some newb pkers... they get stats like 1 def and 60+ magic 40 attack and 60 str... if you run from them you will probably die... if you attack them you will probably kill them because of their 1 def... if you have a bow you will murder them.

P2P players are not better then F2P players, I have a F2P character and can beat any P2P player my lvl, when they come onto a F2P server they have zero advantage over you because they cannot use any of their P2P items.

I feel stupid having to defend runescape, i dont even play it anymore but i played it for 5ish years and it was very fun. I was in a clan for 4.5 years and it was tons of fun with them. So when i read people saying that they got to lvl 40 after 5 months when I use to make lvl 40-60 newb pkers as they are called in 3-5 days its just retarded... you obviously just dont know how to play... its like saying your only lvl 10 in WOW after a year of playing when it only takes 2 months of casual to reach lvl 60.

I beta tested WOW and from playing WOW i did not see a single thing other then graphics that was done better...

-PKing, dead in WOW, no one pk's anymore. WOW has battlegrounds but runescape has fightpits, castle wars and many other lossless pvp options for people who dont want to lose their items. Aswell as the regular full pk/item lose areas.

-Quests: WOW has no story line quests, just courier and kill x missions.

-Crafting/player enomony: WOW crafting is a joke you cannot be a fulltime crafter and expect to be powerfull in the game. and there is no economy to speak of in WOW.

-Clan/grouping: WOW has a clan system, runescape doesn't. However you will find that runescapes clans are much bigger, more organized and more political then WOW's even though WOW is a bigger game. In runescape its not uncommon for clans to bring 150+ each to clan wars. IMO clan systems like WOW ruin what makes the clan community great. Appart from when WOW first launch i have not heard of any clanwars (not that they would mean anything in WOW because there is no death penalty.

There is just alot more things to do in runescape, you could probably spend months just doing the story quests everyday allday. Not to mention they add new quests every month.

PKing- Gee I dunno, go on one of the many PvP Servers and see how many people still PK?  In Wow, there's TONS of people that do world PvP every day, aside from the battlegrounds which make PvP more fun because of the objectives. 

Quests- No story line quests?  Have you ever heard of a 'quest chain?'  About half of the quests are those.  And as you rise through the levels, the more quest chains there are.  You're just saying complete bullshit.  The beta is just a beta, man.  If you want to see the game, why don't you try it when it's done.

Crafting- Why would you want to be a full time crafter?  Besides, to get to the higher level crafting stuff, you have to be a higher level so you can get to the zones that have the stuff you need to craft.  It's balanced that way.  Also, two words. Auction House.

Guilds- Play the game please.  You have no f*cking idea what you're talking about anymore.  And by play, I mean get past level 10.

k thx bai

Ok about the gurlfrend bit... lol... i get heaps.. sometimes at one time. and yea i have reasonably long relationships. Actually i dont play anymore i just defend the game from retards who dis it. Thanks everybody for being sensable. Ps. im actully 12... Not 11. Not joking btw
    ok 3 hours with a hooker is not a long relationship. everyone knows anyone who posts here whos under 21 and over 26 doesn't have a girlfriend or a relation ship or popularity.

this is not meant as a flame it is just a joking comment and should not be taken as offensive or directed at a single person