Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question

earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247

Do I need to play through Factions to make a character in Nightfall? I love the concept of GW, but I onlyhave one toon (Ass/Nec 13), and I really like the NF characters. Thanks.

Comments

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
    Not sure if I hear ya right but if you want to make a class from NF then you would need the Nightfall box ( or digital download) and you can't access NF from Factions if you do not have NF installed. Actually to go from Prophecies ,Factions and Nightfall,to visit each from one,you would need the other installed. Hope I said that right

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247
    Thanks for the response. Do I need to play through Factions to make a Nightfall character?
  • AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by earthhawk
    Thanks for the response. Do I need to play through Factions to make a Nightfall character?
    No.

• Teh_chumpTeh_chump Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by earthhawk

The only thing you need is the Nightfall campaign.
  • SpathisSpathis Member Posts: 79

I've got a question,

I've got a Proph char, say when i finished Proph and go to Cathan does the the Story start from the start or do I have to make a new char for the Factions campain to get the story?

Currently Playing: Metal Gear Online, Call of Duty 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Oblivion. (Taking a break from MMO's)

• Teh_chumpTeh_chump Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Spathis

I've got a question,
    I've got a Proph char, say when i finished Proph and go to Cathan does the the Story start from the start or do I have to make a new char for the Factions campain to get the story?
    No you just have to travel there from Lions arch.
  • SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    All campaigns are stand-alone though they do share a common time line (among other things).

Which means you pick up with the storyline of a campaign with a "foreign" character after "natives" have already gone through a couple of missions. Don't worry, you can undertake said missions if you want to get the Protector title, or for the sake of cinematics and what not. However, you get a quest to unlock travel to another campaign, and the NPC you need to talk to briefs you about the situation.

So no, there is no need to complete a specific campaign in order to start another one. All you need is the game key to access the chapter. Note though, that, in order to allow your current characters to travel abroad, you will need to tie your new key to your existing account. Follow the instructions on the log-in screen under "I have a new key".