Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why was vangaurd released if it's not done

Why did they release it? Don't you think a companyt hat has trouble planning it's financial schedule is going to have trouble planning any schedule. Planning finances is like the easiest thing to do. Allt he information is givern and there are very few variables. Trust me i do this for a living. I work for microsoft.

Comments

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I have been playing online games since they existed.

EVERY mmo has had the same complaint when they are released.  It never fails.

• roadwarriorsroadwarriors Member Posts: 218

NO wow was 100 percent functional. UO was 100 perecent functional. So many games are released buggy as hell but the only one that ever became good after a buggy release was anarchy online out of the thousands. The ones that aren't released buggy are always magor blockbusters, ie. daoc....etc...etc. I played all these games the first day they came out aand even though they were 100 perecent function they were in teh 90 perecent range. This game is like in the 45 percent range. No once again not an opinion. I'm quantifying it comparetivly speaking so it's fact.

deal chum.

• ixontesixontes Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Originally posted by roadwarriors

NO wow was 100 percent functional. UO was 100 perecent functional. So many games are released buggy as hell but the only one that ever became good after a buggy release was anarchy online out of the thousands. The ones that aren't released buggy are always magor blockbusters, ie. daoc....etc...etc. I played all these games the first day they came out aand even though they were 100 perecent function they were in teh 90 perecent range. This game is like in the 45 percent range. No once again not an opinion. I'm quantifying it comparetivly speaking so it's fact.

deal chum.
    UO was fully functional??? WTF?

I tell you one thing, don't come to the MMORPG forums if you want to find a home in a game. More people bitch in here than anywhere else I have gone. You can state something about a game and you are either a fanboi or a hater. I don't come here anymore to ask "so what do you guys think about game X?"

If they don't release it, it loses appeal and people bitch that it's taking too long. If they do release it, it is buggy and people bitch about that. All these companies are just taking your money and that's all they care about. Well, DUH!? Why do you go to work? cause you like being there? Howz about going to work and not get paid???

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    My point was no matter what game is released there will always be a group that says its not ready. 
  • SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

WoW was polished when released. The only problem was that some servers were allowed to swell beyond numbers they could not handle effectively and became overcrowded. Blizzard should have hard capped all servers but they did not. The server I played on had no problems whatsoever. I never encountered broken quests, non functioning skills, pathing issues, missing content etc.

A lot of MMOGs are problematic at release but that is not an excuse. Gamers are less tolerant these days and justifiably expect a polished product.

I am convinced SOE told Sigil to release the product early. SOE has a history of releasing their own games incomplete and expecting customers to pay for the beta.

• PicklefootPicklefoot Member Posts: 218
    Umm, its the second (I believe) day of release. It just came out of beta, give it some time. I will probably never play it because of the 50 topics/replies about it sucking so bad. But bugs will get fixed soon. They want people to keep paying for the game.

Oh, I almost forgot to answer the question.

"Why was Vanguard released if it's not done"

Because SOE in general is a terrible company.

--------------------------------------------------

• FadeFade Member Posts: 419

deal chum.
    wrong, WoW was not 100% complete, it was missing its entire pvp system for 1 thing, and had a multitude of bugs just like every other mmo on release.

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

• ixontesixontes Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Originally posted by Picklefoot

Umm, its the second (I believe) day of release. It just came out of beta, give it some time. I will probably never play it because of the 50 topics/replies about it sucking so bad. But bugs will get fixed soon. They want people to keep paying for the game.
    See, thats the problem. Somebody is going to bitch about something. People complain about SOE, the community in WoW, no game content in game x, game y has bad graphics, the pvp in game z is stoopid.

If one comes in here looking for a home, good luck, cause you are going to have to filter through the fanbois and bitchers to see if the game is any good.

I am going to give Vanguard a try. I am doing it without considering anything said on these forums. I just gotta wait until I get paid tomorrow
  • geemonkeygeemonkey Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Fade

deal chum.
    wrong, WoW was not 100% complete, it was missing its entire pvp system for 1 thing, and had a multitude of bugs just like every other mmo on release.

lol, i remember the killer boats that kicked you halfway across azeroth, good thing that was fixed, still hate them boats though...
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by ixontes

See, thats the problem. Somebody is going to bitch about something. People complain about SOE, the community in WoW, no game content in game x, game y has bad graphics, the pvp in game z is stoopid.

If one comes in here looking for a home, good luck, cause you are going to have to filter through the fanbois and bitchers to see if the game is any good.

I am going to give Vanguard a try. I am doing it without considering anything said on these forums. I just gotta wait until I get paid tomorrow

I have to say, I agree with you. I've never seen so many angry, whining complainers than on this site. People complain and rip a game apart when it is in beta BETA!

Quite frankly, If I was a game company I would probably not have a beta at all until the game was ready for release because too many people can't seem to get over the idea that a beta is a time to test things as well as change things. A real beta that is.

I say that if you like the idea of a game, play it. If you don't like things about it and can't get over certain aspects then just move on.

Live is too short.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

deal chum.

Were we playing the same WOW at launch?   I mean I got stuck on mining nodes constantly for the first 3 months mine a node in a particular spot get suck in looting until you log out.    Quest npc were killable, there were entire areas of the game with no NPCs what so ever because the super elite dragon spawns meant to go there werent' ready.   Battlegrounds left out because they weren't ready even tho they kept saying we're gonna have it.   Log in issues, boots, server crashes the infamous fall through the world, HA the best one which happens sometimes still walking along get booted come back and your falling through the sky for about oh i dont know 2 mins then boom dead in a completely random area far from where you were when you were booted.     Insane balance issues between classes and abilities (which still gets bitched about more than any other game ever).

MMO's at launch are never ready.   Eventually after so many years companies have to start collecting the cash in order to pay employees.    I played during part of the Vanguard beta and I would say it was no more complete or incomplete than most games.  

For gods sake if you like WOW or whatever other MMO and you don't plan to play this game then just shut up.   Granted people want to hear what others think but if you can't be constructive and unbiased then your judgement is completely worthless.   

i'm not a wow hater just to note but lets be real blizzard isn't perfect and neither is any other company. 

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• PicklefootPicklefoot Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by ixontes

Good luck, I hope you like it. I played a bard in beta, I found that to be a pretty badass class. Major damage and you can put songs together like say. One note enables you to run faster, the second note decreases the mana used per second to 0, and the third note makes it so you don't get hurt when you jump off buildings. It was simple to learn.. they're not called notes, it was something like "Chorus, Acoustic, etc."

So I did play in beta, I didn't find it fun. Infact I stopped playing an hour later. So at the moment, I know you aren't going to listen to me :P but save your money until they have a trial. SOE always has a trial atleast.

OH AND TO THE GUY THAT WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BETA-

Nowadays open betas shouldn't even be considered betas. People use them to get hyped up for the game, I have never honestly seen developers from large companies take any open beta tester's opinion seriously even if hundreds of community members agree and ask for support. Especially when they set their open beta on fileplanet two weeks before launch, its obviously just to promote the game.

--------------------------------------------------

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

so it can start making money as soon as possible, while also fixing the problems.

• goomba667goomba667 Member Posts: 43
    $OE

SWG Refugee

Bloodfin Server - Starke

• TaguritTagurit Member Posts: 309
    Originally posted by nomadian

so it can start making money as soon as possible, while also fixing the problems.
    Originally posted by goomba667

$OE

...and if you combine these two statements you get that SOE used their greed to bully SIGIL.

We all know that the greed of SOE knows no rivals
  • GrokarGrokar Member Posts: 3
    They have one rival... it micro$oft!
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    So you are basically paying to play beta?? I always wait at least 3+ months when a game is released to retail stores. Most of the time after 3+ months the game is a little more stable, the community levels out, and sometimes the game i$ marked down.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• KnivesOnlyKnivesOnly Member Posts: 401
    WOW was pretty much how it is now at launch minus a few dungeons and the PVP rank system + battlegrounds and the expansion. It set the standard for how future mmorpgs should be launch, sorry but if your not released like WOW was from now on then your games not going to do too well.

• OhaanOhaan Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    I have to say, I agree with you. I've never seen so many angry, whining complainers than on this site. People complain and rip a game apart when it is in beta BETA!
    Quite frankly, If I was a game company I would probably not have a beta at all until the game was ready for release because too many people can't seem to get over the idea that a beta is a time to test things as well as change things. A real beta that is.
    I say that if you like the idea of a game, play it. If you don't like things about it and can't get over certain aspects then just move on.
    Unless developers have very deep pockets, they will have to answer to those providing the funding. Maybe a suit-and-tie-guy walks into your office on November 31st and says that your investors are looking for tax write offs before December 31; You have 30 days to start bringing in money or they pull your financing. Or perhaps you have run out of money and the staff say they will leave if you dont pay up. In these cases its not a question of when YOU release the game but a question or if you are going to release it now or not at all.

It seems that many teams just bite off more than they can chew instead of being realistic with the available resources. As the consumer we are partly to blame because we say that we want a full-featured game and we wanted it yesterday, dammit! I think we need to show SOME tolerance for technical problems given the complexities of MMOs however I also think that companies have to stop releasing games that have incomplete features or bugs that affect a sizable portion of the player base.
  • pschumac2pschumac2 Member Posts: 44

deal chum.

Realllly hate to burst your bubble but WoW had 3-6 hour queues when it launched.

UO had a huge amount of server problems.  I remeber when gms would spawn orcs for us and accidentally crash the server.  Don´t forget UO is the only mmo in history to actually RECALL its boxes because they could not accomodate people on the servers.  The recall lasted 2 weeks.

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688
    The thing is MMORPGs are never done, at least not until they are shut down.

With that said you will find a lot of developers are forced to release products sooner than even THEY want. It is the nature of the gaming business. While a game is in production it isn't making money, and publishers are greedy little buggers.

Not that i have noticed ANY problems in my time in Vanguard yet, apart from the usual server downtime.
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I will never blame a company that try to save it game the best.

"Early" release was the only possible solution in this case.

Yet, they somehow enforce raiding, that is quite stubborn of them; they must know that more players will aggro against raiding than players who will actually enjoy this raiding-enforcement.  They must really value LoS, FoH and AL, which are exactly the players that I despite above all.

But "early" release isn't that bad, a game has to try to survive rather than never release.  5 years is not really "early", the next step would be to ask that your son finishes your game for you once you are dead of old age!  5 years is a LONG time in the gaming industry, most hardcore gamers replace computers not once, but twice; nearly all casuals replace the computer at least once.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Originally posted by kb4blu

My point was no matter what game is released there will always be a group that says its not ready. 

And im sure you were never apart of that group b/c every MMO you played was always 100% ready for release... right? A company should not release a game if its not 100% done. We as the consumer should not have to pay a half ass product. Its like going to a grocery store and buying a package of eggs, paying full price for it only to go home an find half of the eggs are missing, think you got your moneys worth on that purchase? didnt think so.

• CaligulugCaligulug Member Posts: 283
    Listen the OP is right period. This game is bug ridden, more bugs than an Orkin commercial even. I have been playing it since friday and almost every single thing I have done i have encountered bugs. Broken missions, broken buttons, mobs that disapear while your fighting them but they can still hit you, Broken doors, When you zone you NEVER know where your going to wind up, when you zone you never know if your going to come out on the other side wearing just your underwear, Over powered mobs, Numerous diplomacy bugs, numerous crafting bugs, broken work orders. The bug list is retardedly long for a game that was this hyped.

Those that say that this is not a grind game are also nuts. Between levels 8-10 I killed arroximatly 400 mobs. I dont know about you but spending 5-6 hours doing nothing but killing the same mobs over and over counts as a grind to me. Not to mention there isnt a number involved with exp, theres just a bar that very slowly fills up as you kill. At least if there were numbers involved you could make a few calculations as to what you have to kill and how many so some kind of ryme or reason could be added into the equation.

Also I have the game set to "highest Performance" as this is the only way to get FPS above like 10. On this setting the game looks like some old Atari games I used to play when I was 8. Before you say it, I know it must be my POS comp not this unfinished game right?

The shout channel is nothing but people whining about this is broke that is broke why did sigil release this game in this stage.

Now with those things said, It does look like it could in a year or twos time be a very nice game. the diplomacy and crafting look promising however they are just not working properly. Combat is an utter failer and is completly broken at this time. Combat is neither fun nor productive. At least it doesnt feel productive in the sense that after killing so many mobs your hands hurt your exp bar has barley moved. I sure you can count on this game to frankly just be another hohum release that goes nowhere.

I was pulling for this game and didnt beleive the beta testers that were saying it was in bad shape but I now see not only were they right but sigil and soe should have listened to them. I could have been a great game but it just is not finished and people will not buy and pay to play a broken game. I have played almost every single MMO that has ever been released and have watched so many sold in this condition with devs and vanbois touting how it is going to be AWSUME in six months just pay your monthly sub and keep you mouth shut. Im sorry but too many people are wise to this stratagy and wont have the wool pulled over thier eyes anymore. 2-3 years ago sure you could BS a community into this but way too many players have wised up.

Cal

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Yep, and thanks to SOE, this is how and why players have wised up. Thanks to SOE people wont buy or play a broken game anymore. Thanks to SOE, people now know not to trust a company who make a crap load of promises only to see it never happen. Thanks to SOE people will no longer listen to these devs, we as the consumer want to see it happen, if it dont happen then we dont give them what they want, and that is our money.

Thanks SOE, you made a better consumer out of me. Now thanks to SOE, i will monitor how other company's act towards their customers, and how they treat them.