Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering checking out RO, but confused about a couple of things

FaurFaur Member Posts: 330
First of all, when I google "ragnarok online", it comes up with a bunch of sites all offering subscriptions, free trials and whatnot. What's the difference? Several of them seem to be international english. I'm also seeing "iRO" being mentioned a lot, is this a special version of RO or does the "i" just stand for "international"?

Which one should I choose if I'm in europe and my friend is in NA?

Secondly, I'm looking at some of the lists over jobs, and while the lists itself are all well and good, they don't say much about progression. All I know is that you start out as novice, then move on to "1st job class", but after that it's all a bit fuzzy. The site I'm looking at lists "2-1 jobs", "2-2 jobs", "2-1 transcendent jobs", "2-2 transendent jobs", "1st extended jobs", "2nd extended jobs".

How do you progress through all this? Do you ultimately end up in just one of these categories (say, novice -> 1st job -> 2-1 job -> 2-2 job -> 2-1 transcendent -> 2-2 transcendent -> 1st ext -> 2nd ext), or do you go from 1st job and choose any of the listed jobs as your final one (say, novice -> 1st job -> 2-1 transcendent)?

Thanks.

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

iRO is international RO which is the server for NA and any other country without service.  If you play it from Europe your probably gonna have lag, but its the server your friend would play on.

Job progression is like this

Novice to first job.  Then when you hit second job you have a choice of 2 classes arcing from your first job.  Its like choosing your first class you have choices.  Then when you hit 99, you can transcend and become a level 1 novice again to become an Advanced Second Class with several benefits.

• euangelioneuangelion Member Posts: 109
    Check out Ro-Guardians.com they have some great class guides and links to stat and equipment caculators ^_^

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
    Currently Playing: Tera

• FaurFaur Member Posts: 330
    Thanks, me and my friend got iRO working with no hitches, we went to Iris and I started a ranger while she went mage.

I don't suppose there are any RO irc channels or english forums I could check out? The official iRO ones looked pretty awkward both in terms of layout and the content posted there.

At the moment I'm mostly trying to figure out what items are worth keeping, selling to players, or selling to the npc.
  • euangelioneuangelion Member Posts: 109
    the one I posted above has pretty good forums, and if you google iro you can find many sites with guides.

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
    Currently Playing: Tera