Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(extreme) Christian paranoia, always fun to read

MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
For your enjoyment, have fun:

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/birsuper.htm

The lack of facts and the large number of assumptions (and not to mention the pure absurdity of the conclusions) made me laugh out loud.

Makes me wonder if ALL humans have been given the gift of natural reasoning.

Comments

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Who needs facts when "secular history does a very good job of laying it out before us."

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

There are distinct religions other than the ones listed above. But this list accounts for the religions of over 98% of the world's population.  Where do you fall into?

• SoejckdswgSoejckdswg Member Posts: 338

whats wrong with the article?

Defiant

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by Soejckdswg

whats wrong with the article?

Defiant
    Thats what im wondering?

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    Only that the article says the EU is evil...
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by MadAce

Well, at least 84% of the population of the world believe in a higher force.  Its the 16% that do not believe in anything that is a minority.

Now who is to say what natural reasoning is?  The believers, not the non-believers. 

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

I dont think he said that the main thrust of the article seemed to be that The European union was becoming a new superpower and just happens to tie into some Biblical prophecys.

Personally i disagree here Europe has certain problems which will mean it wont get too powerfull anyime soon [its the beurocracy].

My candidate is China being the next superpower.

I don't believe that a majority or a minority are inherently either right or wrong. It depends on them being... right or rong. So a majority of 99,999% may be just as wrong a minority of 0,000001%.

I'm not questioning the sanity of people believing in God or something spiritual. Some of the most intelligent and inspirational people I have ever met were religious.

I myself have an ideology which isn't 100% atheïsm, I too believe in a higher power (no, not "something", there's a whole reasoning behind it).

The article is about the connection between the EU and some bullcrap about evil... And satan and the next holy roman empire...

Just trying to point out that some people are awesome in ignoreing facts or logic, doesn't matter whether or not they're christian.

And why do I choose to point out christian fundamentalism? Simple.

I know Christianity pretty well. It has been the religion of my country for over a thousand years. Thus I'm in title to a view of what the true ideology of Christianity is (or at least can be, without losing any of its credibility):

an adaptive, understanding, people-oriented, friendly and contructive religion.
    Originally posted by LordSlater

I dont think he said that the main thrust of the article seemed to be that The European union was becoming a new superpower and just happens to tie into some Biblical prophecys.

Personally i disagree here Europe has certain problems which will mean it wont get too powerfull anyime soon [its the beurocracy].

My candidate is China being the next superpower.

No, he didn't say so directly... But the attack on logic and known facts is still striking.

And if you're wondering if the EU will ever become a superpower... Of course not. 1: Superpowers are an old idea, with little or no place in the 21th century. 2: In many respects the EU already IS a superpower.

China can be A next superpower. (we also have, South-America, South-Africa, Russia, ASEAN, ... )
  • kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    Give me logical proof that their is/isn't a god or gods.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471
    "..dispute between the European Union and Canada that nearly escalated into war.."

Thats awesome journalism, a little political dispute about fishing lines=near war

OP is right, these religious googoo heads provide endless fun
    Originally posted by kel11

I'm not trying to prove so.

In fact, using logic and reasoning I have come to the conclusion that the existence of a god (or gods) is much larger than he/she/it/them not exisiting.

NEXT time read the link.

Paade, according to the standards of the writer of the article the EU should already been at war with Morocco, Canada, the US, Russia, Belarus, Turkey, China, India, ... 
  • paadepaade Member Posts: 471

In fact, using logic and reasoning I have come to the conclusion that the existence of a god (or gods) is much larger than he/she/it/them not exisiting.

well actually, using logic god/gods dont exist. Because everything must have a beginning, so who created god/gods? You can say that god has always been there, but thats just not very logical, is it?
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by outfctrl

Well, at least 84% of the population of the world believe in a higher force.  Its the 16% that do not believe in anything that is a minority.

Now who is to say what natural reasoning is?  The believers, not the non-believers. 

The only belief I have is in the almighty tortellini monster with alfredo sauce. I also listen to the voices in my head when they tell me to do things. As long as I can interpret scriptures to match up with my monster and voices everything in the world is beautiful and I don't feel like blowing things up.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by paade

well actually, using logic god/gods dont exist. Because everything must have a beginning, so who created god/gods? You can say that god has always been there, but thats just not very logical, is it?

Without explaining details: Gods are 11-dimensional. They may be created 5 million years in the future, but they stretch backwards and forwards trough time.
  • InflictionInfliction Member Posts: 1,115
    Originally posted by kel11

Everything obeys the laws of physics.

If God is complex enough to create everything that is, something infinitely more complex would have had to create God, something more complex to create that being, and so on.

The new testament of the bible was written in 70AD at the earliest, and Jesus was supposed to have died somewhere around 33. Just a fun fact.

Anything that can be classified as a "miracle" either falls into the coincidence or lies category.

No "proof" per se, but there is just as much evidence for the existance of Zeus as there is for the Christian god, or any other gods.

Anyways. It's like this:

One day mankind, or any other species, will reach a point of technological singularity. In a very short time-span this species will be able to harnest the power of the universe and be able to manipulate time-space without limits.

This entity will be a God.

Since the power of this entity isn't bound by dimensions its influence will reach from the far future to the far past.

Also, your assesment on complexity leading to complexity is right, if it weren't for the fact that life is inherently syntropic.
  • olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by outfctrl

There are distinct religions other than the ones listed above. But this list accounts for the religions of over 98% of the world's population.  Where do you fall into?

Where is the slice in the pie diagram for those that worship money?

Worship of wealth of succes is inherent to every culture. :)
  • olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Worship of wealth of succes is inherent to every culture. :)
    Should have a bigger piece in that pie chart then, me thinks. eh?
  • Spy_HIppoSpy_HIppo Member Posts: 322
    that it does

My mind has changed so much. Yet I'm still acting like I'm the same.

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Anyways. It's like this:

One day mankind, or any other species, will reach a point of technological singularity. In a very short time-span this species will be able to harnest the power of the universe and be able to manipulate time-space without limits.

Since the power of this entity isn't bound by dimensions its influence will reach from the far future to the far past.

Also, your assesment on complexity leading to complexity is right, if it weren't for the fact that life is inherently syntropic.

I have to say, thats a very interesting view, and makes a lot of sense. I never thought about it that way.

Now I've gotta ponder the implications of this new idea. Thanks for giving me something to do tomorrow at work.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Anyways. It's like this:

You've read, "All You Zombies" haven't you?

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I love how 99.9% of the threads about radical members of religion, are about people of the Christian faith(not a religion anyway, but whatever)  How can it be that one faith that comprises so much of the population of our world can be the target of so much hate, yet persist and thrive?  These threads are a great example...it takes a lot of faith to sit and read the stuff posted by nonbelievers, and then to consistantly come back with replies that are both intelligent, and devoid of the anger that I am often tempted to express with the ignorance that so often permeates these forums.  Just this once, I'm not going to read the article, I'm just going to leave you with what I already wrote...I think it is enough of a reply.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.