Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I made the mistake of buying this game and have some probs

sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Well no matter what graphical settings I put this game on I get this wierd lag or freeze or something.

I run around fine then all of a sudden everything stops and 2 frames keep repeating themselves. Kind of like a record skipping but the on video (that probably didn't help explain).

I just upgraded my system for Vista and the specs are as follow:

For the most part if i alt+tab out and back in it fixes it (until it happens again)

Gigabyte Nforce4 mobo w/ PCI-e (no sli)
AMD X2 4200+ Dual Core
1GB Dual Channel (2x512MB DDR2 800) (got the same set comming for 2GB total)
Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB (for some reason vista makes it 512mb with shared or something)

I just need to know if anyone else is even having this problem

Comments

• comacoma Member Posts: 92
    its a broke ass game dude
  • EthanaelEthanael Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by sidebuster

Well no matter what graphical settings I put this game on I get this wierd lag or freeze or something.
    I run around fine then all of a sudden everything stops and 2 frames keep repeating themselves. Kind of like a record skipping but the on video (that probably didn't help explain).
    I just upgraded my system for Vista and the specs are as follow:

Gigabyte Nforce4 mobo w/ PCI-e (no sli)

AMD X2 4200+ Dual Core

1GB Dual Channel (2x512MB DDR2 800) (got the same set comming for 2GB total)

Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB (for some reason vista makes it 512mb with shared or something)

I just need to know if anyone else is even having this problem
    I run 2.0Ghz, 2gb ram and a 7800gt and I can play the game on balanced just fine. Not sure what in the world is going on with your pc. O_o

Regards,
  • elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

If you have a hardware accelerated soundcard I would bet thats the real issue.  Its having to force it to software sound since Vista does not supports hardware accelerated or EAX soundcards.   Since your using vista it really could be any number of compatibility issues with your hardware.   Like do you ahve the proper new Vista compat drivers for the video card?  Nvidia has posted new drivers for their newer video cards series 6 and up i believe that are for Vista only users.    When you buy a new OS especially once as expansive as Vista there can be all sorts of issues.    Plus  less than 2 gigs could also attribute.   

This issue is an OS related issue not the game.   Besides according to your Xfire you've not played Vanguard at all...im curious are you a troll or did you smply not have xfire set up for vanguard?

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I thought it might have been a sound card issue, but i disreguarded it because it happens to the video part. I figure vista does have a play in it though.

Could it be a router/firewall issue?

"This issue is an OS related issue not the game. Besides according to your Xfire you've not played Vanguard at all...im curious are you a troll or did you smply not have xfire set up for vanguard?"

I haven't bothered running xfire for a while because everyone i have on it stopped using it, so i have no reason to.

I really want to have fun with this game (for god sakes i payed 50 dollars for it).

I am just trying to solve the problem so i can give the game a fair chance.

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644
    Could be a Vista problem.

It's hardly optimized for Windows XP, as it is now.
  • sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I am downloading the beta drivers from my gigabyte mobo site. Hopefully that will help something.

• Damienvr666Damienvr666 Member Posts: 114
    I can almost say for sure the problem is Vista. It has major issues running alot of games. Allthough Im not sure if Vanguard in its current build even supports Vista.
  • stylee99stylee99 Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Vendayn

coma obviously hasnt played (although he sorta right) or he would know that, that when that happens it means you are zoning into another "chunk". The same thing happens with me.

They wanted the world to seem zoneless like in WoW, but  guess not yet.
    Re-read his post, that's not what he's talking about....and when I cross a chunk, there's about a 2 second pause, nothing too bad.
  • KazeemiaKazeemia Member Posts: 60

I am only guessing here, but I think your problem is Vista. The OS needs at least 1gb of system Ram to function (run well), and if you have only 1gb ram total that does not leave much to the game. Reroll to XP imo.

• AeronisAeronis Member Posts: 231
    That's an odd way to start a thread "I made the mistake of buying this game... Oh ya, and please help me fix it".

The problem you describe happens in towns when there are a ton of people around. Lower your graphics settings until it's better when you encounter this problem.

Windows Vista reportedly has poor performance with this game as of now.

2 gigs of RAM is recommeded. 1 gig would be a bottleneck on your performance.
  • ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552
    Originally posted by coma

its a broke ass game dude
    That's a pretty profound statement.  Have you actually played vanguard or are you just a troll and you're regurtitating other people's comments?
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i have an almost identical setup but with xp

xp pro

1gig ram

ati x1600pro

amd x2 4200+

msi mobo

but the game runs fine..even on high settings....once it gets loaded into the ram. there are some hitching between zone servers...but thats about it

i really think its your vista

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716

Hmm.. yea it's Vista.. like someone just said vista eats RAM likes it comes a pound per dozen, I've been talking to a few friends over this and we've conclueded that to have Vista AND Vanguard you need 4GB of Ram, 2GB for Vanguard to run at MAX settings and 2GB for Vista to eat 1GB stright off and have another gig to keep it from screaming at you..

TBH Vista although it is 'supported' it's not healthy on the pocket and atm it's a waste of money becuase everything works just as fine on XP

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!