Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet another Ex-vet thinking of coming back.

I played during the time that the Jedi village was active and also before that.  I really miss this game.  I tried playing Vanguard, but it is just bland boring and mediocre fantasy crap.  I am just wondering.   I am thinking of rerolling a new character in SWG.  So what server would be good to join and the most populated?  If there are any guilds willing to accept me that would be nice.  Please reply.

Comments

• dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383

I think the top 3 servers for population are Bria, Ahazi & Bloodfin.  Could get you in our guild on bloodfin and help you level fairly quickly if you choose that one.

What ever you choose best of luck to you.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    No, join Chilastra :P

• pjskullpjskull Member Posts: 65

I'd love to see you join Starsider...

Just a word of warning, the game is diminshed from it's glory days, but still better than any of the substitutes I've tried.

Altre Monserrat - MBH/MP
    Aaden Monserrat - Elder Jedi
    Starsider - <DFC> - Dark Force Clan

• ihatenoobs01ihatenoobs01 Member Posts: 71
    I wouldn't recommend rejoining the game to anyone who had prior experience to the game. It's empty (espcially compared to the old mo), there's 9 profs, credits are useless, pvp sucks. IMO a waste of money.

-Core 3 "Its the Pwn!"

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

Starsider is the best!

• zullzull Member Posts: 7

think bria too...

but compare to aurilia's time all servers are really empty

You just had to bring up the village, didn't ya? lol

That is one place I really miss.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

If you completly re-roll....

Go for Bria, Ahazi, Gorath, Chilastra or Intrepid.

To be honest....there are Too Many Leet talking noobs in the game these days...so if your a mature player (not talking your actual age) then remember..../ignore is your friend.

The GCW ranking system requires insane PvP to maintain your rank once you hit the Officer Rank.

PvE is even easier than it used to be.

Don't pi55 off that entertainer anymore...they have a CL of 90 at mastery badge status and can whup you in a straight up duel if you don't pvp much.

Leveling is quest xp driven....xp in groups is nerf'd...Pilot is still the same from when JTL went live...not much changed.

Housing issues and ghost towns still abound from the Patch 9 days..despite continual cries for a purge.

Take your current account (if you can find all the info you need to log in) buy a COA from a comp store (to save time for the DL of patches and get the Nifty AT-RT vehicle.)

If you want all the Purchase rewards from the expansions, you will have to buy them seperately (Bunker house and lava flea from ToOW, Veryactl from RoTW, Soor Subb yacht from JTL). And do it BEFORE you install COA's key code.

The game is still what you make of it.  There is still fun to be had if you have an open mind.

But its loot based and quest driven to max your characters template out at CL90.  Creature Grind can only get you a max of around 2k xp (with a helza buff from an Ent.) per graul or rancor.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by hipiap

If you completly re-roll....
    Go for Bria, Ahazi, Gorath, Chilastra or Intrepid.
    To be honest....there are Too Many Leet talking noobs in the game these days...so if your a mature player (not talking your actual age) then remember..../ignore is your friend.
    The GCW ranking system requires insane PvP to maintain your rank once you hit the Officer Rank.
    PvE is even easier than it used to be.
    Don't pi55 off that entertainer anymore...they have a CL of 90 at mastery badge status and can whup you in a straight up duel if you don't pvp much.
    Leveling is quest xp driven....xp in groups is nerf'd...Pilot is still the same from when JTL went live...not much changed.
    Housing issues and ghost towns still abound from the Patch 9 days..despite continual cries for a purge.
    Take your current account (if you can find all the info you need to log in) buy a COA from a comp store (to save time for the DL of patches and get the Nifty AT-RT vehicle.)
    If you want all the Purchase rewards from the expansions, you will have to buy them seperately (Bunker house and lava flea from ToOW, Veryactl from RoTW, Soor Subb yacht from JTL). And do it BEFORE you install COA's key code.
    The game is still what you make of it.  There is still fun to be had if you have an open mind.
    But its loot based and quest driven to max your characters template out at CL90.  Creature Grind can only get you a max of around 2k xp (with a helza buff from an Ent.) per graul or rancor.
    Well, I figured out that I could use a Respec NPC and I am now playing my CL80 character.  He is on Bloodfin.  I have most of the rewards from the expansions except the AT-RT.  I can't find anyone to group with or I just don't know where everybody goes to level.  I want to get my guy up to CL90.  My guild...nobody comes online that much.  Anyone on Bloodfin want to group up?  lol.  I am Imperial.

We have players on Bloodfin who post here:

boards.stratics.com/php-bin/swg/ubbthreads.php

• BeeryBeery Member Posts: 184
    In terms of playability and consistency the game is really a lot better than it has been at any time in the past: now the game seems like a coherent whole whereas before it always seemed a bit like a bunch of unconnected game features thrown into a pot and mixed together.  In terms of content it's still way below the pre-NGE days.  But for some reason the fun factor has come back to the game.  Even six months ago I would not have recommended it, but now it's like a different game - I definitely recommend people give it another chance.  But make sure you join a more populated server, as the less populated ones are very empty.  I think Bria is still the most heavily populated server.
  • dwynnelldwynnell Member Posts: 2
    Having been a pre-cu pre-nge and post-nge player - yeah I really stuck with this game I would say that it WAS a great game and I'm not one of those people who are bitter that they had to grind Jedi and post-nge could just pick it as a prof.... I left this game because of the sudden surge of players that I can only describe as spoilers...

A cadre of (IMHO) immature players (young doesn't equate immature btw) filling up the worlds and camping xp areas, pvp areas (killing people when they are loading)  as well as buying characters and totally abusing the privilage of playing at level 90... something that's earned rather than bought on e-bay....

I left the game as it moved more and more towards pvp, something that doesn't hold a great deal of interest (or challenge tbh) for me. Being forced to get my rank back up to imperial colonel by pvp activities only (yeah there is the corvette but they reduced the reward for that) was too much misery for me to contemplate. I mean, having some jerk abusing you via tells because you killed them and their little camping friends when they tried to ambush you really tells me that these are people I wouldn't associate in RL and thus not want to play with online.

I think Sony really took the game in the wrong direction... making the appeal towards exactly the kind of player that made me leave.... in the end (and very tragically) SWG will just be full of these lame ppl... Yes... that's right, in the new chapter of Star Wars (the one you write yourself) people say "LOL newb f**kin newb lol ownd ownd pwnd" - and as I clearly don't recall such witty and mood enhancing dialogue in the orginal movies/books/galaxy I'm at a loss to find any kind of fun here.  It does seem strange to me that Sony would wish to appeal to players with (statistically speaking) the least amount of disposable income... but who am I (just a advertising exec earning £140K each year) to dispute Sony's logic.

There are players like that in every game, not just SWG and they've been there since day one.

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829
    I'll chime.

The game is not the NGE of 2005, it has been slowly redone, and is now completely different in terms of combat system from pre-cu, cu, and the original NGE. The classes are different, combat is different, crafting is (a little) different, buffs are different, it's all different, with a little pre-cu sprinkle added every patch. It's not good, it's not bad, but if you completed all content before you left last time, there is nothing left to do unless you have a very creative guild.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

Well, if you need to be spoonfed content then you can wait til Chapter 6 which will be on TC soon.
  • RipperLordRipperLord Member Posts: 58
    Come to Sunrunner LoL! Its da bomb!