Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any of the winners get a keys yet?

DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138

I haven't heard anything yet and I'm just wondering if any of the other beta key winners have.

I won a spot in TCoS beta about 2 months ago and still have not been able to play so I am really hoping this goes a little smoother

Comments

• RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235
    I think it maybe a few weeks to a month before we,the contest winners, can play the Closed Beta.
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    I just got my key a few mins ago. Followed the steps and now just waiting for a reply. I don't know if it'll be immediate or not, but hope so. :D

• frontstabfrontstab Member Posts: 25
    I too just recived a key. I submitted my beta application 2 days ago, just changed it with the beta key.
  • OhaanOhaan Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Originally posted by Fion

I just got my key a few mins ago. Followed the steps and now just waiting for a reply. I don't know if it'll be immediate or not, but hope so. :D
    Ditto.

This is one MMO that I'm actually keen on being part of the beta.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I really do not think you will be accepted automaticly it will be done manual and then still even if you

A) are needed
    B) Have what they need.

• gday2gday2 Member Posts: 9
    they should let ny1 who won into beta. If their comp isn't good enough, well thats the users fault.

Yeah i just submited asn app, with my beta key.
  • LearyLeary Member Posts: 49
    Got my code yesterday via e-mail and MMORPG.com Inbox and followed the procedure to get the ball rolling.
  • TkenobiTkenobi Member Posts: 13
    Same here. I filled my Potbs's acc with the beta key and waiting for the access.
  • Van_FarnelVan_Farnel Member Posts: 1

Is that all?

The Keys from the disqualifieded people...

When starts the next wave with the rest of the keys from the disqualifieded ?

• DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Coman

I really do not think you will be accepted automaticly it will be done manual and then still even if you
    A) are needed

B) Have what they need.

Looks like you are right but I have an issue with this.

They said they were giving away 50 beta accounts not 50 chances of getting into beta.

Anyone that creates an account on the site and registers for beta has a chance at getting in.

there is a big difference between 50 chances to be in beta and giving away 50 beta accounts.

I would like some official word on this and maybe a change to the way its worded in the future

• 33milk3333milk33 Member Posts: 2
    i hope that i can get invited. at least to try it off,
  • maxpfaffmaxpfaff Member Posts: 42

got a vip key

but still no invite

I submitted my app and key on Feb 8 and still have not received a reply. From my experience with a couple other betas it can a little while to collect and send out the actual invites. Think we just have to be a little patient.
  • VashnerVashner Member Posts: 58
    Doah no key here. This game looks really guud.
  • chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Wish you guys all the best, but as usual, I will say it once and say it again, this game will flop.. more delays and more hype then the past off niche concepts by other companies. While I am definitely looking forward to a new concept in gaming and a company that could be believed in. I don't see it here. If you "actually" get into beta, they probably will have an NDA that say's you can't say anything, That's cool, just after your in for a day or two and realize your just moving around in a 3d world of bugs and nice water effects you can come back and tell us how great it is... While the movies  and screens look great, something has always bothered me about this title. A company doesn't have endless funds to produce a title and this one has so many delays something isn't right...

The fan-bots will definitely hound me on this, don't really care, but it would be nice to see something like this coming to light, to bad you got morons at the helms of some of these projects that have no clue about their own title... From the start this game was going to have "no avatars.. we don't believe you need such things with a good ship simulator" I remember that quote from some were way back in the day when this title was first spoken off. Heck they were to release it just like that, but the cries of the "community" as myself said, "your kidding right? umm no interest here" and the population dropped on the subject and site all together. Next thing they announce they will not release the game early so they can add this feature.

While again the fan-bots will see this as "community relationship" and "listening to the player base" I see this part as  "Ops! we fooked this up... hmm should change it" bad starting concept = bad end concept.. you can add all you want into a title, but if you need years to implement features that should be in a good MMO as a second thought, your whole concept is bad.

EH, I will say it again directly to the Dev's here who "hide in the shadows of misc posters" ... prove me wrong and release something viable. But you as other unknown, half baked developers won't see a dime till your title is proven. Blizzard even SOE can get the pre-orders because they are known entities. Those wishing for the same treatment must earn that threw reputation. 

I don't doubt you have some kind of ship MMO working, I very much doubt you have all you say you have in the game working correctly thou and I highly doubt you have the funds or means to finish it just like so many others that promise the world and deliver crap. Hey again, prove me and the other doubters wrong... but holding a beta give away for a no give away beta till a few weeks/months/years down the road sounds to much fake to me as much as that awesome game of darkfall we have heard was giving away clan betas a year ago... that games is worse off then this one... at least your public relations guy can keep his stories and history accurate. I give you that much.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• wuckswucks Member UncommonPosts: 114

Personally, I find it quite amazing that you can write so much and say so little. Well done.

Originally posted by inig0

Personally, I find it quite amazing that you can write so much and say so little. Well done.
  • chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    I find it amazing that devs can't tell the truth in your game. Ah, but wait ... they come in as "fans" and boast themselves (Actually a good concept really) and the lemmings are sure to follow. Watch for that last step!

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• wuckswucks Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by chaintm
    I find it amazing that devs can't tell the truth in your game. Ah, but wait ... they come in as "fans" and boast themselves (Actually a good concept really) and the lemmings are sure to follow. Watch for that last step!

Ah, so you've been playing PotBs for a while now and came the conclusion that we've all been lied to, and in your next post you're going to point out this web of lies to us all.

Or you're just another semiliterate troll. I'm sure most people can make up their own mind on that one :)

• [FLS]Aether[FLS]Aether PotBS CMMember Posts: 8

Greetings folks!

I'm looking into the beta key situation today; I'll get back to you as soon as I know more. Congrats to the winners, I'll be contacting you personally within the next couple of days.

Cheers!

Director, Community Relations Pirates of the Burning Sea
    www.burningsea.com

• kraidenkraiden Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 638

Thank you Aether!

We all look forward to playing POTBS and getting our first glimpse at the game, graphics and especialy the cool pirate coats!

-Hasani-

• TkenobiTkenobi Member Posts: 13

Thank  you very much Aether!!. I was still waiting for my invite after winning my beta key.

:D :D :D :D

• [FLS]Aether[FLS]Aether PotBS CMMember Posts: 8

Hello again folks!

Everyone that won a beta key in the MMORPG give away should have received a personal note from me with further instructions. Make sure to check your junk mail filter, just in case! If, as a winner, you haven't received an email by now (and you've checked your spam filter!), drop me a private message on this forum with the winning email address.

I'm happy to cross reference your information with the list that MMORPG has provided me.  

Thanks again for your patience friends, I'm looking forward to seeing you on the open sea!

Director, Community Relations Pirates of the Burning Sea
    www.burningsea.com

• VanillateaVanillatea Member Posts: 80
    I tried for the beta last month but still no key yet.  I guess my computer isn't up to snuff or something.
  • ZeppelinJ0ZeppelinJ0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I got the personal message and sent my reply, still haven't heard anything back, and my computer could power a small country on the graphics processor alone so I don't see any reason they'd deny me

FFXI: Gauhar - Odin