Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chapter 5 Tonight!

ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
Chapter 5 is going Live tonight :)  Notes can be found here, http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/preList.m?topic_id=256381&post_id=2925226

Comments

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910
    Woot!

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• superdarthsuperdarth Member UncommonPosts: 25

Meh..its not that great tbh and wont realy help traders and ents much..

They have finally dug up some small part of their senses though by bringing camps back. (No those arnt new features.)

• raymerjacqueraymerjacque Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by superdarth

They have finally dug up some small part of their senses though by bringing camps back. (No those arnt new features.)

depends on if you played pre nge or not, to many camps are a new feature.

build a buff is awsome, as well as combat for ent / traders. entertainers got the better deal out of the patch, i am sure traders will be buffed up in chapter 6. i know chapter 6 will concerntrate on more content for each class, which will probly be more schematics etc ...

don't be so negative ...

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by superdarth

Posted this on the Official forums, but I'll repost it here:

• Armour is made best by crafters.  Pre-chapter 5 this was also true, but some people opted for stated looted armour and sacraficed the extra resists of crafted armour.  With Chapter 5 this is no longer the case, you can have the best of both by just getting crafted armour.
    • Pre-Chapter 5, the only clothing combatants really used was looted stuff.  With Chapter 5, using crafted clothing not only allows you to choose what mods you want in your clothing, but you also look a hell of alot better then sticking to looted clothing which generally comes in some really nasty colours SMILEY:|
    • High quality food and drinks were under a monopoly by those who had stockpiled huge amounts of BE additives pre-nge.  If you were a Chef without these, you really had very little chance of competing.  Food/Drink is somewhat appealing to combatants because they use their own buff slot, so will stack with all profession and loot/reward buffs.  It would be nice to see a larger variety of buffs given out by foods though, rather then just different combinations of the 6 main stats.  There's also the new HoT stims.
    • Camps are going to be fairly big sellers due to their rather useful features. 
    • Before, combat droids while not completely useless, were not overly beneficial.  Chapter 5 increases the level of crafted droids to level 60 (depending on resources used) and also includes two new combat styled droids.
    • Weaponsmith is a little controversal.  Combining some of the new RE mods onto the crafted Mustafar weapons (not to be confused with the cube crafted ones) has the potential to produce better stats then any of the loot/reward varieties.  Time will tell if this takes off or not though.

As for camps, yes SWG has had camps before, but nothing like these ones.  With these camps, you can shuttle directly to them, clone to them, set up faction recruites in them and a few other things.

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

As I tried pointing out to the refuge camp (with no success), bringing back the best of the old while adapting and enhancing it for the current game is the best chance SWG has at getting back to where it belongs. While it has a long way to go, I'd say that so far this is a step in the right direction.