Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game choice advice!! back to RO?

PhixuPhixu Member Posts: 3

i've played on a private server of RO 2-3 years ago.....(XaosRO) and enjoyed it alot until the server crashed....and everything was restarted after a few months.....

im really wondering if RO is worth another try.....

these are some games that i have played before:

- World of Warcraft (too complex, TOO many quests)

- Silkroad (quests are just lame)

- Knight Online (too many botters, and u cant login most of the time unless ur p2p)

- Tibia (...moved on...)

- Runescape (it was....alright....)

- Maplestory (...i regret trying that game)

and a handfull of other mmorpgs.....

quests are just not my thing.....and overly complex mmorpg's that require too much teamplay arent my thing either (WoW)....

im just wondering if it's worth paying to play iRO..... i heard there are lots of botters?

i've never tried iRO before and only played on private servers.....

but now, i wanna choose one specific mmorpg and focus on it and stay....tired of switching from to game.....

thanks for everyone's advice and opinions in advance =)

Comments

• LittoNekoLittoNeko Member Posts: 1
    go to Iro. its fun, the people are nice, and beats out any private server out there no matter what the other people say. theres not to many bots, just ignore them, and if you wanna get away form them join the iris or sakray servers. RO is very easy to understand, and quests are optinol ^^ the pvp is fun.... well that is saying if you can take on the transended classes. but WoE is one of the best things in this next to its communitie. yah id say go to iro.
  • AthleticAthletic Member Posts: 13

I think you should be the one to tell us whether or not to play RO since you have played it for 2 - 3 years. None the less, Maplestory is alot better of a game then you give credit. Maby you should try a game that doesn't deal with grinding. Like, Counterstrike, you could try to get on a leauge and be productive in the CS community. Just some options to throw out there.

• PhixuPhixu Member Posts: 3

nah~ im talkin bout MMORPG's here..... not stuff like CS =P

and i dun like games with a ton of quests like Silkroad, WoW, etc....

i loved the private RO server i played before XaosRO, but after all....it IS a private server....and im sure the size of the community on private servers is not comparable to iRO.....

but again.... the question is.... is it worth payin monthly to play iRO rather than playin on private servers?

is there a big difference?

any advantages?

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

There are several huge difference, I will list them:

1. Customer Support
    2. Stable Software
    3. High-Quality Servers
    4. Player data hasn't been wiped since December 2002
    5. Several hundreds to thousands players on each server.  Maybe about 25% online.
    6. Having non-emulated updates.  On private servers, all updates since clocktower are actually based on an estimation of the actual game calculations, this causes irregularities.
    7. Updates 6 months behind kRO Sakray, 3 months behind kRO main.  Usually private servers don't perfect the actual update to be playable until a month after the update happens on iRO.
    8. You aren't stealing the software from the company who made it.

• PhixuPhixu Member Posts: 3

hmm....thanks for the list....

the point i thought was most important was that accounts werent wiped since 2002......

is it true that it's easy for private servers to go through a wipe and lose everyone's accounts?

also.......i noticed, after checking out homepages of a few private RO servers....that they have some sort of  "rates".....

can anyone give me some info on what those are exactly?

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Private servers are categorized by thier rates, Low Rate and High Rate.  The rate is how many times more exp you get.  Like Hardcore servers have 0.25% rate which is 4 times longer to level then normal.  While others have 10k times rate which is you gain 51 levels from killing 1 poring.

Yes data on a private server is that fragile.  Its in constant subject to human error, hacking, crashing, and forced shutdown.  Ohh ya I forgot to mention iROs security system.  Back in 2003 it got hacked and it lost alot of customers, so as a result they implemented a very expensive security system.  iRO hasn't been hacked since then.