Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First impressions

KugelnKugeln Member Posts: 151
My first impression is ok this game starts off a little slow i noticed there is no LvL's only a point system that im not sure how  it works yet everything seems decent for the time being little to no lag for me graphics run smoothly only thing is that there is little to no sound to the game which is what im gonna reconmend to them doing heh game needs sound badly. The people in Closed Beta seem to be nice great comunity :) Well i will let yall know more plus i can't get to detailed with the NDA

Comments

• vyktor73vyktor73 Member UncommonPosts: 25

Please let us know. Some of us haven't gotten our emails yet. imageimage

• KugelnKugeln Member Posts: 151
    Here is more info :P i was fighting for about 10 mins when i desided to try the crafting so i sold my loot and bought the stuff to start crafting spent erm 600 cash on the stuff and turned aroudn and made 4000 spent 2 form it and made 5000 more making a total of 7k i reached the conclusion that crafting is a way to make money at lower levels very easy to do and doesn't take long :P

• hawkwindhawkwind Member Posts: 124

someone said they got pkd 4 times in 10 minutes...image

i wonder if thats so...

Don't ya eat the yellow snow!

• KugelnKugeln Member Posts: 151
    hasn't happend to me but if anyone wants to group or do a guild my name in the game is Jahmerni

• GemiGemi Member Posts: 8

I played for about ten minutes also........about as long as i could stand it.

based on years and years of online gaming (from Realm to Swg and almost everything inbetween) this game is such a step backwards.

my number one complaint? how can a game with such limited graphics run so bad, seriously. ive played most of the mmorpgs on the market and they all run beautifully on my system, this on the other hand runs into the ground......mostly durring charector creation (i wont even mention how bad and that is). with the system i currently have i shouldnt have to turn all options down to low just so i can make the mouse pointer from jumping around and dragging.

I totally understand this is early beta, I do hope they tweek it up a few notches befor release or its not going to be in the same leage as the competition.

• TorotoroTorotoro Member Posts: 84

Before whining about the graphics, read the beta forum and seek posts about your graphic cards. The devs work on bug on some specific card. If you have that one, it's normal to have bad framerate and bad graphics (remember, it's a beta and not a fake beta as the WOW or SWG one).
    Graphics of Ryzom are stunning ! That's REAL fact and will soon be REAL for you too.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Originally posted by Gemi

based on years and years of online gaming (from Realm to Swg and almost everything inbetween) this game is such a step backwards.
    my number one complaint? how can a game with such limited graphics run so bad, seriously. ive played most of the mmorpgs on the market and they all run beautifully on my system, this on the other hand runs into the ground......mostly durring charector creation (i wont even mention how bad and that is). with the system i currently have i shouldnt have to turn all options down to low just so i can make the mouse pointer from jumping around and dragging.
    I totally understand this is early beta, I do hope they tweek it up a few notches befor release or its not going to be in the same leage as the competition.

Game is based on the Nel engine which is an opengl engine... Plain fact is ATI cards suck for the original Nel Engine.  I would suggest reading the forums before throwing away your beta, as you will find most people are getting by fine, and if you think the graphics are backwards then you are backwards.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• NeolanceNeolance Member Posts: 44

If you noticed it is only beta so not all options are not open for you to fiddle with.  That is the only thing wrong with the char creation

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    mispost
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Neas

Game is based on the Nel engine which is an opengl engine... Plain fact is ATI cards suck for the original Nel Engine.  I would suggest reading the forums before throwing away your beta, as you will find most people are getting by fine, and if you think the graphics are backwards then you are backwards.

Its not the ATI cards that suck. ATI cards are one of the highest performing cards on the market, the ATI Radeon 9800XT even beats the GF5950 Ultra in the majority of benchmark and game tests. Go check http://www.tomshardware.com/ if you dont believe me.

If a game doesnt support ATI card then its the game that sucks as ATI got well over 30 % of the PC market.

• CilarCilar Member Posts: 40

ATI cards aren't supported yet (OpenGL engine). They are developping a DirectX version of the game engine for ATI cards. See official forums.

• iddmitriiddmitri Member UncommonPosts: 671

Game graphics looks cool: chars, terain detail level, customization etc. Game interface is a little be confusing some improvements probably needed (step-by-step tutaorials or something like this). No background music yet  couse its still beta understandable. Overall I'm very pleased with the game developers did great job!

∙name: EViLD0G
    ∙clan: [EXE]
    ∙playing: EQ, SIMS, AC, AC2, DAoC, FFXI, AW, RS
    ∙planning: SoR

• JaggsterJaggster Member UncommonPosts: 25

Just wanted to post my comments so far....

First I will say that I was very happy to finally get my beta info and get into the game after the long wait from winning the beta account.  During my wait I actually got involved in the Lineage 2 beta and was playing that a while when i finally got into Ryzom.  

I will be honest...since getting into the Ryzom beta I have not played much at all.  I think after getting use to the graphics and interface of L2, Ryzom was a little disappointing to me.  I found getting up to speed in L2 a lot easier than getting up to speed in Ryzom.  Maybe it's not fair to compair these two very different MMORPGs, but having tried both, L2 rose to the top for me.  I know that through all the testing that Ryzom will probably look and play a lot differently as it gets closer to Release, but I had a real problem understanding the game system...even after going through the online help. 

I do plan on actually spending more time in game over the coming week so maybe my opinion will change given some time, but right now I have a hard time playing it particularly since L2 is a lot easier to play.  I will update my post here once I spend some more time in-game.

I am not giving up on it at all! ;-)

Jaggster