Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any of the winners get a keys yet?

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by ZeppelinJ0

I got the personal message and sent my reply, still haven't heard anything back, and my computer could power a small country on the graphics processor alone so I don't see any reason they'd deny me
    He  will reply when he has time. Whatever your accepted or not. If not he will give the reason on why not.
  • DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Coman

He  will reply when he has time. Whatever your accepted or not. If not he will give the reason on why not.

He can keep his reasons, lazy asshat.

I am tired of bad customer service and lazy no talent companies who beg for your support and when they get it they treat you like shit.

There should be a law against fake promotions like this one. And now that I think of it both contests I have entered and won here on MMORPG.com have not worked out they way they stated it would. 

Who is responsible for setting up these promotions?

I have some advice.

Before posting the crap these asshats feed you have all the prizes in hand that way you won't have angry users wondering why you lied to them.

Originally posted by Dento

He will reply when he has time. Whatever your accepted or not. If not he will give the reason on why not.

I am tired of bad customer service and lazy no talent companies who beg for your support and when they get it they treat you like shit.
    There should be a law against fake promotions like this one. And now that I think of it both contests I have entered and won here on MMORPG.com have not worked out they way they stated it would.
    I have some advice.
    Before posting the crap these asshats feed you have all the prizes in hand that way you won't have angry users wondering why you lied to them.

I fully agree it an full disgrease that we do not get costumer service, we aint costumers, but that is irrelivent offcourse. Also it aint fake. They never told you when you could get in did they? If they did then I clearly missed something.

Damn and you wanna beta test an game with such an patience? No-one lied to you, you just have to high of expetation. The fact that the CM puts his attention to this (Well late, and it not really going fast I do agree with that) is an good thing.

PS: All prices I won here I got. Even my mouse and mousepad with had to be flown over from the USA. Same with your beta account you will get it if you computer is good enough.

LOL

this isn't the first time I feel I've been stiffed when winning one of these promotions so my patience may be running a little thin after the last fiasco and Yes I was told that I would be getting in beta so I have been lied to so far.

• compooter41compooter41 Member Posts: 23
    I bet you could solve all of your problems by talking to Aether on IRC... Channel #burningsea on irc.coldfront.net!

Go on there, give them a nudge I'm sure one of the devs might be able to help you all out!

-Nate
  • TranquilityTranquility Member Posts: 171

Originally posted by Dento

He will reply when he has time. Whatever your accepted or not. If not he will give the reason on why not.

There should be a law against fake promotions like this one. And now that I think of it both contests I have entered and won here on MMORPG.com have not worked out they way they stated it would.

I have some advice.

I fully agree it an full disgrease that we do not get costumer service, we aint costumers, but that is irrelivent offcourse. Also it aint fake. They never told you when you could get in did they? If they did then I clearly missed something.

Damn and you wanna beta test an game with such an patience? No-one lied to you, you just have to high of expetation. The fact that the CM puts his attention to this (Well late, and it not really going fast I do agree with that) is an good thing.

PS: All prices I won here I got. Even my mouse and mousepad with had to be flown over from the USA. Same with your beta account you will get it if you computer is good enough.

Though i agree with you in general, i do dislike the fact the way the contest was set up.

I too was under the impression that when or if i would win, we would get a beta account. I must confess i did not make a study of all the terms and stuff, but it seems to me to be a fairly simple deal. I am rather disappointed at the fact that things turn out to be going as slow as they are. I am starting to wonder if i'd even enter the beta before it goes open.

On the other hand, we did'nt pay, we did'nt put in loads of time. So demanding things or name-calling is totally uncalled for. Worst thing that can happend (which im fearing at the moment) is that we do not get to test the game at all, and can only play it when it goes open or gold. And even if thats the case, we do not have a awefull lot to complain about.

• OhaanOhaan Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Zzzzzz............
  • OhaanOhaan Member UncommonPosts: 568

Not that I really care at this point but I have NOT recieved my beta key yet.

Can you say Scam?

I do not mind we do not have our beta keys yet, but the fact they promised atleast an responce with why you would not be accepted.

• gday2gday2 Member Posts: 9
    patience is wearing thin.. I was told by two devs it would be within the next week, ..and its been 2 weeks now since the first dev said that.

my patience earlier ===========================================

patience now -       -                -         -    -            -              -             -       -  -  -- - -- -   --   -

It not really about the account itself, just the fact that they fail to do something they promised with is not even that time consuming. They either make an account or send an reply on why we where not accepted.

i thot we won a closed beta acct, its seeming more like it will be an open beta acct soon. If it is, they  should give us a different prize, for exammple a subscription for x months (greater then 2). (that we can activate) Im going to be working the entire summer, without internet access, so it would be nice if it were able to be deffered
  • alphajonnyalphajonny Member CommonPosts: 55
    Wow.  I'm reading about how people feel cheated or scammed when they payed for nothing, the game is in early beta, you won a chance to beta test it.   If your really that upset that you havn't gotten your beta key yet...well, I really dont know what to say.  I have a hard time believing you should beta test anything since your so quick to get angry or upset.  Maybe jsut wait for a finished product so it will go smooth and there will be less stress.   Perhaps play a game to relax while you wait.
  • ldarksideldarkside Member Posts: 30
    On the official forums the Devs have stated that for the most part actual invites are based on what they need tested and whether your information from the application meets what they are looking for. They have said that posting on their forums, being a long time forumer or even wining one of the beta keys does not guarentee a spot into closed beta only what your specs and experience are in relation to what they are testing. Currently they say they add 100 players to beta per week and most long time forumers on their forum have come to accept the fact that they probably will not make it into closed beta.

MMORPG.com and Flying Lab Software have teamed up to bring you an exciting new contest! From Jan 7, 2007 to Feb 1, 2007 @ 9PM EST we will be accepting entries into a random drawing where we will give away 50 beta accounts for the upcoming high seas MMORPG Pirates of the Burning Sea! All you need to enter is a free MMORPG.com account and to fill out the form below.

Thats the thing, I thought I won a beta account, not a chance to get a beta acct. Had they said beta key, it would be totally different.

I have got my beta key,  but thats not what I won. I won a beta account. 
    Originally posted by alphajonny

Wow.  I'm reading about how people feel cheated or scammed when they payed for nothing, the game is in early beta, you won a chance to beta test it.   If your really that upset that you havn't gotten your beta key yet...well, I really dont know what to say.  I have a hard time believing you should beta test anything since your so quick to get angry or upset.  Maybe jsut wait for a finished product so it will go smooth and there will be less stress.   Perhaps play a game to relax while you wait.
    I cant say that i'm that suprised at all. When you promise people a prize, it's not that weird that people are disappointed when they do not get what they we're promised.

Calling it a scam and saying in the same line that you don't care anyway is childish BS offcourse, but being disappointed that you dont get a prize you we're promised is not, in my opinion :).
  • alphajonnyalphajonny Member CommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Tranquility

Originally posted by alphajonny

I cant say that i'm that suprised at all. When you promise people a prize, it's not that weird that people are disappointed when they do not get what they we're promised.

Calling it a scam and saying in the same line that you don't care anyway is childish BS offcourse, but being disappointed that you dont get a prize you we're promised is not, in my opinion :). True there is nothing wrong with being a little bummed out about not getting the prize yet but It was going to the point of being manic.  There was rude namecalling and everything.  :)   I just got a kick out of how upset they were getting.
  • aubryaubry Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by gday2

Thats the thing, I thought I won a beta account, not a chance to get a beta acct. Had they said beta key, it would be totally different.

Hehe, now that I don't care about this game, it's quite fun to watch and troll.  What is this I hear?  PoTBS making promises and trying to get extra hype and then not delivering?  Hey, they got a front page banner on mmorpg.com for an entire month by doing it - do you think they really care if the people actually get the accounts?  Looks like they are continuing their habit of broken promises and they are going to frustrate yet another group of fans.   What's this....another release date (June 1st)?   Only 2 months away now and contest winners can't even get into closed beta?  Ahh ha ha.... yep, June 1st is going to to happen...lol    Don't worry though, when June 1st comes and goes they will simply claim that it was never an "official" date.   For all the new people, welcome to the c***tease known as PoTBS.

• caldriccaldric Member Posts: 7

Its pretty amazing they just dropped you guys like that. I wonder why they could not find room for 50 people in a game that should be entering final stress and polish phase considering June release.

Either way I can understand the grumpy feeling of the "winners of nothing".

Originally posted by caldric

Its pretty amazing they just dropped you guys like that. I wonder why they could not find room for 50 people in a game that should be entering final stress and polish phase considering June release.
    Either way I can understand the grumpy feeling of the "winners of nothing".

Well, yeah me too. I've given it some thought, and i find it pretty disappointing the way this all turned out. I followed this game for quite a while and have very high hopes for it. Mainly due to the way they we're communicating with us (gamers/customers).

I felt they came across as a capable company, with a very clear and likeable vision on their game. Too bad "mistakes" like this cloud up their game. The fact that they let it go this far is suprising. I would expect this behaviour from some company's, but i expected more from them. Sadly they have disappointed me greatly, thus lowering my expectations of the game somewhat.

I am still interested in the game, and hope to become a subscriber, but my overall opinion of the company has fallen quite far by being "treated" this way. If they we're not planning to let anybody into the beta within a couple of months, then it would have been wiser not to put things (contests) like this out. Offcourse it's free publicity, but they should not forget they are disappointing a few potential customers as well, and not to forget that they allow for all this to be said without replying in any way.

I mean, this is all bad publicity. It's nothing terrible, and they can surely have it, and hardly will this define the game's succes even marginally, but it would have looked really good on them if they would resolved this matter in a way that was expected from them.

Too bad really.
  • SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

As interested as I am in this game i cant help but have that sneaking suspicion that its going to be a HUGE flop for the sheer fact that its been in development for so long. I mean, i'm excited by the prospect of it, my loins are quivering with anticipation, but they started handing out beta "keys" what now? About a month or so ago? Well this is great and everything but why is there no progress being made past that?

blah.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340
    Originally posted by Sunrider

As interested as I am in this game i cant help but have that sneaking suspicion that its going to be a HUGE flop for the sheer fact that its been in development for so long. I mean, i'm excited by the prospect of it, my loins are quivering with anticipation, but they started handing out beta "keys" what now? About a month or so ago? Well this is great and everything but why is there no progress being made past that?
    blah.
    Maybe they're on a personal schedule per-say? I personally like it when companies follow their own schedule and plan. Instead of doing what everyone else does. Maybe they just don't want a closed/open beta session until way late in the development. That way they can do as they like with the system without worrying about the drag and pull of a thousand and one different players. All with their own unique idea of how the game should be? I dunno.

But if it helps... Look at Oblivion? It took six years in development since Morrowind and has won so many awards on so many different sites and game award shows. Although, whether or not it deserves them is entirely up to the individual of course. I think it does.

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• silly2k2silly2k2 Member Posts: 63

Maybe its just the very lacking personal standards the games industry seems to have? Most other software industries don't survive if they treat customers badly or release bad products or miss deadlines.  But because this is the "entertainment" industry people know that we'll wait and we'll endure the shit they give us because we're addicted and we need our "gaming" fix.  Back in the day.. this psyché didn't exist with the likes of everquest 1 and UO, but now its all over the place.  I hope PoTBS is not another "lets manipulate and exploit our fanbase into giving us free money sort of game"...

/me waits patiently to find out.