Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I missing something??

Kk so i bought this game a few days ago, I used to play daoc, and games like that, and so far, im really disapointed with it... I feel that I have to be missing something, I dont think the pvp is fun, and I dont like that the pve world is instanced for u, there has to be some other place or something I am not seeing, because Im just not having fun. This isnt bashing guild wars or anything, I just would like to know if u think I im missing something...

Comments

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Originally posted by MaelstromWAR

Kk so i bought this game a few days ago, I used to play daoc, and games like that, and so far, im really disapointed with it... I feel that I have to be missing something, I dont think the pvp is fun, and I dont like that the pve world is instanced for u, there has to be some other place or something I am not seeing, because Im just not having fun. This isnt bashing guild wars or anything, I just would like to know if u think I im missing something...
    Your not missing anything, you just don't like the game.  Different strokes for different folks.  It would be like saying "I tried sushi and didn't like, what am I missing?"  Nothing, your just don't like sushi.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• OuchtimeOuchtime Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Rollotamasi

Originally posted by MaelstromWAR

Your not missing anything, you just don't like the game.  Different strokes for different folks.  It would be like saying "I tried sushi and didn't like, what am I missing?"  Nothing, your just don't like sushi.Well said, i had the same with GW and SWG. However i liked FFXI and WoW instantly... got me hooked for 1.5 years. I hope i get the same vibe with WAR :)~
  • MaelstromWARMaelstromWAR Member Posts: 99
    too bad, I was hoping I would like it, well guess ill just play some other games an occasionally GW till WAR comes out.
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    To be honest i paused after a few days into playing GW and  thought "hmmm.. this is different to what i'm used to and im not too sure..." so i left it for a week. Came back thinking so many people keep saying its good, etc etc. Started playing again and thought i'd stick with this for a bit and see what happens. I aways had an inkling that there was more to the game. You see i came from a game that had aload of lvl's for all things and here, i found it was mainly skill based. I got my skills from completing quests and missions, the things i was used to hunting out were given to me in this game if the fighting kind of way. As i got further into the game, the Sorrows Furnace area became available and low and behold i had items, skill captures etc to go after. Woohoo i thought lol. I ended up with around 12 (some same item) greens from Sorrows Furnace after a few trips. Sold them all in the local town and wow i was flush! This enabled me to go on to buy the items and continue to collect craft items for my 15k armour. The feelings i had at this point were, wow im glad i didnt quit when i thought i should. I continued on and mapped out several different areas with unique scenery, sounds and monsters. I "ascended" and found myself with new titan quests to do, i had capped more unique elite skills, which in turn made me a better fighter in PvE and PvP. I went on to complete Prophecies and obtain Fissue of Woe armour after more hard work. I fully enjoyed the "Prophecies" story line and was happy i wasnt one of the many people who payed to get run to new places. I soaked up the atmosphere and landscape at every opportunity. Luckly at that point Factions came and the same thing happened there and now in Nightfall too. I paid for extra characters because i couldnt get enough too. The days of looking back and thinking "I'm not sure if this game has any hold or interest for me" have gone. I fully enjoy starting a new PvE character and playing a class out into a land where you couldnt pick them before. I fully enjoy participating in Hall of Hero and Team Arena island, and I fully enjoy the events the game has on a frequent basis. Now i had titles to work on and more Elites to cap. To sum up there's plenty here to do, to keep you occupied all you have to do is stick with it and things will materialise.

• MaelstromWARMaelstromWAR Member Posts: 99
    Thanks for taking the time to write that out, and even care that someone plays or not, ill give it another shot =)
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    I would think that Factions can be a bit of a daughting step into the GW world. It can be quite tough going at the start of the mainland, with some quests seemly repetitive. I dunno if you have broken out down into Luxon or Kurzick terriority yet? but you got 2 unique areas right there each with individual storylines. Not to mention the Elite missions each of the Capitals respectively. They can be quite challenging and offer unique drops Zodiac's and greens. Towns in these areas also offer mini pvp games and more expensive different looking armour to aim for. The elite caps for skills you can find further down also provide some fun in messing with skills for Alliance Battles and PvP fights in general. If you havent got Propechies yet i'd recommend trying that before buying Nightfall if you decide to go so far, alot of in game dialogue/jokes in Factions and Nightfall relate to the Propechies story. Anyways, im glad you decided to give it another shot and hope you find some fun down the road in the game!