Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it blows

and it blows hardcore

how can you make a game based on the one ot the greatest of tabletop games/rpg/novels

and then take away the roleplay and the chance to actualy live your life in the world you saw yourself in everytime you have archaon on the feild destroying an enemy army.

only 1 chaos god.

crapy graphics

pvp focused and no rp aid

screwed this game is

Comments

• danno1984danno1984 Member Posts: 41
    Yep 1 year from release and this game is totally doomed, complete waste of time!

I say we all forget WAR and reinstall Duke Nukem 3D.
  • accppsaccpps Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by cain1983

and it blows hardcore

how can you make a game based on the one ot the greatest of tabletop games/rpg/novels

and then take away the roleplay and the chance to actualy live your life in the world you saw yourself in everytime you have archaon on the feild destroying an enemy army.

only 1 chaos god.

crapy graphics

screwed this game is
    lol try not to be so dumb.  Mythic has to make a balanced playable game that works and you TT/RP boys need to realize that.
  • GorthukGorthuk Member Posts: 75
    I'm a roleplayer and Tabletop-fan and i like the way they're heading. It's not about cosy campfires. If I learned one thing, it's about staying alive and destroying your enemies. But I'm also a gamer and if you make a videogame, it should be a videogame. If I wanted to roleplay only, I'd but the WHRP-book and get me a gamer-group. But in the end, it's the player that makes it a RP, developers can help, but they're not the requirement.
  • LightSolLightSol Member Posts: 5
    So true m8 finaly theres a gamer that doesnt complain bout everything ^_^

and i totaly agree with you ^_^
  • norvaknorvak Member UncommonPosts: 53
    TT games are worthless. they finally made warhammer a playable game after all this time.
  • ItzcoliuhquiItzcoliuhqui Member Posts: 94

and it blows hardcore

only 1 chaos god.

crapy graphics

screwed this game is

Define RP aid?

It bothers me more that we only have 6 factions available more than that we only have 1 chaos god(Although I must admit I'm a big Slaanesh fan).

Graphics ain't that bad, not oblivion in any way... But most MMOs like to broaden their audience, by not restricting them to high-performance PCs.. which is a good thing IMO.

The Anti Social Gamer

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

and it blows hardcore

only 1 chaos god.

crapy graphics

screwed this game is
    You blow hard, get the hell away, don't wanna hear from ya again, hope someone delete your post.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

T_T

Usually that is supposed to be someone crying, but it actually represents the blood that is streaming from my eyes after reading your post, and seeing how bad you've destroyed the english language.

I hate you and your inability to punctuate, spell, and just generally type.

Now, on topic, W.A.R. is most likely going to be awesome. That is, however, just my humble opinion and you are entitled to yours....just next time you want to express it do so in the native language and not in some half speech that you invented.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Well, I had originally been disappointed in only having one chaos god but, after reading the interviews that have come out recently I understand why they went with this one god.  Now, not having all the factions available... meh not that big of a deal.  To me it says that they are going to be able to develop a product more focused and balanced and enjoyable for launch.  Next year they could very well announce an expansion that adds I dunno, 1/3 of the world and 2 more factions maybe.... ohhh Vampires or Skaven and Wood Elves... maybe lizardmen and Bretons.... there are a plethora of options available.

Roleplay on the other hand is entirely up to the creativity and intellect of the player.  Just like combat and choices players make during encounters are limited to what is within the reach of being coded same too with the roleplay.  I think that warhammer has a great chance of being a great mmorpg... in 6 months to a year we will know.

*edit* and about the graphics.... well seeing as how we are seeing alpha versions of the engine so far I think it looks pretty good.  The graphics look like animated versions of the miniatures.  But that is a matter of subjective taste and everyone's perspective is completely valid.  To me though, they look appropriate.

• shilakshilak Member Posts: 78

LOL

Been playing GW stuff for over 20 years and loving what I am hearing about this game.

• AreelAreel Member Posts: 285

Chaos Undivided is bland, lacks any real character.  If you could choose any god, but still play from the same locations, then it would still be Undivided.  If you tried to represent all 4, then you would have to come up with 3 more (separate) opponents for them.  And finally, the other 3 gods wouldn't fit well in an MMO format, for reasons already explained.

The graphics pretty decent for Alpha, from the last batch of screenshots and videos.  They'll only get better.  I'm less concerned about graphical power, and more with visual design.  They need to create a convincing, living world.  Vanguard has incredible graphics, yet the gameworld is lifeless and looks patched together (rocks that look dropped into place, fences that appear to be on the verge of falling over like cards, etc.).  Plenty of detail in individual items and characters, but poorly implemented.  WoW, on the other hand, has terrible graphics.  But the gameworld pops out at you.  Very immersive, everything looks like it belongs there.

We know very little about WAR at this point, beyond their plans for RvR.  So we don't know what RP tools, if any, will be included.  You're being presumptuous on that point.

Seriously.
    It's Are'el. This forum doesn't allow apostrophes in usernames.

• LearyLeary Member Posts: 49

and it blows hardcore

only 1 chaos god.

crapy graphics

screwed this game is
    If someone this eloquent does not like the game then I guess I might as well give up my hopes and dreams of playing what I thought would be a great game. Oh well...

/sighs
  • LV426LV426 Member Posts: 883

and it blows hardcore

only 1 chaos god.

crapy graphics

screwed this game is
    1) Chaos lord number can change later, Im sure... but if you have psykers, you HAVE to have Tzeech active in the game.

2) its in developement, and there are alot worse things for a game then graphics...

and 3) PEOPLE will make it RP... I know I will (and as a sorcerer of the ONE Chaos lord (*snickers*))
  • AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726
    Originally posted by Itzcoliuhqui

and it blows hardcore

only 1 chaos god.

crapy graphics

screwed this game is

Define RP aid?

It bothers me more that we only have 6 factions available more than that we only have 1 chaos god(Although I must admit I'm a big Slaanesh fan).

Graphics ain't that bad, not oblivion in any way... But most MMOs like to broaden their audience, by not restricting them to high-performance PCs.. which is a good thing IMO.

I'd rather Mythic give us limited races at the start and develop the actual game mechanics over giving us 12 races and losing out on important gameplay features. And I'd be willing to bet Mythic will release more races in expansions. DAoC's Shrouded Isles added 2 new races per side, Catacombs added another one per side. Those 2 also added new classes. I'd count on seeing the game developed even deeper through the expansions.

The focus right now should be on getting a quality MMO released then look at expanding it later.

• DystopiaBoyDystopiaBoy Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by severius

Well, I had originally been disappointed in only having one chaos god but, after reading the interviews that have come out recently I understand why they went with this one god.  Now, not having all the factions available... meh not that big of a deal.  To me it says that they are going to be able to develop a product more focused and balanced and enjoyable for launch.  Next year they could very well announce an expansion that adds I dunno, 1/3 of the world and 2 more factions maybe.... ohhh Vampires or Skaven and Wood Elves... maybe lizardmen and Bretons.... there are a plethora of options available.
    Roleplay on the other hand is entirely up to the creativity and intellect of the player.  Just like combat and choices players make during encounters are limited to what is within the reach of being coded same too with the roleplay.  I think that warhammer has a great chance of being a great mmorpg... in 6 months to a year we will know.
    *edit* and about the graphics.... well seeing as how we are seeing alpha versions of the engine so far I think it looks pretty good.  The graphics look like animated versions of the miniatures.  But that is a matter of subjective taste and everyone's perspective is completely valid.  To me though, they look appropriate.

There are only two true gods in Warhammer Fantasy...Gork and Mork! All others prostrate themselves before their orky'ness!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gork_and_Mork

• Math_BlasterMath_Blaster Member Posts: 50
    Guys, you do realize that you are arguing with a guy who can't spell "actually" and "crappy" and doesn't understand what punctuation is, right?
  • HorusgirlHorusgirl Member Posts: 120
    And guys do you realize that this thread died 20 days ago? I don't think the OP will read your responses anyways.

Why would someone dig this stuff up?

It's just another useless rant. We already had plenty of these on the top page.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    ~J. Krishnamurti
  • DystopiaBoyDystopiaBoy Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Horusgirl

And guys do you realize that this thread died 20 days ago? I don't think the OP will read your responses anyways.

Why would someone dig this stuff up?

It's just another useless rant. We already had plenty of these on the top page.

Sorry, I was trying to hijack the thread and turn it into a "who has the better god" flamewar. My bad!

PS

Just kidding, Horusgirl. Seriously though, the OP is just another in a long line of substandard trolls.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    OP:

Aw little annoying Hater there, here's a song about the game to cheer you up

Try to be best

‘Cause you’re only a game

And a game’s gotta learn to take it

Try to believe

Though the going gets rough

That you gotta hang tough to make it

History repeats itself

Try and you’ll succeed

Never doubt that you’re the one

And you can have your dreams!

You’re the best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down

You’re the Best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight ‘til the end

Cause your life will depend

On the strength that you have inside you

Ah you gotta be proud

starin’ out in the cloud

When the odds in the game defy you

Try your best to win them all

and one day time will tell

when you’re the one that’s standing there

you’ll reach the final bell!

You’re the best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ho-how-ho-own

INSPIRING GUITAR SOLO

You’re the best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight ‘til you drop

never stop

can’t give up

Til you reach the top (FIGHT!)

you’re the best in town (FIGHT!)

Listen to that sound

A little bit of all you got

Can never bring you down

You’re the best!

Around!

You’re the Best!

Around!

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326
    "live your life..."

Warhammer is not about life. It is about death.