Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returned after a year. Which class would you play?

Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

When I stopped playing, I played an undead warlock as my main.  I really liked that class and race, and did really well in PvP.  RIght now, I rolled a blood elf warlock and at level 5, even as a new race im finding myself bored of going down that same warlock path.   Perhaps its due to the fact that I know the class very well, and to boot the blood elves have this ability to draw mana which for a lock is awesome.

I also played a shaman a bit, so I rolled a tauren shaman as an alt.  I did well in pvp and pve with a shaman.  I also played a hunter before, never did any pvp with him so I rolled an orc hunter.

Ive always been interested in playing a mage, but the one time I rolled on I sucked with him.  I couldnt quite get used to the way he played, never got past level 15 I think.  However, right now Im thinking of opting to play a blood elf mage and not returning to the warlock class for something different.  So, I guess as a warlock main player do you think I'll enjoy a mage at all?  do mages truely melt faces in pvp, or will I be better off playing a lock?

oh, one more thing.. are honor points gained in arenas and battlegrounds only (if i remember this was the case) or can you earn honor points by simply killing someone out hunting?

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Comments

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    It sounds like you already know the game pretty well, so no point in offering you new player advice. I have seen members of all classes excel in battlegrounds - I've even seen a paladin top the HK list. However the relative strengths of each class vary according to the level bracket. In my opinion shamen are the strongest class in 20-29 whilst feral druids are most powerful in 30-39.  My advice would be to find a class you like playing and feel comfortable with. If you don't enjoy mage don't play it (it's my least favourite class).

You get honour for killing enemy players wherever you find them.
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    guess not much has changed class wise then.  i'll go with the flow for now :)

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532
    I just got my Druid to 70, feral form. Was enjoying everything until I heard they decided to nerf Druids next patch. Time to reroll. Not sure what the flavor of the month is now.
  • logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Are you looking to play a new class?

If not I would suggest you stick with the Warlock and not make a blood elf warlock as theres not much of a difference. With 10 more talent points you can put together builds that werent possible before, for instance having siphon life, curse of exhaustion and conflag all in the same build = VERY NICE.

If your looking for a solid class to play I would go for a hunter. Hunters in pvp are just mean. You can drop traps in combat now, no need to feign death...and marks hunters put out some serious dps as well as having Silence shot which is just murder on casters.

If your looking for a New class to roll, DRUID.
    Great healing, solid Dps = can be very hard to kill in pvp and Im told there very fun.
    Too bad I cant stand leveling or I would make one.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Hmm I guess your right...not that I think druids are weak by any means.
    But here is the run down on druids

7% decrease in health
    9% decrease in Armor
    25% decrease in Maul damage and THREAT
    37% decrease in Mangle (Bear) damage and THREAT
    41% decrease in Swipe damage and THREAT

and the thread if anyone is interested is here
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html;jsessionid=7CB8BADF9A271648D3FDF267647DE9C0?topicId=79169079&sid=1

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532
    Originally posted by logangregor

7% decrease in health

9% decrease in Armor

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html;jsessionid=7CB8BADF9A271648D3FDF267647DE9C0?topicId=79169079&sid=1
    Ouch! That's worse than I thought.   May go Warlock. That was my first char way back when.
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486
    I play a druid myswelf and has played it since beta. Druids have been a pretty nerfed class since the start of WoW till TBC. When the new talents was announced tho Druids got a boost and was able to kill the most classes. I found out that with a feral specc I could tank really nice and solo. I wouldn't say druids were overpowered, not much compared to shamans or locks. With this nerf you mentioned they would kill the Druid class totally. They would just let them fall into their usual "I'm-nerfed-and-have-problems-with-killing-one-mob"role. Wonder why BLizzard never nerfes Shamans, they are hugely imba and they have been so since the start, sick.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by melanoma

Originally posted by logangregor

7% decrease in health

9% decrease in Armor

Ouch! That's worse than I thought.   May go Warlock. That was my first char way back when.

Right now Druids are the flavor of the month. That is of course til next patch when they lose 30% of a druids overall dps. Right now though a druids life is good. They tank better than a warrior and are equal standing with rogues. I play on a pvp server. Warlock or Mage  are two of the better classes. I play a hunter. The BC gear for a hunter sucks!
  • LahringLahring Member Posts: 1
    I have a 70 warlock, 60 rogue, 60 priest, 52 mage, 51 warrior, and 21 paladin. 

The nice thing about the warlock is that he can solo 3 or 4 normal mobs, with little downtime.  I found the mage to be boring after a while, since it's all about frostbolt

Rogue is fun to sneak around with, but it's maybe too popular a class.  Warriors are kinda weak right now, in my opinion, and when soloing are just a variation on rogues. 

Paladin is different, and the blood elf newbie zones are all undead so they are easy to level.  I found it alot different than other classes, if you're looking for that kind of thing.  Plus, I think hybrids have it easier at least up to level 30 or so.  Later on, it's easier to dps through mobs with warlocks/hunters/mages.

Priest is sort of a pain - I didn't find it much fun after a while.  You cannot slack off at all as a healer. 
  • kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105
    for a year?maybe many things changed,as we can see only a month timespan many changes occur, additional feature, characters buffs, nerfs..well, i maybe playing on the same character i left to be able to coup up easily in th game so then, try some different characters if you are already ready to stand up in the flow of the changes..,.