Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Completely unplayable for Australians

If you are an Australian, don't waste your money unless you enjoy extreme frustration. I'm using iinet's fastest connection, sitting right on top of an exchange with an iinet DSLAM, meaning I get screaming internet connection speeds for most things, national and international.

For dreamlords however, each and every action you take in the browser takes a minimum of 30 seconds to achieve. So on a good day, you want to move a unit 4 squares, that's two minutes. You want to go into the army and tech screens and back (and not even do anything) then that's another two minutes right there.

The game is frankly unplayable in this state - I have tested under the latest Firefox and IE, running a clean connection, nothing at all else interfering.

Now I am assuming this is because of my geographical location, hence the post. If not, and it is really that poorly executed, then I am totally shocked it could be released in that state.

Comments

• GraljGralj Member Posts: 18
    I am sure this is being worked on, though it got to be horrible to play with those loading times. I'm having a blast playing Dreamlords, but I don't have those tremendously long loading times you are experienceing.

Best regards,
    Gralj

• The other australians (one of the mods for example) doesn't have any problems so are you sure that it's not just something on your end?
  • personally i believe they should have just built on in with the client as well as being able to use an internet client... mainly because of these lag issues.