Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chapter 5 on TC!

ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Test Center has been updated with a testing version of Chapter 5. Notes for this update are:

Trader Expertise
  •  With Chapter 5, traders will gain two Expertise Trees:
  • Specialization - Traders that spend points in this tree will have the option to improve their assembly, experimentation, and overall crafting abilities for one or both of their crafting sub-types, including general crafting.
  • Production - Traders that spend points in this tree are able to improve their sampling, harvesting, factory, and merchant vendor efficiency.

New schematics are also available for the various trader professions throughout the expertise trees.

Reverse Engineering
  • With Chapter 5, traders will gain the ability to craft a reverse engineering tool. This ability is available at Novice Artisan.
  • Munitions, Domestics and Engineering Traders will be able to deconstruct items, weaponry, armor or clothing and also dropped “junk” items. Deconstructing an item through reverse engineering destroys the original item.
  • Deconstructed components may be used to create Skill Enhancing Attachments and Power-Ups that may be applied to armor, weapons and Clothing.
  • Weapons are now craftable with “sockets” to accommodate new Skill Enhancing Attachments that can now be created with Reverse Engineering.

Entertainer Expertise
  • With Chapter 5, entertainers will gain two Expertise Trees:
  • Drama - The drama tree offers actual combat effectiveness to the entertainer that desires to be able to participate in such activities. It will provide attack lines, additional armor and dodge defense, and at the high end of the tree... it will provide the ability to do limited inspiring performances without any static venue (such as a field tour or cantina).
  • Artiste - The artiste tree offers improvements corresponding to performing in general. This includes field tour efficiency bonuses, inspiring performance improvements, and advanced inspiring performances that grant commands or special abilities to the viewers. This tree also contains the ability to create Holographic band members

Build-a-Buff Inspiration
  • Build-a-Buff is a new system of Inspiration Buff that replaces the existing system and gives Entertainers the ability to provide unique, custom buffs for their customers.
  • Entertainers will be able to select from a wide range of modifiers and effects which are combined to create a single buff tailored to the needs of their patron.
  • The Build-a-Buff system allows for automatic and secure transfer of payment for services rendered between the Entertainer and patron
  • For those who wish to specialize in Inspiration, Expertise are also available for purchase that will allow the Entertainer access to special packages that allow different and more powerful effects to be added to their custom buffs.

Foraging
  • Foraging has been added back to Star Wars Galaxies Foraging, currently, can only give you bait for fishing.
  • Rules of foraging:

1. After attempting to forage in a location, you must move at least 5m to another location before atempting forage again.
  2. After a successful forage, you cannot forage in that spot again, this session. (per character)
  3. You have a 50% chance of getting bait, and 50% chance of getting nothing.
  4. Simular bait should now stack in your inventory, as you gather them.

Content:
  • Content: Mustafar - Decrepit Droid Factory: Fixed an error where the Factory Guardian would on ocassion be unlootable. - Decrepit Droid Factory: The Factory Guardian will now drop the Chef Enhancement Ring as intended. Droid Engineer: - Removed Draft Schematic entries for the Scout Trap Module, Stimpack Dispensor Module and the Medical Modules 1-6
  • Gendra's Quests are no longer showing an incorrect amount of experience when the quest is accepted.
  • Mustafar quest: - Lord Vartonis will now heal himself to full health in the intermission of the final fight.
  • Quest: Blistmok Heart, Xandank Jaw, and Tulrus Mandible quest items no longer grant their quest from the loot window. You must have them in your inventory in order to get the quest. This helps to avoid someone being granted the quest when they only meant to take the object.
  • Quest: You are now told that you no longer need the lockbox from the avatar platform prisoner quests when you try to access a it again after completing that step.
  • Quest Fix: Wrelaac Needs Proof quest can no longer be repeated.
  • Quest Fix:Fixed a code string in Holonet Braodcaster conversation. 
  • Quest Fix:Fixed a punctuation error in the Genocide quest. 
  • Quest Fix:Fixed a typo in the The Chirq Council: Assumed Identity quest.
  • Space: - The targets for the Imperial Destroy Duty mission from the Dathomir Space Station are now Tier 4 Rebel Craft

GCW:
  • GCW Item: When you use the comm link to call in reinforcements, they will now attack your intended target first, before any other targets in the area.
  • You must be Special Forces to enter a PvP region. Restuss and the Naboo, Corellia and Talus static bases.
  • Trying to enter a PvP region will no longer automatically switch you to Special Forces.
  • There is no longer a five minute delay when a player requests resignation from a faction.
  • There is now a four hour cooldwown after placing a GCW base before it will become vulnerable.
  • Increased GCW value for a normal ground target to 5 from 3
  • Periodic bonus GCW points from a PvP region is now modified by current GCW rank

Misc
  • Items granted in profession wheel that currently dont have quests now have the proper descriptions to reflect that they are just decorative items for your home.
  • Mustafar, Item: -The Mustafarian Blade Globe and Mustafarian Distance Globe has had their buff timer changed to a 60 second duration.
  • Bug Fix: Fixed issue where Mustafarian Injector's reuse timer would occasionally be wrong. Fixed issue where Shard of Ferocity and Mustafarian Injector buffs would overwrite each other.
  • Player Unity: - Selected Rings are no longer traded in the Unity Cerimony, players will instead wear the ring they choose. - A unity band will become untradable if it is not already so and will revert to tradable status should the unity be terminated. - Players must meet any profession/level requirments for equipping the unity ring to select that ring during the cerimony. - Game systems no longer enforce full time wear of unity rings; spouses may have their own opinion on the subject.
  • Restuss: The Crusader M-XX Heavy Rifle is now kinetic instead of energy. 
  • Droid Modues: Creature Harvest Module: Droids equipped with a harvest module set to auto harvest will attempt to harvest automatically after exiting combat.
  • Droid Modues: Detonation Module: Droids equipped with a Detonation Module will desplay the damage range along with the detonation power.
  • Droid Modues: Detonation Module: Increased detonation power by 33%
  • Items: Clone Trooper armor belts will no longer show armor stats. Previously they would show armor stats but not actually apply the bonus, as belts are not supposed to give armor.
  • UI: Numbers copied and pasted will now be limited to the same length as those typed in.
  • UI: Status information is now displayed over the intended target (the green bracket target) in addition to the look-at target (the blue bracket target). If you prefer to not have the extra status information, go into Options->Interface and uncheck "Show status information over the intended target".
  • Wookiee and Ithorian Vendors can now where Cybernetics
  • World: Survey Data Recorder near ‘Rryatt Trail Gate’ is no longer floating in the air.
  • World: The lamp on Inaldras desk is no longer floating.
  • Gameplay: - The proc effect from an elemental cold critical strike will now incrase damage taken by the target instead of a snare.
  • Spiral Kick range maximum range set to 10m

Professions
  • Medic "Reckless Stimulation" line of abilities will now correctly show the amount of action healed when used. For example, if you have full action, it will say +0 Action.
  • Medic: fixed issue with "Stasis Field" not working up to 48m.
  • Officer: Marksmanship Expertise modifiers now correctly grant the first 10 bonus Marksmanship Expertise now correctly shows the 4 tiers you can learn.

Vendors:
  • Vendor: Added "Relist Item" button and popup menu to the vendor stockroom window to allow for quickly putting selected items back up for sale using each item's previous price and seller description.
  • Vendor: To limit the amount of mail that is sent to the vendor owner when items for sale on the vendor are moved to the vendor stockroom, the following rules have been implemented to determine whether mail is sent to the vendor owner when an item for sale on the vendor is moved to the vendor stockroom. 1) If the vendor owner withdraws the sale of an item, no mail is sent to the vendor owner. 2) If the item expired because no one has bought the item, mail is sent to the vendor owner. No more mail will be sent to the vendor owner for subsequent items on that particular vendor that expire because no one has bought the item, until the vendor owner accesses the vendor or the galaxy is restarted. The definition of "access" is the same as the definition of "access" currently used to determine the various vendor operational states.
  • Vendor: When relisting an item from the vendor stockroom, for convenience, the Sell window will default the item's price and seller description with values from when the item was previously put up for sale.
  • Vendor: You can now select multiple items to relist from the vendor stockroom. When the the "Sell Item" button or popup menu in the vendor stockroom window is clicked, the Sell window will be displayed for each selected item where you can specify the price and seller description for the selected item.

Comments

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

sounds good obraik. i like these changes getting renewed interest in this game. although NGE is the unwanted stepchild of the family, its starting to grow a bit more into a better game from what it was, I dont like NGE but hey, this is star wars galaxies, like a marriage, go thru trouble and good times, thru thick and thin lol. I have a master DE and these are welcome changes. I can only hope they fix my wonderful BOunty hunter class a bit more, so i can go back to him til then im sticking tocommando. hahaha atleast for now. but thanx for the heads up ob, good to know, ill snatch up the TC soon. give it a go :P.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830
    Trying to enter a PvP region will no longer automatically switch you to Special Force

There will be exploits on this.
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Lateris

Trying to enter a PvP region will no longer automatically switch you to Special Force

There will be exploits on this.
    Uh, how?

• AthelaAthela Member Posts: 492

Obraik the wise, why don't any of my Test Center crafters have Professions or Expertise trees (gone from the menu).  Why are the only new schematics I see for the Structures Trader and that is some camps.  No other crafter has any new schematics.

Vendor re-list button is slick as anything though :)

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832
    Obraik, I have heard a nasty rumor  saying  the old Trader schem's will not convert with the new skills trees you all have. If that is true you are going to see th market flooded with worthless schems that folks won't be able to distinguish from the new ones unless the open each one and examine it.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

Originally posted by Athela

Obraik the wise, why don't any of my Test Center crafters have Professions or Expertise trees (gone from the menu).  Why are the only new schematics I see for the Structures Trader and that is some camps.  No other crafter has any new schematics.
    Not too sure, sounds like a bug.  Find a frog and respec around a bit wth it and see if that fixes it.  Structures also gets a bunch of new Shipwright schematics and new Elite versions of each harvestor type.

Originally posted by BaronJuJu

Obraik, I have heard a nasty rumor  saying  the old Trader schem's will not convert with the new skills trees you all have. If that is true you are going to see th market flooded with worthless schems that folks won't be able to distinguish from the new ones unless the open each one and examine it.
    I believe this is currently the way it's working, since they've changed the names of the different skill points in the professions.  This is TC though, and Chapter 5 is only a part of the Chapter is actually on TC for testing at the moment.  I'm not gonna worry too much about it right now (although I've reported it), since this includes things like Mando armour and BH armour which is unlikely to go unheard ;)

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Athela

Not too sure, sounds like a bug.  Find a frog and respec around a bit wth it and see if that fixes it.  Structures also gets a bunch of new Shipwright schematics and new Elite versions of each harvestor type.

How can four different characters be bugged?  Sounds like the crafter revamp isn't quite crafty enough yet.   They are all masters of their craft.  Why do I need to Blue Frog?
    Was just a suggestion :P   My crafter on TC got his expertise just fine :/  Using the frog to respec might fix the issue.

So, apparently the frogs were removed. so no go on that theory.

Also, once the chapter is on live there will be no frog for people.  When this is live and lots pf people have no profession skill tree at all because of this bug...ouch.

Looking like aside from camps structures got no new housing options, furniture, customization options.  I saw no comments in domestics from anyone making clothing about new schematics.  These are the two profs I know and care about.

It is really a surprise to me, even after all that has gone before, that they would do such a weak and shoddy pass on crafting, spending all their time on the re-engineering of loot aspect and none on the actual craft.  They at least gave some thought and care to the other professions and they do this mess for the patient and supportive crafters.  Beyond imagining.

Was the character originally leveled up by a frog or by the conventinal grind?

While I'm sure new clothing would be nice, it's not like SWG has a shortage of clothing options as it is.  Chapter 5 will make clothing somewhat more appealing to buyers as they'll be able to have some nice stats AND look good.  Currently you have to wear some ugly clothing if you want good stats.  Structures got the camps, new elite versions of each harvestor and a range of new space parts and components.  Chapter 5's main goal is about giving crafters new sustainable markets to sell in, rather then just throwing in a bunch of new stuff that can be made.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the base crafting system that the game has had since launch now.  If that had been changed or altered, then I think people, including myself, would be rather annoyed.

Originally posted by Obraik

Was the character originally leveled up by a frog or by the conventinal grind?
    While I'm sure new clothing would be nice, it's not like SWG has a shortage of clothing options as it is.  Chapter 5 will make clothing somewhat more appealing to buyers as they'll be able to have some nice stats AND look good.  Currently you have to wear some ugly clothing if you want good stats.  Structures got the camps, new elite versions of each harvestor and a range of new space parts and components.  Chapter 5's main goal is about giving crafters new sustainable markets to sell in, rather then just throwing in a bunch of new stuff that can be made.
    IMO, there's nothing wrong with the base crafting system that the game has had since launch now.  If that had been changed or altered, then I think people, including myself, would be rather annoyed.
    You have a gift for putting a positive spin on bad things.  I hope you are able to use this gift in the real world.  This revamp is a slap in the face to the most amazing crafting system thus far in games.  It deserved better.  As it stands, it reflects a lack of respect for players and the game itself.  This is no new thing, but it is still a sad thing.
    Not a spin at all, it's just my view on it ;)  I'm one of the more well known armoursmith's on my server, I do alot of crafting on a day by day basis.  While I'm (so far) not getting any new schematics, I'm still going to have alot of new ways to sell my stuff.