Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some help with modelling

RPGnubRPGnub Member Posts: 96
So I recently tried my hands on modelling in SL's sandbox areas. After playing around with the different options but to be honest I didn't find it as easy and intuitive as people told me it would be. I tried to search for a guide that would answer this specific question of mine but found myself unable to find any.

The problem I have is that I am unable to link different primitives into one item and after trying every available option in the editor I am now asking the SL players/modellers around here whether I could get some help with that.

(Of course hinting me to a guide that would answer this specific question and more would greatly help as well. )

Comments

• SundiverSundiver Member CommonPosts: 27
    Short answer: Select all the prims and hit Ctrl + L (group prims). At least I think that is what you are aiming for?

To ungroup a link set, select it, then hit Ctrl + SHIFT + L. If you only want to unlink one or a few prims in a link set, use the "Edit linked parts" tool in the edit menu's, select the prim(s) you want to unlink from the link set and hit Ctrl + SHIFT + L.

You should do some basic tutorials on building, perhaps. Pop up the search window (Ctrl + F) and type in "Ivory tower". TP to "The Ivory Tower Library of Primitives Tutorial" and take your time going through those tutorials. Do not listen to people telling you it is "too easy" or anything like that. Read it, build it, understand it. It will help you understanding this building thing much better.

After the Ivory Tower, you would perhaps like to move on to Robin Sojourner's excellent texture tutorials. Or it would probably be best if you continue building for a while before you move on to the texture tutorials, to take advantage of what you have read and get to try it all out properly. The link to the texture tutorials is on the top floor, so it will be a natural next move.

Also, do not forget the forums at www.secondlife.com , www.sluniverse.com and other SL related websites. Good luck and have fun!