Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about to buy XBOX 360

I'm currently thinking about to buy a XBOX 360 or not. I'm sure it will be interesting to play an MMORPG on a console with no laggs(clientside).

Vote please!

BTW: Don't tell me to buy a PS3!

Comments

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356
    I don't think there are any MMORPGs currently out for the 360, althougb correct me if I am wrong.

However it is a fun system with plenty of fun games, so I think you will enjoy it.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Final Fantasy XI is out on the Xbox360,and although its not really an MMORPG (its the same setup as Guild Wars) Phantasy Star Universe is on Xbox360, and Age of Conan is comming up as well. If you enjoy online gaming, then Xbox360 is a good choice.
  • dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482
    And Marvel mmo & Huxley (mmofps) are gonna be on 360 :). Dont forget youl be able to expirience Gears of War franchise etc on it. I have it and i think its a great sistem. Go buy it, you wont regred it

• noname12345noname12345 Member Posts: 2,267

I have one but prepare to spend A LOT of money on it. The newer games cost $60, then you need an Xbox Live subscription, Xbox Quick Charge kit $30 (or else spend money on buying batteries over and over again), second controller to play with friends $50....ect

It is nice to be able to sit back on my couch and play on the big TV instead of on my PC, however the games out for Xbox360 aren't that great imo. The good games on Xbox are available for PC aswell (Oblivion, Rainbow Six Vegas).

If I were you I would spend the money upgrading your PC and play all the mmorpgs you like instead of the 2 that are coming out for Xbox360 (AoC, Huxley). By then you might even want/have to buy a keyboard and mouse to play them or get stuck with a controller. I know I would like to use my k&m for playing first person shooters on my Xbox but I have to spend $80 on a crappy third party converter.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Thats true, be prepared to put a lot of money into it. its a very expensive system, thats for sure,
  • LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994
    I have never been a console person, and have in fact hated the ones I have bought in the past, except the first Nintendo and N64.  I love the Xbox 360.  I also usually hate single player FPS type games, but playing Gears of War on the console was awesome in single player mode.  I just beat it and I think its the most fun ive had in an FPS (er third person view shooter?).

There a ton of games coming out this year that look great.  Crackdown looks pretty cool, The Darkness (same makers of Gears of War and the Chronicles of Riddick games, I believe), Age of Conan, Assassins Creed, Halo 3 possibly and a ton more.
  • 4uron4uron Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by AlexAmore

I have one but prepare to spend A LOT of money on it. The newer games cost $60, then you need an Xbox Live subscription, Xbox Quick Charge kit $30 (or else spend money on buying batteries over and over again), second controller to play with friends $50....ect
    It is nice to be able to sit back on my couch and play on the big TV instead of on my PC, however the games out for Xbox360 aren't that great imo. The good games on Xbox are available for PC aswell (Oblivion, Rainbow Six Vegas).
    If I were you I would spend the money upgrading your PC and play all the mmorpgs you like instead of the 2 that are coming out for Xbox360 (AoC, Huxley). By then you might even want/have to buy a keyboard and mouse to play them or get stuck with a controller. I know I would like to use my k&m for playing first person shooters on my Xbox but I have to spend $80 on a crappy third party converter.
    I've already thought to upgrade my system (currently AMD64 3500+, 1GB RAM the bad part is GeForce 7300LE), naah maybe later.

Yeah XBOX 360 is not that cheap but I want to play online games on a console. I got Hardware Online for my PS2 and I can play it much longer than some other online games on my computer. It's another feeling when I play..well...it's more confortable to lie on a sofa I think you know what I mean.