Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EvE online something for me?

YodaGreenYodaGreen Member UncommonPosts: 77
I loved FreeSpace 1-2, Starlancer and Freelancer. I love pvp cuz there is nothing like a human vs human. But eve online has been around for couple of years now , is it safe to say I will never be able to catch up with veterans from what I know about skills. Does it really take few months before I get skills so I can be able to participate in pvp. I love how players in eve are teritorial, guilds vs guilds pvp, politics and so on. I can play atmost 2h a day is that too litle? So what you guys think sould I give eve a shot or should I just ignore it as i have til now.

Comments

• remusus03remusus03 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Firstly , yes  give it a shot , but since u said about PVP as the main part , u got to see that , eve means wat u lose is like reality , not like wow where u die , but havent lost anything but in the case of eve u lose it completely or may be more of the stuff depengin upon wat cud have survived. SO , ur main point is to go with knowing and scanning out palces where u find places less guarded with Anti-Pirates if ur turning into a pirate and attack only if u have the oppurnity , rembr, the setup which u get in the beigning witha suicidal Frigate is pretty deadly againt a , skilled player witha bad setup..it all depends upon how u attack , ur setup , the time of attack and wat ur up against. If not , simply join a CORPORATION  which will give u the basic PVP training for u , and goes together as a group with PVP hunts
  • BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298
    Give it a try. 

You wont "catch up" to the vets persay but the skills have a cap so you can become just as good/perficient in a ship class as someone thats been playing years longer then you have.  The vets can just fly more ship/use more stuff then you can.  With the new character creation you can be ready to participate in Pvp with in a couple days.  Just train up to use warp disruptors, stasis webbifiers, and microwarp drive and you will become a major asset on the battlefield. 

Eve is designed for people who cant play 8+ hours a day so 2 hours a day works well.  I play 2-3 hours a day and do very well.
  • MondeMonde Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by BigDave7481

Give it a try. 

You wont "catch up" to the vets persay but the skills have a cap so you can become just as good/perficient in a ship class as someone thats been playing years longer then you have.  The vets can just fly more ship/use more stuff then you can.  With the new character creation you can be ready to participate in Pvp with in a couple days.  Just train up to use warp disruptors, stasis webbifiers, and microwarp drive and you will become a major asset on the battlefield. 

Eve is designed for people who cant play 8+ hours a day so 2 hours a day works well.  I play 2-3 hours a day and do very well.

I agree 100%

If you focus on a specific ship you can PVP really quickly and win. One of our Corp members has been playing for less than a month and PVP's really well in a T1 frigate. He has placed all of his skills into being a Frigate Pilot so he is tough as nails and takes down cruisers that cannot hit him.

• YodaGreenYodaGreen Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Thanks guys, I will get my trial today after work but first I am going to use all of my free time at work to read newbie guides.
  • DrinkMilkDrinkMilk Member Posts: 31

Deffently try it out. Another good thing about Eve is since you are a working person Eves skills train while offline, this is a great thing for the working class since there is no pressure in needing to play every day to progress.

Keep in mind that when playing the trail you cannot train all skills.

• YodaGreenYodaGreen Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by DrinkMilk

Deffently try it out. Another good thing about Eve is since you are a working person Eves skills train while offline, this is a great thing for the working class since there is no pressure in needing to play every day to progress.
    Keep in mind that when playing the trail you cannot train all skills.
    That was great tip, should I just go ahead and buy the game if its gonna make my first impression of the game better do I get a shit or sommething?
  • DrinkMilkDrinkMilk Member Posts: 31
    Nah, I would still test out the free trail. It gives you at least an impression of the game.
    I would suggest you follow the tutorial to the letter to get a feel of the game. It takes you through most of the basic things you need to know.
    Then just play freely. When you finnaly hit a "bump" like skills you cant train due to the trail limitations etc. Then start thinking if you really enjoyed it and want more.

In my opinion if you just bought the game, you would "waist" valubul game time on learning the game. Buts its your call really. I still think testing the trail is the best thing to do if you have not played it before.