Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are they going to add...

... HD textures to release client like they did with DDO?

I love the graphics at this point, but there is a blurry texture here and there.

Anyway, I think Turbine finally did it

Comments

• elzilcho21elzilcho21 Member Posts: 47
    Well it is still in Beta, but yes I think Turbine finally did do something that will be succesful and very succesful those who had doubts will have to try it and there will be people who disagree with what they've done but they have done everything int he best of there ability so far to get the game to be as close to middle earth as possible! GG turbine. I'm not sure if they will add a HD Textures but I imagine since they have a voice channel such as DDO has they will add that.

• virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699
    According to a post on the beta forums they added the high rez files in last weeks betaversion.

• FireburstFireburst Member UncommonPosts: 200
    As long as it runs smooth as silk then thats gotta be a good thing :)
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Virtuella are you playing the EU beta of LOTR?

Reason I ask is I don't believe the high-res files are in the american beta. No way, unless I missed an optional download somewhere. My DDO folder with high-res files installed is 6+ gigs while my LOTR folder is 4+ gigs.

And you can tell if you got high-res files intalled cause the patch time is HUGE. In DDO it is a massive download on my main PC and on my laptop with high-res not installed it patches fairly fast.

Unless I'm missing something I can't imagine that it is currently in high-res. My opinion is they won't release it now and will wait till release and put it on the DVD as an optional install as they did with DDO and AC2.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Yeah i'm in the EU beta..

Did you US testers have to redownload a completely new client last patch?

We have to redownload a new client last week and delete all our old files before installing the new one.

Here is what someone else posted on the EU boards when i asked if the high res files are ingame.

They are already in, this current client is the new Hi-Res client.

Then i replied.

Ohh ok thanks..

I just thought that we would get an option to install those files or not because they should be pretty PC demanding according to some old threads.

Are they turned on by default?

He rereplied.

Umm, hard to explain. Imagine a texture is 5cm by 5cm, inside that texture you have 256 colours, and not very much detail, so your hat, the textures (images that make it) are 5cm by 5cm with 256 colour. Thats low-res.

High-Res, consider it a 10cm by 10cm texture, with 16.8 million colours and so much detail that artists put it in the tate gallery, thats Hi-Res.

The textures in this new client have been changed from the 5*5 to 10*10, not something you would notice unless you had looked at a farming plot before the hi-res upgrade to the client.

Short answer, yes, there is no low-res option all the details are high-res.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Not an entirely new client, but a big patch. I do not recall it saying anything about high-res files.

We also did not have to delete any files. Can you check the size of your LOTR folder?

I'll see if I can find the patch notes and rescan them to look if it said anything about the high-res files.

Thanks Virtuella

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

My folder is 4 GB.