Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Forums?

RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Well, it's now Feb, just curious as to what's going on over there at RR. Since your forums have been closed for over 2 weeks without a resolution, this is the only place we seem to be able to go to in an attempt to get info. So....what's the deal?

Joined - July 2004

Comments

• MoLoK_MoLoK_ Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by remyburke

Well, it's now Feb, just curious as to what's going on over there at RR. Since your forums have been closed for over 2 weeks without a resolution, this is the only place we seem to be able to go to in an attempt to get info. So....what's the deal?
    The deal is that they never will keep their deals. Their brilliant 40 ppl staff cant even put up a forum! And they claim to be able to make games!

I suspect the community will be blamed for the lack of forums, remember we treat them so badly that the devs stopped reading the forums?

And btw, RR has never been interested in hearing the communitys opinions anyway (or maybe they are busy working on that GAME (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha) !
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Hey Molok,

Well my guess is that RR is done, not that they were ever anything other than empty promises to begin with, but I wanted to hear it from someone in the company before I made up my mind. Their silence is all i really need to hear.

Joined - July 2004

• NintiiNintii Member Posts: 4

Do you honestly think that this is the only place you can attempt to get info?

They still have an IRC channel, and even have a new one for Phylon.

I talk to CG on a daily basis in there and sometimes other RR employees come in. You guys have no reason to say that they are silent.

If you guys want to talk to them so badly then it only makes sense that you get IRC. It's not at all difficult to use.

Here i'll even do the work of finding a client for you. www.silverex.org

Server: irc.stratics.com/6668
    Channel: #phylon

See you there,

Phaelae

Originally posted by Nintii

I talk to CG on a daily basis in there and sometimes other RR employees come in. You guys have no reason to say that they are silent.

If you guys want to talk to them so badly then it only makes sense that you get IRC. It's not at all difficult to use.

See you there,

Phaelae

Wow... RR is communicating with 10 people... all fanboys who hang out at their desolate IRC channel (yes I was there a few months back, or is it suddenly crowded? still the same "I NEED BEER!" talk?)
  • bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Nintii

See you there,

Phaelae

That's such a BS answer. It was a BS answer when they had a forum and still the same old crap. Expecting people to come to an IRC chat in hopes that they can catch some answers. Only shows that this company will never change.  Not everyone can spend time on IRC 24/7.

The only reason CG is willing to talk on IRC and not the forums is there isn't any (Or a lot less likley) written record of all the BS he says.

• SpangusSpangus Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by bverji

That's such a BS answer. It was a BS answer when they had a forum and still the same old crap. Expecting people to come to an IRC chat in hopes that they can catch some answers. Only shows that this company will never change.  Not everyone can spend time on IRC 24/7.
    The only reason CG is willing to talk on IRC and not the forums is there isn't any (Or a lot less likley) written record of all the BS he says.

Yup, they don't like being held to their word and having operate like an honest business, not having anything in writing really covers your backside. I figured out RR was a nothing but lying subscription stealing bums about this time last year.  I admire your patience though.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Again, requested by a friend of mine (who still demanded to remain nameless) that I come here and read this: What questions would you like answered?

And several people (including myself) keep logs of all IRC activity.  I have logs from IRC over a year and a half ago when I opened the channel as a fan.  In the lack of MMOCenter Forums, I continued to use IRC and MMOLands as I always did.  If you'd like those logs, I'm sure somebody can provide them.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

Again, requested by a friend of mine (who still demanded to remain nameless) that I come here and read this: What questions would you like answered?
    And several people (including myself) keep logs of all IRC activity.  I have logs from IRC over a year and a half ago when I opened the channel as a fan.  In the lack of MMOCenter Forums, I continued to use IRC and MMOLands as I always did.  If you'd like those logs, I'm sure somebody can provide them.

What are you talking about? Logs from IRC? What? Why? Well ok, I want those from the Q&A session! :D Big success!

"What questions would you like answered?" Hmmm... tough one... how about the q the OP asked?

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by remyburke

We continue to try to come to a resolution with the Ghetti's about getting back MMOCenter, but really there's only so much we can do.  I'm not sure what "deal" you're looking to get answered, but we're all still here and working on Phylon.  Let me give a quick snippet update that might answer a question:

Around the end of January (I believe it was the 22nd, but don't quote me on that) we decided to delay the Beta testing so we could do more focus (I guess you could call it Alpha) testing within the studio and with our 2 GMs from Endless Ages that we invited to join us.  We're still in this stage as of right now (I just got killed while typing this actually), but things look pretty good to move forward.

We're spending some time with the questing right now, and populating the world with more NPCs.  Artists are already working on the next content pack, as is the Design team.  And our programmers are doing everything from server debugging, to taking a cruise (we hate you Steve), to adding features or expanding on existing ones.  Our Web Programmers are plugging away at their code as well, they're busy plugging away at tying the website directly into the game database to display live stats and information.

I think that's a pretty good brief rundown, is there anything else I can answer for you?

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• cronkgarrowcronkgarrow Member Posts: 4
    TBH CG I think it's HIGH time a replacement forum was put together - or do you now consider the MMOLANDS forum to be that replacement?  mmocenter.com may be gone for good as a domain - so I think you should just bite the bullent and use either rapidreality as startpoint, or start a whole new domain name.  This whole mess - nastily put together by the Ghetti's or not - should have been resolved by now.

Additionally - do RR actually have records of who has preordered and who hasn't? Is there a back copy of the forum before it was closed - coz if there wasn't that is down right shoddy organisation.

Yours, still patiently waiting for a Machines game that'll probably never happen.

Shass

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200
    Thanks for the update CG.  It would be nice if you updated us a little more often.
  • bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722

I have let this go for awile, but after weeks of silence and nothing changing I feel moved to point out your neverending line of lies. There are many things you "could" do you have just choosen not to. There are many examples of things you could do listed in these forums. You have just choosen the status-quo of ignoring those who have invested faith, time, money. Your 'New" management is every bit as bad as your old. No matter what RR accomplishes in development (if anything) the only thing that RR has been able to prove over the last year is they have no business being in business.

That's all RR does is delay things.  RR  hasn't been able to meet one of the half dozen or more deadlines you have given in over a year and half. These constent delays makes RR look like they have no clue about what they are doing. And, don't give me that BS line about every game delaying iot's production. It is completely different to give a rough number of 3-4 years in the future and then to update it as the production comes along. When you give a date on a month or two away and keep pushing iot back by a month and still not being able to meet your own deadlines... it is nothing less then incompetence.

Yeah, it sounds like this game still has a long way to go before beta. So what's going to be the excuse when April gets here and  you still have nothing to show?

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200
    I have to admit, Ive lost all fiath in RR.  I have never seen a company behave the way that they do.  No email to its subscribing customers, no communication at all to let us know whats going on.  How does a company like this stay in business?  Im at the point where it wouldnt ruin my day to see them close shop and never return.