Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There goes the neighborhood.

squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

"The American games giant annouced a couple of days ago that their Space Opera MMO "Earth & Beyond" is going to be closed down by September, therefore EA was looking to take over the young and successful game developer for quite a while, in first place to get their hands on EVE. Our beloved MMO will now be distributed by EA and integrated into their webbased payment- and connecting-system that will require GameSpy to be installed on your system.

Our contact at CCP gave away that The-Powers-To-Be decided that some major reworking (=simplifying) of EVE is planned to open it for the mass market. From now on EVE will be a space egoshooter and the Z-axis will be cut away from the game. It is even rumored that EVE may have a complete "reset" of the player database by the end of summer to ensure a new start for everybody -unfortunatelly the main target market is supposed to be KOREA. That also means that both expansion packs that currently are in the pipeline (the strategy expansion "SimEVE - Manage Your Spacestation" and the playing-card version "EVE - The 2nd Gathering") will be released in Korean language first. Downloadable Islandic and English language-packs will follow in 2005." - EVE-I

All I can say is this had better be an evil April fools joke ::::01::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rich Cook.

Comments

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

"CCP has entered into a settlement agreement regarding the the usage of the name “EVE Online” with the feminist organization, Ecofeminist Visions Emerging ( eve.enviroweb.org ). Ecofeminist Visions, whose website has been active since 1991, has claimed full publishing rights for the name “EVE Online” and charged CCP for copyright infringement in the state of New York. Following that suit, CCP opted to settle out of court and agre to rename its online game to EWE Online (Everlasting Worlds and Empires). Hilmar V Petursson, CEO of CCP said "This is not the outcome he had chosen, but was happy that a settlement to this year-old debate had finally been reached". The game product is the first and only released by CCP Games, a small privately owned game studio in Reykjavik, Iceland. Hilmar further said, "All we are focused on is delivering a top-notch online product for our fans. I hope that the new name EWE Online will be accepted by our community." - CCP

This one too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Its interesting how we do not hear anything about this untill today. (Midweek).

April fools Everyone. image

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163

Ya got me!image 

I was just about to sign onto EVE and subscribe when I read that.  If it wasn't an April Fool's joke I was going to cry and prompty delete the game from my drive.

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme