Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rapid Reality ... is dead ... and I'm there to kick the dead corpse

Comments

• flagg24flagg24 Member Posts: 11

Spangus,

Keep that blog running, please!

CG,

Left some "feedback" for ya on the blog Spangus mentioned.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Flagg:

Left a response, brought to you by Carl's Jr.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• SpangusSpangus Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by flagg24

Spangus,

Keep that blog running, please!

CG,
    Left some "feedback" for ya on the blog Spangus mentioned.

New post today
    I'm done on that blog.  Tried to help, got nowhere.  Rot in hades. :-)

- CaesarsGhost

"When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• MoLoK_MoLoK_ Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

I'm done on that blog.  Tried to help, got nowhere.  Rot in hades. :-)

You know what? I think you are done developing games also.

No, I'm just done playing the role of a nice community manager.

I'm very much so in development of a Title right now.  And with the people already on the project, it was decided to treat people the way they treat us, and not be little puppets to be strung up.

- CaesarsGhost

• drunkfatjewdrunkfatjew Member Posts: 12

I'm very much so in development of a Title right now.  And with the people already on the project, it was decided to treat people the way they treat us, and not be little puppets to be strung up.
    LOL!  So after all this insanity and ultimately you losing your job, you learned absolutely nothing.  You somehow managed to walk away from all this..... learning nothing.  Kudos to you.  Every waiter/waitress, customer service rep, etc... knows that no matter how much of a beotch someone is, you keep on smiling. But you've figured out a better way eh? 

Here is what I think.  If you were such a good CM and really cared about the company and the community, you wouldn't have been fired.  No matter how much you dig your head into the sand and recreate the events of why you got fired, I assure you RR had several very good reasons.  I would have fired you months and months ago based on just what I observed.  All you did for a year was sow seeds of discontent, angered the already angry and piss on the face of your loyal fans.  You got what you earned.

I can only hope that your partners in your new venture have the intelligence to see that allowing you interact with your new community is a serious threat to the success of your new venture.

As to allowing this forum to continue, I say keep it as a reminder of RR, CG and pre-ordering. 

(PS  Damn right, used the words "Sow seeds of discontent" - how often you get to do that in a lifetime!)

Let me guess... you and that other guy who got kicked and Brando have started a new project. A new and revolutionary MMO!

Well, you will never succeed if you keep telling people to f*** off. Or have you picked up the old idea of Hip-Hop Legends again? If so, then it might go with the rp.

Originally posted by drunkfatjew LOL!  So after all this insanity and ultimately you losing your job, you learned absolutely nothing.  You somehow managed to walk away from all this..... learning nothing.  Kudos to you.  Every waiter/waitress, customer service rep, etc... knows that no matter how much of a beotch someone is, you keep on smiling. But you've figured out a better way eh? 

Here is what I think.  If you were such a good CM and really cared about the company and the community, you wouldn't have been fired.  No matter how much you dig your head into the sand and recreate the events of why you got fired, I assure you RR had several very good reasons.  I would have fired you months and months ago based on just what I observed.  All you did for a year was sow seeds of discontent, angered the already angry and piss on the face of your loyal fans.  You got what you earned.

I can only hope that your partners in your new venture have the intelligence to see that allowing you interact with your new community is a serious threat to the success of your new venture.

As to allowing this forum to continue, I say keep it as a reminder of RR, CG and pre-ordering. 

(PS  Damn right, used the words "Sow seeds of discontent" - how often you get to do that in a lifetime!)

I'll tell you what I learned:

Most gamers who post on Forums think they can do better then the Developers at any given task.

My biggest problem with this is that they never actually DO.  They sit on their hands and say "Yeah!  You suck!  I can do better!" and then go play somebody else's game.  They're nothing but users...

What I learned is that if I want it done the way I want, I have to do it myself.  So unlike most average gamer who posts on Forums, I went and found money, and people, and wrote up a design Doc.

Does that make me better?  I think so... it means I want to "sow the seeds of change", instead of waiting around for somebody else to do it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is:

If you think you can do better, get off your ass and make the attempt.  Otherwise: sit down, shut up, and stay out of the way of people who want to.

In addition: What have you done to better the situation?

- CaesarsGhost

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410
    if you happen to need any constructive feedback hit me up

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

Originally posted by drunkfatjew LOL!  So after all this insanity and ultimately you losing your job, you learned absolutely nothing.  You somehow managed to walk away from all this..... learning nothing.  Kudos to you.  Every waiter/waitress, customer service rep, etc... knows that no matter how much of a beotch someone is, you keep on smiling. But you've figured out a better way eh? 

Most gamers who post on Forums think they can do better then the Developers at any given task.

My biggest problem with this is that they never actually DO.  They sit on their hands and say "Yeah!  You suck!  I can do better!" and then go play somebody else's game.  They're nothing but users...

What I learned is that if I want it done the way I want, I have to do it myself.  So unlike most average gamer who posts on Forums, I went and found money, and people, and wrote up a design Doc.

Does that make me better?  I think so... it means I want to "sow the seeds of change", instead of waiting around for somebody else to do it.

If you think you can do better, get off your ass and make the attempt.  Otherwise: sit down, shut up, and stay out of the way of people who want to.

In addition: What have you done to better the situation? My point exactly.  You remain condescending and rude to the end.  Your market place is the average gamer.  And what is your advice to those gamers "Go play someone else's game".  HAHAHAHA .  You truly make my point far better than I could have myself.

You know what I did?  I gave your ex-company my hard earned money for a promise.  Money I could have used to pay bills or buy food.  For a promise that was ultimately a lie.  And when I asked for the barest of information I have people like you continuing to deceive and treating me like I was doing something wrong for asking "what are you doing with my money".  I put my money where my mouth was, and you dare ask me what I've done? 

For the sake of your monetary backers and partners in this new scheme (and I use that word on purpose), I hope they realize your fundamental flaws and keep you out of the community.  History has a way of repeating itself. 

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

My biggest problem with this is that they never actually DO. They sit on their hands and say "Yeah! You suck! I can do better!" and then go play somebody else's game. They're nothing but users...

What I learned is that if I want it done the way I want, I have to do it myself. So unlike most average gamer who posts on Forums, I went and found money, and people, and wrote up a design Doc.

Does that make me better? I think so... it means I want to "sow the seeds of change", instead of waiting around for somebody else to do it.

If you think you can do better, get off your ass and make the attempt. Otherwise: sit down, shut up, and stay out of the way of people who want to.

In addition: What have you done to better the situation?

are you saying gamers should come up with a better scam? there are much better scams in the world..

anyway, what experience or education do you have in the field other than practicing sarcasm and spitting off your pedestal on a never-was, very minor indie game that never even made it to an opening beta phase? and now they dropped all their games entirly to try to rake out a few extra bucks on a game that was developed 8 years ago and didn't exactly blow away the market then..
    i mean, thats impressive, dont get me wrong, but just wondering what else you have.
    player worlds?

not everyone who plays this genre wants to make their own deloria fyi. alot of us have *gasp* other interests and careeer goals other than kissing up nonstop until your nose is so brown they give you a mimimum wage job monitoring the 13 fans on the forums...

Originally posted by drunkfatjew My point exactly.  You remain condescending and rude to the end.  Your market place is the average gamer.  And what is your advice to those gamers "Go play someone else's game".  HAHAHAHA .  You truly make my point far better than I could have myself.

Actually, I said that you'll go play somebody elses game.  I hope you do, I hope it makes you happy.

And the end was awhile ago, I was pretty good after it.  Now I'm just being a jackass back to people being mean to me... can you take it?

Here's a question:

When you read my posts are you still reading them like they're in some sort of official capacity?  Or are you reading them as they are intended, just another gamer on these Forums?

My posts won't make sense to you if you're thinking 1 way... because my guess is that you're here looking for a way to bash RR and call me unprofessional more.  When I have nothing to be professional for now.  Whereas I'm here to be a regular gamer, and really get alot of fight I've held back for a year out of system.  Feels pretty good to be honest... I always thought you were pretty rude to even other gamers on Forums, now I can actually call you a jackass.  Feels good... feels good in deed.

And Fulmanfu, man we used to be friends.  We played EVE together, remember? 

- CaesarsGhost

And Fulmanfu, man we used to be friends. We played EVE together, remember?

i never played eve. ever.
    i did hang out on irc a little, and was around at the beginning of mmocenter, even 'played' in a couple very early alpha builds but not under this name. but i know you must be thinking of something else because im not a 'man'.

this is the only place i have ever used this name or anything similiar to it, don't go by my normal name here because..well reasons are obvious, sometimes i don't like to be PC.

but anyway, on one hand i sort of see where you are coming from but on the other, much larger hand i don't. you are not just another gamer. once you sold your soul to the devilchild and conspired to steal peoples money, that went out the window. unfortunatly one of those people was me(and yes you sent my money back, twice actually..if its because you thought you knew me, then score one for me).

you get held up by a group of people, are you going to like the funny little guy who didn't actualy hold the gun to your head but watched, made snide remards, and helped spend the money ?

Originally posted by fulmanfu
    but anyway, on one hand i sort of see where you are coming from but on the other, much larger hand i don't. you are not just another gamer. once you sold your soul to the devilchild and conspired to steal peoples money, that went out the window. unfortunatly one of those people was me(and yes you sent my money back, twice actually..if its because you thought you knew me, then score one for me).
    I don't recall any "conspiring"... I'm waiting for refunding too.  And just to be honest, I refunded twice on accident,  I appreciated you sent 1 back.

So if I sold my soul is there some way to repent?  What's the procedure there?  Does it involve animal sacrifice or something?

...I kinda feel like my soul was lost in trying to play Vanguard...  or when I let somebody talk me into evaluating Unreal for my company ...

- CaesarsGhost

Here's a question:

When you read my posts are you still reading them like they're in some sort of official capacity?  Or are you reading them as they are intended, just another gamer on these Forums?

My posts won't make sense to you if you're thinking 1 way... because my guess is that you're here looking for a way to bash RR and call me unprofessional more.  When I have nothing to be professional for now.  Whereas I'm here to be a regular gamer, and really get alot of fight I've held back for a year out of system.  Feels pretty good to be honest... I always thought you were pretty rude to even other gamers on Forums, now I can actually call you a jackass.  Feels good... feels good in deed.

I can take what you got CG.  No worries about that.

Poor poor CG, people won't forget how he treated everyone for the past year.  Take a look at the vast majority of the posts big guy, you ain't much liked.  Like I said, history has a way of coming full circle.  Now its your turn.  Can you take it? 

/yawn

You bore me.  Off with you. 
    I can take it.  Whatchu got willis?

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

- CaesarsGhost

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by drunkfatjew

When I have nothing to be professional for now. 

Not exactly the most cinfidence inspiring comment from somebody supposedly now developing a game.
    If you had to choose between

A) Real Developers who tell it like it is but lack the professionalism on the Forums

or

B) Developers who sugarcoat everything and are professional on the Forums but don't convey all the messages.

Which would you choose?

As a gamer, I choose A.  As a Business owner, I decided to go with that decision as well.  If you want Mega Professional, then there's no reason to have Forums in general, just news postings... or if you do, there's no reason to not have 1 person on them and nobody else from the company.

I, personally, enjoyed when I was waiting for projects when tons of Devs cared about the Community and posted.  Sometimes they were far less then professional... to me that made them seem more "real".  Sure, people bitched and complained about it when they said something they didn't like, then they complained about professionalism to attack from any angle.  But to be honest, it's a weak argument from a group of people who, just the day before, were complaining that the Developers not posting anything.

If you're going to be professional, do it in your work.  Every extra moment I have to spend revising a post on a Forum or reading over a line of chat before hitting "enter" is another moment I could've spent on another game feature or bug fix... or QAing more.

- CaesarsGhost

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200
    Hey CG......Can I ask you a few questions in private?   My questions are unrelated to RR or this post.   Im not sure how to get ahold of yah but if you know how to get ahold of me through this website that would be great.  If not, you can send me your email at [email protected]  Thanks!

p.s. I cant believe you won another contest you prick :)
    Sure thing, sent you a message.

PS: It's all in the luck.  I really had my fingers crossed for the vid card though. ;-)

- CaesarsGhost

If you had to choose betweenA) Real Developers who tell it like it is but lack the professionalism on the Forums
    or
    B) Developers who sugarcoat everything and are professional on the Forums but don't convey all the messages.

haha priceless. just like the mmo current game lineup, pick which you think sucks less.
    /sigh
    when did we start settling for 'what sucks less' to spend our money on.

way to shoot for the stars there cg.
    someday a company will come shooting to the forefront with an insane, radical idea of...being nice to the people they want money from.

it's not a matter of nice or not... it's a matter of truth.

I recall the first game I really did the whole Forum thing with even partially... it was Diablo 2.

I recall a thread where a guy asked for it to be possible to have sex and get STDs from it, and a Dev said that was an interesting idea and they'd investigate it.

. . .

See, that right there?  Does that even fit in with Diablo 2's game?  Even remotely?  But a potential customer said it, so it was "worth investigating" said the Dev who debates suicide from it's stupidity.  But that thread was replied to amidst requests for "needing rest and food" and "day night cycles", which were both understandable and even fit the gameplay partially... but went without responses.

I guess my question really comes down to this: (I'd just like opinions)

Where do you draw the line?  When do you look at a suggestion that just isn't possible and say "Sorry, that's not possible." to the "customer"?

Do you ever?  Does that kind of honesty get frowned upon so poorly that you'd rather disillusion your (possible) fanbase from reality to a point of no return? (take my word for it... the backlash is worse... just trust me)

I don't know... I'd rather be told "No."... have you ever seen a Dev do that though?  Hand it to you straight?

...sounds almost dangerous...  It's such a stupid idea it might even work.

- CaesarsGhost

I don't know... I'd rather be told "No."... have you ever seen a Dev do that though?  Hand it to you straight?

Yes I know of several such devs. Its nothing new. I even told you about it over a year ago. Gave you like a tip on how you could be towards your fanbase. You didnt give a shit then. This is nothing new.

• pyros98pyros98 Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by fulmanfu
    I don't recall any "conspiring"... I'm waiting for refunding too.  And just to be honest, I refunded twice on accident,  I appreciated you sent 1 back.

So if I sold my soul is there some way to repent?  What's the procedure there?  Does it involve animal sacrifice or something?

...I kinda feel like my soul was lost in trying to play Vanguard...  or when I let somebody talk me into evaluating Unreal for my company ...

Bah...hate that you can't cut and paste what you're replying to now.  But anyway, I was gonna keep silent...but thought I'd offer my advise free to ya CG, do with it what you will.

In the view of most all the original RR followers, you have no integrity.  You did what you were told, because the boss men told ya to...even though it wasn't true and you always flavored it with alot of spin.  Most of us don't trust any word you say because of that...you will say whatever suits you if it means money to you.  And trust is hard to earn back, thus your way to redemption is to give us a reason to trust you again.  If you continue with your attitude...you'll get no where with your new production because someone will always have this RR fiasco over your head and these forums to reference back to (at least until MMORPG decides to delete them).

And to your later post about what type of communication we want?  The same type that myself (Ruulex on the RR forums) and most every other person there wanted and gave suggestions for...the truth with no spin.