Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will SquareEnix ever.....

aspiinaspiin Member Posts: 66
...make a new Final Fantasy online game? What are the possiblities of them makeing one again? I played FFXI for a good 2 years and as much as I want to go back to it...I can't. For alot of reasons. Reason one being the time involved. When I started playing FFXI I was in highschool with no job/responsiblities. Now is a whole different story becuase I have college + a job.

What about a new expansion? They have 2 already...The second one was a flop imo. I never got to the third.

FFXI imo is the best mmo out there if you have the time. It really sucks you in to the world which is exciting yet dangerous. WoW never did that, EvE never did that, GW never did that, RF never did that (yes I did alot of mmo serching). No other mmo has even touched what FFXI has to offer. I would go back if i could..

Anyways just thought I might get some ideas.

Comments

• rock_harryrock_harry Member Posts: 183
    i Hope they do but i want it to be true to FF.

Turn base rich story line and grate game play
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I absolutely love how SQUENIX builds there games so i am a bit of an optimist.Sure they make some glaring mistakes,but i can point out mistakes in every game,as i am sure anyone else can also.

I am pretty sure that square enix bought a limited use contract on the unreal3 engine.This tells me that unless they have been real secretive,they are going to use it on a current issue of one of there games.Now dwelving further into thought ,tells me why would they break there mold of building there own game engines?I believe this is because they are going to use an exsting game and revamp it using directx10 tech and of course the highly touted unreal3 engine.What other game series in there lineup would you see them revamping with the added cost of liscensing an engine ?

Personally my gut feeling tells me it wil be the FFXI series as this has proven to be a success in every aspect for them.

I know there is a big market over there for phone gaming and stuff,but i highly doubt they would liscense the unreal3 engine for that.

Even if they don't name there new project final fantasy,i still believe they will be using the same type game play with maybe a few twists.There quick purchase on this liscense shows they do have a project in the works or at least is already on the table.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KaishoKaisho Member Posts: 48

i Voted yes that there is a huge chance they will make another FF Online game there's talks about a new mmo from SE in the works some think it will be a english/ world wide release of "fantasy earth" but imo i doubt it  due to it being unpopular in japan competing against FFXI still and also it being only PvP anywho i feel your pain buddy i played FFXI for 4 years and it completely took over my life and as much as i want to go back i refuse to......is there FFXI rehab? should be the question lol

• vialdragonvialdragon Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Kaisho

i Voted yes that there is a huge chance they will make another FF Online game there's talks about a new mmo from SE in the works some think it will be a english/ world wide release of "fantasy earth" but imo i doubt it  due to it being unpopular in japan competing against FFXI still and also it being only PvP anywho i feel your pain buddy i played FFXI for 4 years and it completely took over my life and as much as i want to go back i refuse to......is there FFXI rehab? should be the question lol

Never really have been a forum Guy But you guys Pose a point... Setting Time Aside. What is it in us That Refuses to Go back to FFXI But At the same time Proclaim it as One of the Great MMOs? I have every itch in my Body telling me I want to go back and Play it. But if I ever sit down and think about installing it.. even if I have nothing else to do. I Just won't.

As far as a New ONE I'm deffinatly in.. But I'm not sure about a Turn Based MMO. I mean I own and still play all the Old FFs and I love that... but thats single player. If you can point me out to a Turn Based MMO. I'd try it but I wouldn't expect it to be great by any means.

• hartofShinRahartofShinRa Member Posts: 2
    Dunno if anyone else saw it, but in the latest EGM they say another Final Fantasy MMORPG is in the works.  And apparently it is going to take place not in Vana'diel, but a world from a previous FF game.  Chances are it'll take place in Ivalice (FFXII), I'd love to see FFVIII come alive again XD  Imagine what they could do with the concept of Garden in an MMO environment!
  • SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

I've heard/read about the MMO in the works from SquareEnix but to be honest I'd love to see the MMO placed in an either FFVII or FFVIII. I know before some of you go on about how FFVII wasnt that great and others of you say it was awesome, etc etc, the honest fact is that FFVII has had far better numbers then any other FF game. Numbers sell people... and tbh, i wouldnt mind a FFVII world too much, lots to explore, and if they really want to go for the next gen experince they best put mounts (that you own) and player owned airships (fully customizable) would be a massive step in the right direction if you look at next gen mmo's such as STO and the such.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• hartofShinRahartofShinRa Member Posts: 2
    I agree, FFVII would make an excellent setting for another MMO, I'd love to be able to free-roam the lush environments from Advent Children.  Although FFXI has mounts (recently added the ability to raise and own your own Chocobo), it would be cool to see them take it a step further (and keeping with the FFVII idea) be able to build your own motorcycle to traverse the world.  Owning an airship would be.....amazing.  I can't wait to see what the busybodies at SE are cooking up.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

It is confirmed SquareEnix is making another MMO, it however isn't confirmed it is an FFXI sequal or anything FF related, but my gut feeling tells me it is and will be another FF MMO.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by vialdragon
    Originally posted by Kaisho i Voted yes that there is a huge chance they will make another FF Online game there's talks about a new mmo from SE in the works some think it will be a english/ world wide release of "fantasy earth" but imo i doubt it due to it being unpopular in japan competing against FFXI still and also it being only PvP anywho i feel your pain buddy i played FFXI for 4 years and it completely took over my life and as much as i want to go back i refuse to......is there FFXI rehab? should be the question lol

Never really have been a forum Guy But you guys Pose a point... Setting Time Aside. What is it in us That Refuses to Go back to FFXI But At the same time Proclaim it as One of the Great MMOs? I have every itch in my Body telling me I want to go back and Play it. But if I ever sit down and think about installing it.. even if I have nothing else to do. I Just won't.
    As far as a New ONE I'm deffinatly in.. But I'm not sure about a Turn Based MMO. I mean I own and still play all the Old FFs and I love that... but thats single player. If you can point me out to a Turn Based MMO. I'd try it but I wouldn't expect it to be great by any means.

I feel ya completely, I have same feelings for the game. It is truely an awesome experience but having played it for a long long time I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. Why? Simple, I won't repeat everything I have done. There would be nothing new that I already havn't done. Sure you'd me new people, but what will make you re-do everything again, from the beginning or even play your old character from so long ago? Nothing.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by HashBrick
    It is confirmed SquareEnix is making another MMO, it however isn't confirmed it is an FFXI sequal or anything FF related, but my gut feeling tells me it is and will be another FF MMO.

Well SE should stick with what they know and what people love. Sure-fire way it makes money... I'm just hoping its not another WoW embodiment

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• mrdoublerrmrdoublerr Member Posts: 269

Tokyo, Japan (July 18, 2006) - Square Enix Co., Ltd (“the Company”). wishes to comment on a
    specific media report, dated July 14, stating that the Company is developing a sequel to its online
    game title, FINAL FANTASY® XI, and plans to release the title on three platforms
    PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., the
    Xbox 360
    operating system from Microsoft Corporation.
    The Company did not make such an announcement and has not made any decisions resembling
    those detailed in the media report.
    As the Company announced in May 2005, it is currently developing an online title for
    next-generation platforms including game consoles and PCs; however, this title is being developed as
    a completely new MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online RPG). We will disclose further details of
    this title, including platform compatibility, immediately after any relevant decisions are made.
    In addition, the Company continuously plans to release expansion packs for FINAL FANTASY XI,
    available on PlayStation®2, Xbox 360, and Windows®, as well as perform version updates.

source: http://www.square-enix.com/jp/company/e/news/2006/download/release_060718en.pdf