Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Style of Play?

lee91092lee91092 Member Posts: 39

I was just wondering how you guys play? Did you go up to level 6 or 7 in pre-searing, or did you leave as quick as you could and then speed through the missions, or slowly go through the missions and do side quests?

I went quickly through pre-searing and then did a few side quests but mostly missions.

Comments

• Teh_chumpTeh_chump Member Posts: 38
    Well, i really usually get out of pre-searing at level 5 or 6 and then i do Missions as well as some side-quests, but mostly those with good rewards.
  • SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

Been a while since I was in Pre-Searing, but I would usually take every quest I could get there (get you to level 7 or 8 with some hunting thrown in) and then do quests with missions thrown in after pre-searing.

Some quests in Prophecies reward with skills, which is why I recommend Prophecies for anyone starting new in this game. Skills get expensive very quickly if you have to buy them (which you do in Factions and Nightfall).

• seabluesseablues Member Posts: 58
    First time thru i think I left pre at lvl 8.  i did all the quests and missions.  Eversince I just do missions and skill quests in prophs, and missions and primaries in the others.  The exceptions are the one with unique items, ie, the -50 offhand and the Banana scythe quests.
  • VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Very first time I got out of pre-Searing, I was a level 3 R/W. That hurt a lot.

I think my 4th time through, I left as a level 9 N/Me. I was getting bored so I left. Things died too easily.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    I'm trying to follow the storyline with all side quests. Usually I'm leaving pre-sear around level 9-11. If you follow all quests you will reach lvl20 at yak's bend.
  • GregPorterGregPorter Member Posts: 38
    I suggest a new player stays in pre until they are close to lvl 10. I have heard that Guild Wars Nightfall is the best for beginners to the game. I haven't gotten far enough into it to concur though ;)
  • AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Level 7 is usually the standard for getting out of Pre-Searing.