Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hire good mods

Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855

They're tooo oversensative..... i'm banned everyother day for posts that express my own views that arn't even insulting :S I've been banned for a week for breaking LOTRO NDA when i wasn't even in beta lol. I gotten all my info off of fansites and official websites and apparently it's breaking NDA lol.

Get posts deleted just because i don't agree with other people, apparently it's deleted for trolling? So telling someone your side of the argument is trolling? huh?

Tbh look at gametrailers.com forums, they're unmoderated and actually work better.

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Veiled_light

They're tooo oversensative..... i'm banned everyother day for posts that express my own views that arn't even insulting :S I've been banned for a week for breaking LOTRO NDA when i wasn't even in beta lol. I gotten all my info off of fansites and official websites and apparently it's breaking NDA lol.

Get posts deleted just because i don't agree with other people, apparently it's deleted for trolling? So telling someone your side of the argument is trolling? huh?

Tbh look at gametrailers.com forums, they're unmoderated and actually work better.

You don't honestly expect them to respond in your favor, do ya? Hell, they'll just ban you now for discussing your ban on the forum. Take my advice, treat this site as a pit-stop for checking the gamelist. Ignore the forums for the most part, ignore the borked hype/rating system/ definitely ignore the reviews. Scan the list to see if anythings added, maybe respond to a thread that catches your eye and then move on.

I used to say this was the best site around, used to come here posting every day. Until I realized that there really is nothing special about this site. They proclaim to care about the gaming community, but everyone who said they were in it for the advertising dollars had it right. I lost respect for this site overnight, and I don't see it returning.

In short, post what you want. If they ban you, so what? Go somewhere where the advertising you pay for isn't the qualifier of how much you can get away with.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Veiled_light

It isn't the moderator's bad side you get on.  It's the other member's bad side.  It is members of this community who report posts for violations.  The moderators just respond to their actions.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by grunty
    Originally posted by Veiled_light They're tooo oversensative..... i'm banned everyother day for posts that express my own views that arn't even insulting :S I've been banned for a week for breaking LOTRO NDA when i wasn't even in beta lol. I gotten all my info off of fansites and official websites and apparently it's breaking NDA lol.Get posts deleted just because i don't agree with other people, apparently it's deleted for trolling? So telling someone your side of the argument is trolling? huh?

It isn't the moderator's bad side you get on. It's the other member's bad side. It is members of this community who report posts for violations. The moderators just respond to their actions.

Pfft.

I got banned by some new user the other day, because I asked him if he had ever played a real RPG. He said guild wars was an easy grind, and I explained that it wasn't a grind, but an RPG. It was about the story, the progression. The online was simply for teamplay. So he got me banned for flaming.

You would think they would check things over a little more before taking action. Children really aren't the best source of the truth.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Privacy concerns prevent me from revealing the truth about your record in this thread. Suffice to say, considering it, you have done extremely well to still be posting.

Since you chose to make your issue public instead of addressing a specific grievance (if you have one) to the appropriate area, I will simply respond by saying (as you have been told repeatedly) the rules apply equally to everyone.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

This discussion has been closed.