Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Notice Cola is becomming clearer?

AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

I sit here bored off my duff waiting to log into my favorite DoD server, I see in the light my bottle of pepsi (+2)

Now I look at it and realize a shock!

My cola's are becomming more and more clear, is this a sign of the dark lord waking from his thousand year sleep?

Could be.

It kinda goes hand and hand with all the earth quakes, wars, and plague that is slowly but surely eating our world apart.

So I ask you to look into your cola and see if it's not just a bit more translucent (SP? Who cares) than it used to be.

Comments

• Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by Astropuyo

I sit here bored off my duff waiting to log into my favorite DoD server, I see in the light my bottle of pepsi (+2)
    Now I look at it and realize a shock!
    My cola's are becomming more and more clear, is this a sign of the dark lord waking from his thousand year sleep?
    Could be.
    It kinda goes hand and hand with all the earth quakes, wars, and plague that is slowly but surely eating our world apart.

So I ask you to look into your cola and see if it's not just a bit more translucent (SP? Who cares) than it used to be.
    I think you've been waiting to long to log into that DoD server. Well they did get a bit lighter in my sight. Or is it that my light stand just got brigther? Well never know..

==============================
    He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada

• SkiddishSkiddish Member Posts: 103

I'm rather sure that over the years the bottles have become thinner. If that has anything to do with it, no idea.

Or if something is illuminating the bottle from the opposing side that you are observing, it would appear to be lighter in color, and as such 'clearer'.

No clue.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Actually it's not the whole refraction thing I know this, I just tested this (Yes I am that bored).

I grabbed a two liter that has been in my fridge for about a month, and then compared the two in same size and depth glasses, to the exact same light.

The newwer is definately lighter I believe.

I looked to see if they were bottled in the same place, and they were. A local bottler outside the city.

Perhaps this is a prelude to the darkness that arises every so thousand years and unleashes a horror upon us all (again).

I grabbed a two liter that has been in my fridge for about a month, and then compared the two in same size and depth glasses, to the exact same light.
    The newwer is definately lighter I believe.

Maybe as the cola ages, it darkens? It's possible, although I can't believe only a month would cause any significant difference...

The older cola, had it been previously opened? Or were both bottles sealed?

Both sealed, I'd thought of that part when I grabbed the first.

It seemed the flat soda that had been in there for about 6 months was even darker so I figured this to be "aging" as well as lack of carbon "bubbles" displacing the syrup.

Thats when I grabbed the new bottle completely sealed, this other one was a one liter i just picked up for the clan match.

That makes sense.. that the older soda has had more time to settle, and the bubbles have more advancingly seperated from the liquid..

Or maybe Pepsi is trying to trick us

Theres something here, i just can't put my finger on it.

But I say we should do what cnn/msnbc/fox news/etc says.

DO NOT GO OUTSIDE EVER.

STAY INSIDE DON'T BE AFRAID , THATS A BOMB.

BE AFRAID It just turned out to be a ATHF character.

Puppies are they deadly? More at 5.

• Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224

Theres something here, i just can't put my finger on it.
    But I say we should do what cnn/msnbc/fox news/etc says.
    DO NOT GO OUTSIDE EVER.
    STAY INSIDE DON'T BE AFRAID , THATS A BOMB.
    BE AFRAID It just turned out to be a ATHF character.
    Puppies are they deadly? More at 5.

LOL. Back on topic , it is definatley the aging process that darkens the soda. The more it ages the more of the soda's gas is released and the more the sugar in the soda dissolves the more it darkens as well.

He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada