Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Has Begun!!!

BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

I just read on markee dragon that UXO recently began invitation only beta testing.  This is wonderful news for all of us!!  If anyone out there is a tester please let us know all the fun things you do (if you can).  Also, can you confirm or deny this InQWis? 

So excited!!

The Beez

Comments

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    Where did you see this?

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

I read it on Markee Dragon, it's a UXO fansite.  Go to UXO.EA.COM then fansites or forums.  www.markeedragon.com/uxo.php

The Beez

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    How were they given out? Did I miss the sign-ups or something? Or was it more of a closed test restricted to fansites?

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

Seems as though it was 100 people, and those were chosen back in January or something...  So yeah, we both missed the sign-ups I think.

The Beez

• InQWisInQWis UXO ProducerMember Posts: 12

Guys,

I think someone's having a bit of an April Fool's moment with you.

-InQWis

Crap,

Sounded too good to be true... but it's not even April, lol.  Lesson learned--don't read news announcements on Markeedragon :)

We aren't the only ones who fell for it.  All the kids over at stratics bought into it as well. 

Thanks, InQWis.

The Beez

• GathamGatham Member UncommonPosts: 8

InQWis

so waht exactly is the joke?

the start of beta? or the email rumor?

or even both?

The Beta program has not been started.

I have no knowledge of the email.  It is certainly possible that one of our development partners has reached out to the community through an email.  But, it definately has nothing to do with a beta program.

-InQWis

• Nmbr6Nmbr6 Member Posts: 73
    I can't believe you guys fell for that, anything that you read today is fake anyway(especially about betas). The moderators should be locking all the posts that have to do with april fool jokes. Anyway, the beta for uxo isn't expected until Q4.

--------------------
    Ultima X Guild-
    Guardians of Scotland

--------------------
    "Those who sacrifice liberty in the name of security deserve neither"- Ben Franklin

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages."- Number Six's speech from "Free for All"

Actually, I read it on the 26th.  So count it as an early April's Fools joke.  But yeah, I'm a dummy.

The Beez

I checked -

The email is real.

The part about Beta starting is a rumor.

-InQWis

• LunitariLunitari Member Posts: 32
    Nothing really wrong with an april fools joke...the beta was a very appropriate email joke that I probably would have fallen for as well...had I been monitoring that fansite, anyways hehehe.

Bartle's test results

Explorer 73%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 20%

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Like InQ said, beta hasnt started nor has beta testing began, but (from what i have read) EA did select a few well known members of the press to test the game in an alpha/pre-alpha stage. Only about 10 people were selected and whether or not this testing has begun or even has plans to is beyond me.

• VepoVepo Member Posts: 114
    I have a friend that is a GM for EA Games who used too moderate the Official Lineage 2 Forums with me. I can always ask her if the beta was ever started, but i've never seen any information regrading this since I heard about UXO.

-----------------------------------------
    Beta Tested: Dark Age of Camelot (EU), Ragnarok Online, Knights Online, City of Heroes, Lineage 2, World of Warcraft (US), Matrix Online.

• scx316scx316 Member Posts: 106
    thats so stupid that they didn't even have a sign-up. how they gana have a good beta if they don't have alot of people signed up for beta. I hope they atleast have a sign-up.

• ConerValloreConerVallore Member Posts: 36

UXO will have a sign-up before beta starts :)

Right now UXO is not at that point yet. Give them some time and im sure you will see more info on beta :)

----------------
    www.TheTeutonicOrder.com
    www.UXOFightNight.com

• ReebdoogReebdoog Member Posts: 56

This can't be true. The designer said that there would be only ONE phase of testing as they want to have the product pretty much complete by that point. There won't be a "test animations, test moving, test this, test that" bunch of phases.

Sorry, but they stated that this just won't happen. Besides. I've got 3 spots already lined up by winning a contest here as well as getting into the guild crest finals with a couple entries and I haven't heard squat.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043
    Like its been said before, its not (wasnt) an official beta, its completly unkown by the general public if this secretive testing has even started yet, or whats going on with the game. After all, they have to do internal testing to get the product 'perfect', then they let people mash in on it and have fun while testing at the same time. Just be patient, we've all been waiting a long time and theres some who have been waiting alot longer than others.

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

I don't think the beta is going to happen. Actually, it can sway both ways because on one hand they've set the release date for early 2004 and now its mid 2004 soon to be mid-late and then late 2004. lol. but the fact that they have not said anything to it's supporting fan base for almost 3 months is amazing. I doubt they have started the beta, they would be very eager to tell us. Maybe they started the beta and decided to cancel it because there were extensive problems or something. Whatever it is, I hope they have started the beta, it's almost July and this thread was started in April!

If they start the beta, everyone will be happy! ^ ^

サ ー ス ベ ン

• ConerValloreConerVallore Member Posts: 36

The release date on the site is wrong... the site has not been updated in 3-4 months.

I would expect that if the game keeps on living we will see info in a month or two, beta sometime in or after September and release sometime early 2005.

This is all unofficial, but they are really good bets based on a few facts (like EnB closing in Sept).

----------------
    www.TheTeutonicOrder.com
    www.UXOFightNight.com

• vbarravbarra Member Posts: 2
    We all kno wnow beta is never coming.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Just let him have his minute...  image

What will he do next?
  • galefan2004galefan2004 Member Posts: 127
    Even before the game was cancelled I can't beleive anyone could buy something like this without checking their facts. The old UXO site said that beta signups had not been conducted and beta hadn't started in their FAQ.

• Schonk31Schonk31 Member Posts: 72

Another MMO bites the dust. I wonder what Lord British was thinking when EA announced the termination of UXO?

Schonk 22 Reaver - Horizons
    Icedeath 50 Ice Wizard - DAoC
    Schonk 48 Hunter - DAoC
    Schonk Bounty Hunter - SWG
    Schonk 20 Monk - FFXI
    Schonk 48 ShadowKnight - EQ

• MadgunzMadgunz Member Posts: 35
    This game ne good?

??˜°³ª¹º†Madgunz†º¹ª³˜??