Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You just know AoC is going to ROCK now!

Comments

• VongoVongo Member Posts: 11
    If you build your pc it is much and all pc distrobuters suck. (Dell, Gateway, Emachine, etc.) All except for Falcon-Northwest of course but their computers are crazy loot. If your low on cash I built my pc on $500 and I can still play Dark Messiah on super graphics also you get a pimpin case for the computer tower and you can always change it.

What also pissed me off about computer Distros is that with like a Compaq you have to get a special harddrive to fit your rack because the rack is .5 inches too small seriously I tried to put a new Hd in a friends compaq, man was he pissed off.
  • KlaytonKlayton Member Posts: 1

Alienware is the best out there...

I recently bought a 600 dollar dell, and I can proudly play Dark Messiah with minimal amount of interupption.

That is were you tell the wimps from the manly men. Dell sux and Alienware was recently bought out by dell, and check out http://falcon-nw.com/ and prepare to get pwned with you bad knowledge of computers
  • trinityNITROtrinityNITRO Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by Vongo

That is were you tell the wimps from the manly men. Dell sux and Alienware was recently bought out by dell, and check out http://falcon-nw.com/ and prepare to get pwned with you bad knowledge of computers
    I have researched Alienware and they are looking like my best option, they rock.  I could see why you would say that Dell sux, but they are still better then most companies out there.  Dell's prices have also gone WAY down this last year, and you can get their AWESOME XPS systems for a decent price.  What do you think about Alienware and Dell?  Is Alienware considered crappy now because Dell bought them?

Okay let me say that again since you didn't seem to listen. BUILD YOUR OWN COMPUTER OR ONE OF THE COMPUTERS ON FALCON-NW.COM, BUT I WOULD RECOMEND BUILDING A COMPUTER
  • skawnskawn Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Zerocyde

Originally posted by trinityNITRO

Yeah, about upgrading your rig ... I am currently waiting for the 360 version of Conan, but I MIGHT try to save up some money by next Christmas so I can buy a brand new desktop.  Question 1:  What will I want to buy, come holiday 07, including brand names, processer speeds, amount of Ram, HD, etc.  Question 2: How much will it cost.  (please know that if I were to buy a new rig, I would want a guarantee that it could run Direct X10, and run AoC flawlessly)
    Consoles are for kids, upgrade your rig man. Toss $1200 at newegg and you can walk away with a fancy lookin full size tower with a nice intel d975 board, a dual core 2 e6700 (2.66ghz), a nice nvidia 8800 gtx and a couple gigs of 800mhz ddr2 memory. Their wont be a game in the world you cant rock at max settings. And if you got the cash, top it off with a 19 inch flatscreen widescreen monitor. (about $150) You aient seen gfx till you have seen them on a flatscreen. :P I'll take my 21 inch CRT over almost any flatscreen - it's a bitch to get upstairs tho :(
  • IAMTHEGAMEIAMTHEGAME Member Posts: 99
    I will be buying my first ever Alienware for Age of Conan, already bout my Dell 30 Inch for AoC since it was on sale.

fine fine be that way. No crap on my computer.
  • AmorphiaAmorphia Member Posts: 30
    I hope this delay is for fine tuning have been following this game for so long not sure how long I can hold out,hope they dont do a STALKER on us.
    Okay, I listened this time!  I should build my own PC.  So I will look into that and what is pulling a stalker?

So I've been out of it for a couple of weeks.  Any new reasons why AoC is going to Rock?

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    The fact that the game was projected to release last year and they are holding it out until October now is reason enough to believe they will not release the game unless it is polished.

Is this going to be the best MMO ever?  How will it differ from WOW?  Not that everything should be compared to WOW, but I haven't played any MMO's so I was just wondering how awesome it will be?

Rank: 49/100 Rank: 49/100 Rank: 49/100 Rank: 49/100 Rank: 49/100

Advanced Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ytsp5YVRHq8&mode=related&search=

Video with some pvp in game action.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Is this going to be the best MMO ever?  How will it differ from WOW?  Not that everything should be compared to WOW, but I haven't played any MMO's so I was just wondering how awesome it will be?

Best ever? that is heavily based on opinion, and how well launch day goes. Will it be the best MMO I personally will ever play out of the current options? looks like it.

How will it differ from WOW? Hmm, where to begin. real time skillbased combat, not autoattack and hotbar. indepth character customization, in terms of both looks and abilities. Formation combat, mounted combat, etc. Ranged attacks are handled in an FPS style. There are no sides, the only alliances will be the ones made by players themselves. AoC is not seamless, while in WoW you can run from one end of the continent to the other without hitting a loading screen. AoC's graphics are realistic and exceptionally detailed as opposed to a cartoon like style. Quests that actually mean something, and have you doing something other than "Kill 10 of X"

I could go on, but I think you may get the point.

If you are looking for some background to compare it to, take the quest and AI system from the single player game Oblivion, the PvP sieges of the MMO Shadowbane, and the detailed character development from the MMO Anarchy Online, slap on a real time  combat system akin to whats found in the single player game Mount & Blade, and you should have a good idea. Of course, somehow I doubt the final product could be described so crudely, but still.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

Just watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytsp5YVRHq8

Nuff said, that movie is hot.

Originally posted by Aelfinn

Best ever? that is heavily based on opinion, and how well launch day goes. Will it be the best MMO I personally will ever play out of the current options? looks like it.

How will it differ from WOW? Hmm, where to begin. real time skillbased combat, not autoattack and hotbar. indepth character customization, in terms of both looks and abilities. Formation combat, mounted combat, etc. Ranged attacks are handled in an FPS style. There are no sides, the only alliances will be the ones made by players themselves. AoC is not seamless, while in WoW you can run from one end of the continent to the other without hitting a loading screen. AoC's graphics are realistic and exceptionally detailed as opposed to a cartoon like style. Quests that actually mean something, and have you doing something other than "Kill 10 of X"

I could go on, but I think you may get the point.

If you are looking for some background to compare it to, take the quest and AI system from the single player game Oblivion, the PvP sieges of the MMO Shadowbane, and the detailed character development from the MMO Anarchy Online, slap on a real time  combat system akin to whats found in the single player game Mount & Blade, and you should have a good idea. Of course, somehow I doubt the final product could be described so crudely, but still.

WOW, this is the best response to a question ever!  Thanks for all the great info.  I'm really interested in the "real time" combat system, that just sounds so freakin awesome!  I also love the elder scrolls 4 oblivion and you compared the AI system and single player to that game, which is my second favorite game out of over 200 for the XBOX 360!

AGE OF CONAN cannot arrive soon enough!

• SickpupSickpup Member Posts: 382

Sounds like shadowbane,but replace combat engine for class system.

Get a grip,a 200v200 fps mmorpg (tokes on hooka)

• killerwigkillerwig Member UncommonPosts: 236

I have researched Alienware and they are looking like my best option, they rock.  I could see why you would say that Dell sux, but they are still better then most companies out there.  Dell's prices have also gone WAY down this last year, and you can get their AWESOME XPS systems for a decent price.  What do you think about Alienware and Dell?  Is Alienware considered crappy now because Dell bought them?

You always get what you pay for. Companies like Dell and Alienware, etc have to make a profit somewhere, so they always hide cheap components within their PC setups (which can go wrong!) - and usually the motherboard in my experience of repairing people's computers that go wrong. Also their "free software additions" that are bundled in leaves a LOT to be desired. Plus with a shop-built system, you are paying someone else to build you a system to the specification that they think is a good games machine, or just choosing an "off-the-shelf" template solution for your computing needs.

If you fancy an extra hobby, learn how to build one yourself. It's not difficult; it's a bit like playing with expensive lego. If you build it yourself, you get the exact specification you want with quality components at a good price. Plus every component you buy is usually covered with a warrenty - so no sending the full system back to be repaired - just send off the component if it goes wrong (which happens sometimes).

But seriously - it's lego... I suggest newegg.com - I had good experiences with them when I was over in the States. Read the user reviews for each component before you buy.

For a full system you need:

1x cross head (phillips) screwdriver (for screws).

Tower and Power Supply Unit (PSU) - the higher wattage, the better.

Motherboard for either - Intel - or - AMD (And check manufacturer forums for how to tweak BIOS, if you don't know already).

Processor specific to your motherboard Chipset for either - Intel - or AMD (dual cores are nice)

RAM that is supported by your motherboard chipset. (usually DDR RAM) - I suggest 2GB

Graphics card that is supported by your motherboard chipset (usually PCI-Express) - NVidia - or - Radeon

Hard Drive (Western Digital are okay) - IDE (or SATA if your motherboard supports it, which it should)

Sound card (PCI) if your motherboard hasn't got one onboard.

LAN ethernet network adapter (PCI) if your motherboard hasn't got LAN onboard

CD/DVD writer (or use the ones out of your old system)

Floppy Disc Drive (or use the one out of your old system)

And of course - monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse - just use from your old system if you want to save some dollah.

Read your motherboard manual first to see what goes where, plug it all in, cross fingers, switch it on, tweak bios, install windows xp, setup internet connection etc. If your computer doesn't turn on, check the power outlet switch first. Have a friend who knows how to build computers just in case things go wrong.

Don't do this drunk, stoned, or immediately after sex.

AWESOME!  I'm thinking about upgrading my rig in October for AoC!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by killerwig

You always get what you pay for. Companies like Dell and Alienware, etc have to make a profit somewhere, so they always hide cheap components within their PC setups (which can go wrong!) - and usually the motherboard in my experience of repairing people's computers that go wrong. Also their "free software additions" that are bundled in leaves a LOT to be desired. Plus with a shop-built system, you are paying someone else to build you a system to the specification that they think is a good games machine, or just choosing an "off-the-shelf" template solution for your computing needs.

If you fancy an extra hobby, learn how to build one yourself. It's not difficult; it's a bit like playing with expensive lego. If you build it yourself, you get the exact specification you want with quality components at a good price. Plus every component you buy is usually covered with a warrenty - so no sending the full system back to be repaired - just send off the component if it goes wrong (which happens sometimes).

But seriously - it's lego... I suggest newegg.com - I had good experiences with them when I was over in the States. Read the user reviews for each component before you buy.

For a full system you need:

1x cross head (phillips) screwdriver (for screws).

Tower and Power Supply Unit (PSU) - the higher wattage, the better.

Motherboard for either - Intel - or - AMD (And check manufacturer forums for how to tweak BIOS, if you don't know already).

Processor specific to your motherboard Chipset for either - Intel - or AMD (dual cores are nice)

RAM that is supported by your motherboard chipset. (usually DDR RAM) - I suggest 2GB

Graphics card that is supported by your motherboard chipset (usually PCI-Express) - NVidia - or - Radeon

Hard Drive (Western Digital are okay) - IDE (or SATA if your motherboard supports it, which it should)

Sound card (PCI) if your motherboard hasn't got one onboard.

LAN ethernet network adapter (PCI) if your motherboard hasn't got LAN onboard

CD/DVD writer (or use the ones out of your old system)

Floppy Disc Drive (or use the one out of your old system)

And of course - monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse - just use from your old system if you want to save some dollah.

Read your motherboard manual first to see what goes where, plug it all in, cross fingers, switch it on, tweak bios, install windows xp, setup internet connection etc. If your computer doesn't turn on, check the power outlet switch first. Have a friend who knows how to build computers just in case things go wrong.

Don't do this drunk, stoned, or immediately after sex.

Just haven't quite figured out how to build my own laptop yet    So looks like I'm stuck with a manufacturer for now...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jor8888jor8888 Member Posts: 378
    movie? Vanguard had good promo Movie guess where it ends up now.  Unless I get to test it myself  everything is just viral marketing and over hyped.
    Originally posted by jor8888

movie? Vanguard had good promo Movie guess where it ends up now.  Unless I get to test it myself  everything is just viral marketing and over hyped.

Brad McQuaid also went to fan sites to hype up his game and then about two months before the January launch they announced that they had to release the game far too early because 35 million dollars wasn't enough for them anymore and they are out of funding. You can't always expect to test everything before you buy it but it deffanitely helps with choosing if it is for you or not. You could look at it like a console game. You pay 49.99 for it and you get to play it for a month, or play a console game and beat it in two weeks after paying 49.99 for that as well.

What it sounds like you need to do is separate hype and hate talk and only read what the devs themselves have stated, or watch the videos the devs themselves have released. Also, Vanguard has found it's niche with it's 100k players it has now, I wouldn't expect them to gain or lose many more for some period of time.

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

AVADIRECT.com

That's a great website to build a computer through. Unlike Alienware they don't have a markup. They buy all their parts from wholesalers, and then sell them to you retail so you basically pay them what you'd pay if you built it yourself. I just got my new computer through them and it is a beast.

Hope this helps.

Newegg is a good site as well.