Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing it!

2»

Comments

• kashaunkashaun Member Posts: 220

It looks by the videos that it will be about the same amount of action and at around the same speed as most cued action mmorpgs, and probably about the same amount of steps to complete a fighting move. I've laddered allot more on fps games, I'm easily an mmorpg noob, and I can safely say that AoC looks in no way twitch. Actually, when someone mentioned there would be twitch combat (almost fps) I got pretty interested. I was almost disappointed when I saw the videos and realized it wasn't, but then I know that twitch combat is not preferred by the majority of mmo players.

It looks like it will take some getting used to for most players as it is so far, but I'm sure most will have their combos and general setups ready in a decent amount of time. I'm a little worried about the collision system after watching some of the videos, hopefully they work on that a bit.

Never give up and never surrender!

• JadarJadar Member Posts: 300

I'm convinced that Funcom is being generous describing the system as "Real Combat". Given a comparable level of player proficiency, combat games over the internet are won by the player with the best connection. Unlike shooters, this is a pay to play game and as such the company wont be able to retain subscribers if the internet makes some automatically inferior. The player will likely be able to choreograph the moves but the dance will be played out in a highly synchronized fashion; neither side being able to attack or defend 'faster' than the other. Calling it Real Combat gives the impression that the player will be in direct control of the avatar, in real time, I don't believe that will be the case.

• De_ValosDe_Valos Member Posts: 23

havocthefirs, Neanderthal, Shaikura:

Havocthefirs, It is apparent you are looking for a full loot server.  Age of Conan is still determining what type of alternate servers they will offer.  A full PvP server where PvP is available everywhere or one step higher, a full loot - full PvP sever has not been confirmed nor has it been ruled out.

Neanderthal, reference the above reply to Havocthefirs. I'll assume if there is not a full loot rights alternate server rule set, Age of Conan may simply not be the MMO for you.  As to "How many years do we have to keep seeing the same game made and remade, over and over again." asking for a full loot right game like UO, is well...  implementing, making , remaking the same game feature over again.

Shaikura, MMO's are a genre, and genres tend to share similar features.  Most games within the FPS genre, share the same basic fundamental features.  Similarly for the SIM's genre, RPG genre, etc.  Perhaps MMO's are no longer your cup of tea.  As to "How dare anyone post wanting something different.", I believe I read the original posters post correctly, as him asking for something that has been done before within his current favorite MMO Ultima Online... "Full PvP Loot Right."  So I don't consider that to be asking for something different.  Yes, different from what has been publicly stated as available within Age of Conan, but not different in reference to the MMO genre.

• CulliganatorCulliganator Member Posts: 8

To the OP.

Sounds like 'Darkfall' may be the game for you if and when it ever comes out.

• Sarin1Sarin1 Member Posts: 13

Ive tried to get into it,  but i cant.  I have a 'similar' point of view to the OP. 

Conans trying to do a few new things,  but they arnt 'really' new things that interest me. 

Im looking for something more 'fun' imo.