Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about playing EVE? Advice after 5 months of play

TEDMOLLY0TEDMOLLY0 Member Posts: 33

So you're thinking about playing EVE?  As someone who plays it everyday for the past 5 months, I can tell you its great! Its a fun game. Its a dangerous game. Know the rules. Read the forums....a lot ....and it WILL save you grief.  This is not WOW. When you die, and you will die, you really die, unless you've kept your clone up to date. You won't safely respawn with all your gear and skills. In fact, if you're not careful, you will lose absolutely everything you've worked hard for...and I mean EVERYTHING...including your skills.   I'll repeat what I said: read the guides, read the forums and you won't lose everything.

My take: The graphics are cool!  The community is very mature and intelligent. There is ALWAYS help on the help channel.  There is ALWAYS help on the forums. The game world is HUGE. The game itself is very complex. Bring a calculator. You'll have fun. I highly recommend it, especially for people that may not be able to log on much as the skill training occurs automatically (there is no level grinding).  This game is really great if you need an escape from everyone and just want to be alone. Don't forget: in space, no one can hear you &*%^$# (insert rude noise of choice here).

Dr. B

Comments

• MondeMonde Member Posts: 133

Cool Post.

Best thing to say when you kill someone? "Suck Void Evil Do'er!"

• TEDMOLLY0TEDMOLLY0 Member Posts: 33
    Thx Monde

Dr. B

• DrunkenWDrunkenW Member Posts: 250
    Good to see a positive take on EvE. Glad you like it.

Eve really is what you make of it. It's a unique experience for everyone :) It's very hard to describe Eve-online in words. Not two people play it alike. Its so different from all other games and even if you try it and didnt like it, I'd say its still worth it,  it is a game you should try.