Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi, My name is John and i'm a WoW Addict...

I used to lead a wonderful life.. i had time to spend with friends, family and would gladly do overtime at work. In March of 2005 a friend bought WoW and played for about 10 days. He realized that the game was not for him so i told him " Let me have a shot at it ". God was that a mistake.

A full year later... I'm lead Priest raiding 5 nights a week and PVP'ing on Sundays... I am part of "The" raiding guild on my server... first to down Ragnaros, First to down Nefarion and we even opened the Gates of AQ. All of the places mentions above are well on farming status and i am going insane. i am 5 piece tier 2 and 3 piece tier 1 with benediction .

At that point i realized that the game had nothing left for me... i remember a discussion that made me realize i had to quit..:

(This occurs just after the roster has been posted for next week's raids)

Me:  Hey "insert name here" can you do me a favor?

Priest2: Sure...

Me: I see that you are off on Monday, can you take my shift? i need to attend something in RL

Priest2: Ouch... I'm pretty booked too.. its my only night that i aint on Schedule...

Me: I know.. i saw that but figured I'd try.. how about i take your Friday...

Priest2: That works.. consider it done...

I shit you not... that was word for word what happened... I wasn't there that Friday.. It was a job not a game...

Left WoW... tried a few other games promising myself i would not be a "Hardcore gamer" again...

1 year later... this morning actually.. after being pissed off at other mmo's ( i won't name.. no need to turn this into flames...  ) i grabbed BC since i heard the end game was 5 man / 25 man... i figured how bad can it be.... Moved my Char to Shadow Council ( my Old guild was still around but some were pretty pissed that i left... )

So yea.. I'm almost level 61... hooked as ever! and looking for a good guild on Shadow Council.. 

Cheers!

P.S. damn you Blizzard for your addicting game...

Comments

• AstronoAstrono Member Posts: 5
    That really is too bad you ended up getting Burning Crusade I quit before Burning Crusade and I will never go back just due to the fact that it's the same thing over and over.

I would much rather jump into my truck roll my window down and watch my wheels turn round. Plus with my job I don't have  the luxury to have weekends off when you work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for 6 on 3 off at the most and your back out again and on top of it all you don't know if your even going to have an interenet connection as to where your going games like WOW are of no usage to ya.
  • Pipboy2000Pipboy2000 Member Posts: 44
    Interesting, i was addicted until BC. It did a pretty good job in killing all sense of enjoyment i had in the game. Maybe its because i was a warrior and i hated leveling in first place but anyways enjoy no matter what anyone else says its a good game. Not balanced in anyways shape or form but fun none the less. have fun.
  • NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409
    If it makes you feel better, Druids are getting nerfed now.  You warriors are able to tank again.   A shame really, druids were better at tanking then a warrior, dps then a hunter (almost a rogue) and healing of a shamen.  Those buggers had it coming.

-------------------------

• darkscorpiondarkscorpion Member Posts: 89
    HI JOHN!!!!!!!!
  • HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461
    Sorry John.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• AhilesAhiles Member Posts: 414
    lol
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486
    Originally posted by Pipboy2000

Interesting, i was addicted until BC. It did a pretty good job in killing all sense of enjoyment i had in the game. Maybe its because i was a warrior and i hated leveling in first place but anyways enjoy no matter what anyone else says its a good game. Not balanced in anyways shape or form but fun none the less. have fun.
    Pretty much the same thing here. I thought BC awesome, the thing was I had played on beta and I knew everything that happened, so it wasn't really that excitng playing all again. I'm dr00d and altho it's a overboosted class (now nerfed tho) I still didn't find it fun to exp again.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Quit before BC. Won't go back. Blizzard has piss poor company policies and yet the game is so addicting. Nearly epidemic.
  • StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491
    Originally posted by Lucrecia

Quit before BC. Won't go back. Blizzard has piss poor company policies and yet the game is so addicting. Nearly epidemic.

Not sure what piss poor company policies you are talking about, I think Blizzards policies are reasonable and just like every other company in the MMORPG biz....

Anyway, I left before BC due the fact there is nothing to the game after getting decked out in gear.  I think it is a really simple, easy to play game and this is what makes it so damn addicting.  You don't have to be intelligent to play or have any gaming skill other than time to dedicate to the game.  I think 9 out 10 addicts will eventually see the light because, like I said, the game is pretty empty and shallow when compared to skill based, hardcore MMORGPs.  However, I can definatly understand why your addicted at this point, I really enjoyed the time I spent in WoW.  I wouldn't go back though...just not my type of MMORPG.

• ferofaxferofax Member Posts: 82
    wow.... that's sad. so after all that, you guys just hit dead-end? hmm... not a very nice thing to read when youre just starting out, hehe...

---------------------------------
    be a sweetheart, help me dominate the world...

• AstronoAstrono Member Posts: 5

Man there is people that feel the same way as I do then. I can't believe it that is like so cool and that is why I say that I feel that a game like Neverwinter Nights 2 is gonna be like the future game to go to after your on a burn out from World Of Warcraft I mean I don't know but I just like the aspect of like being able to log into one server and then log into a totally different server and have a totally different world lay out to walk around and on top of that totally different places where creatures will pop out at you.

I totally feel that BioWare is cutting edge of all these darn RPG games seriously if you have played wow go try out Star Wars Galaxies for the 14 days. Its the same dam thing and you basically have the same questing and talents tree scenario only thing different one is set in a space world then you have world of warcraft that is set in a mystical world setting.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Well John I guess Im happy for you. If that is what you enjoy than by all means knock yourself out. In the end I do believe it will be the same. The only thing that has changed for your end game pleasure is smaller raid groups. The boring grind for faction rep and gear are still going strong. On the bright side leveling from 60-70 should be a very enjoyable experience since this is where WoW really shines. Enjoy!
  • mrdoublerrmrdoublerr Member Posts: 269

hmmm yea ok wow is like swg..., just for one the targreting sysem is completely different.

and john good for you, wow is a great game.

and those ppl saying wow is like a drug that steal your money then just dont play it. i bet one day someone is gonna sue blizzard for making a game so addictive and ruinning there RL

like those overweight kids blaming Mc Donalds for making them fat lol

• elzilcho21elzilcho21 Member Posts: 47
    I got my warrior to level 70 2 weeks ago and he is located on dragonmaw. I decided to quit recently and try vanguard which I'm enjoying for the most part. New quest, early mount, good graphics, etc. Reason I left was because dragonmaw is a lost cause. Everyone on the server is a bunch of pricks. You can't get into a good guild to do raiding because every slot is filled. You can't form your own guild because if your not level 70 yet then you pretty much suck. Given there are few people like yourself who just joined up again but if you've had the game for the month that its been out then its given you suck and don't know what your doing. Friends of mine work every day from 8 AM - 5-6 pm They made it to level 70 in a 9 days not the best record but its pretty dang good for those who work regularly. Anyways my point is you should have just given in and said you would quit gaming Once you get to level 70 and theres nothing left to do then you will be in the same boat again.

• MishtalMishtal Member Posts: 45

I'm actually really looking forward to the new instances... I saw Hellfire Citadel but did not enter it yet... been busy clearing quests around the peninsula...and btw.. holy crap.. so many quests... don't get me wrong.. enjoying the content.. but it seems like every quest never ends lol.

One thing i've also noticed... Gold is really easy to make now.. or maybe i just got lucky... when i left WoW before i gave all my gold and non-bound items to friends... so i logged back in with 23s and a 6g repair bill lol... but without any help.. 2-3 quests my repairs were done and now i've got about 150 gold.

I've realised that once i hit 70 and i did all the instances... i might see that the game is the same.. but for now.. compared to anything else out there... this is premium entertainment. Definatly worth paying for IMHO.

Ok.. i gotta get back to work...

cheers all ;)

Mishtalie

Priest 61th of Shadow Council.