Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Number of Ports Captured

The FAQ's states: If one nation conquers too many ports, we declare a victory on that server, treaties are signed, awards are given and ownership of the ports reverts, signaling a new round of competition.

How many is too many? And would large guilds or alliances be able to dominate? Would griefing in the form of opposite sides "port-swapping" occur, along the lines of FS trials nightmare in SWG?

/discuss

Comments

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450

I don't think it will be too bad. Thankfully, there are more than just two factions and hopefully there will be a good balance. As for the ports, there are dozens and dozens.

However, FLS is doing an awesome job at not letting any information at all get out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• dinanm3atldinanm3atl Member Posts: 215
    I still cannot wait!

I don't even care. I will be sided with England/Pirate because the English control the seas ;)

Old Skool Ultima Online Junky
    Bring back the OLD UO so I can play again

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I know they are continuing to hold to their 'a nation can take over the whole world' idea, but dont be too surprised if they end up incorporating something like (but slower paced than) Planetside's base capturing system...  In planetside, the nation with the least players online are given bonuses to make up for their low popuation, thus encouraging players to switch to the low populated nations and giving the weaker nations the advantage they need to hold at least a few decent ports. 

PotBS isnt planned to be like this, but when push comes to shove I think they might decide to give bonuses to weaker nations just to keep the game interesting for all players even those of weaker nations.  We'll have to see what happens   It also depends on how important holding ports is for a nation...  If a player (whether adventurer or crafter) can still enjoy the game to an almost near full extent while their nation has very few ports left, then the current system will work nicely, but it will also damage the importance of port capturing.  The balance could be difficult to achieve, especially to everyones likely, but I am still anticipating the game with excitement   And I am confident and pleased with the PotBS devs beyond any other upcoming mmorpg in the past.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• isildurisildur Lead Designer, PotBSMember Posts: 84
    It's a bit more complicated than just the number of ports.  There are many other factors that can go into a victory declaration.

We expect large guilds to drive a lot of the strategic decisions (which ports will be attacked), but the actual battles will be accessible to the guilded and non-guilded alike.