Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any non-download MMORPGs out there??

I keep getting annoyed having to download all the MMORPGs so i am wondering if there are any non-download MMORPs out there, it would be realy nice knowing of any and i know there are also ofther ppl asking the same thing.

Comments

• PoldanoPoldano Member Posts: 244

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

If you mean MMORPGs without downloaded updates periodically, you are probably not going to find any. Even with a very stable game, the exact same version of the game must go out to all active players who are playing at the same time. Forcing revision checks at sign-on, and forcing downloads for obsolete revisions, is the most effective way to make sure this happens. Single-player games do not have a version-consistency requirement. It is perfectly OK for a player to run a down-rev version of a single-player game, because it cannot affect other players.

If you mean MMORPGs that you can acquire the initial software for on CD or DVD, without downloading, there are many such.

• MerchofdeathMerchofdeath Member Posts: 12

Here is a game no downloads at all. Its free and a MMORPG!!!! Fallensword has no prenium package so every item on their website is to be able to be used. They earn their money by FSP(Fallenswordpoints) after you register add klap if you need any help. Their should be a link in my sig that would take you the Fallensword registery area .

HAPPY GAMEING!!!!!

CHECK THIS RPG OUT!!!!

• edzha69edzha69 Member Posts: 3
    runescape :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

I think browser or MUDs are your best bet.

You pretty much have to dl something sometime with any mmo.

Though rune scape is an acceptable item you are requesting... however... Rune scape? I'd rather get testicular cancer and maybe even ovarian than play that game (no joke, give me a gamma ray gun. I'll prove it.)

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Pwn3rPwn

I keep getting annoyed having to download all the MMORPGs so i am wondering if there are any non-download MMORPs out there, it would be realy nice knowing of any and i know there are also ofther ppl asking the same thing.
    Without the files, how exactly does a program run?

---

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Is in't it obvious?

Through direct brain2peer networking.

Get on the ball man.

• mastermarcmastermarc Member Posts: 3

Eternal Wars its a MUD but its addictive

www.eternalwars.com/NewHero.php?ref=2069830676 sign up under this link and ill give u free gold to start and armor and weapons

just look for Eternal_Dragon im a mod so im sure ill be on

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

so what you are looking for is like a web based MMO similar to like runscape and the like where you can log in though the browser and play?? I can't say that i know of any although i quit looking a couple years ago

• talkinggoattalkinggoat Member Posts: 26
    If you're looking for a simple browser game, I can recommend Adventure Quest (http://www.battleon.com/)

It's pretty straightforward and its a flash game, but it can be a good time waster
  • iggy1736iggy1736 Member Posts: 5
    Battle dawn is a pretty good site.I reccomend signing into server3 and looking for the ruler grost and I can get you into a alliance and help you out.
  • BoklorBoklor Member Posts: 4

If you like totally weird things and click-by-click internet games, I recommend Kingdom of Loathing (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com). It's stupid (in a good way), it's sorta an MMO, and it's all stick figures ^.^ Oh, also, it has a set-back, it's a day-by-day thing. certain # of adventures per day.  

• ajoseph2ajoseph2 Member Posts: 2

if u like W.O.W. play runescape, runescape.com, the free part is meidum in length,quest wise but no download and u can keep playing if u get stuck on quest go 2 runehq.net

• ajoseph2ajoseph2 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by talkinggoat

If you're looking for a simple browser game, I can recommend Adventure Quest (http://www.battleon.com/)

It's pretty straightforward and its a flash game, but it can be a good time waster

ur right about 1 thing it's a waste it's so old and boring play the new version aq worlds aq.com

• kaptainkhaoskaptainkhaos Member Posts: 9

yeah just this site alone has tons of browser based mmo games just take you pick and enjoy them :u

Kaptain Khaos

• TarnicusTarnicus Member UncommonPosts: 17

Originally posted by mbblade

so what you are looking for is like a web based MMO similar to like runscape and the like where you can log in though the browser and play?? I can't say that i know of any although i quit looking a couple years ago

http://www.eartheternal.com/

Haven'y played it but it has gotten some pretty nice reviews if you're after something WoW-like.

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

You can always try runescape or adventure quest:)

Greetz

This discussion has been closed.