Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DAOC csr is the pits

CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

The CSR is so bad in this game its pathetic. They honestly dont give a damn what happens to the players at any time. After 4 years of the crap, the csr alone frustrated me so bad it just isnt worth it anymore. 5 accounts with that game. I cancelled them all.

All those posts regarding the horrible customer service I read over and thot, yeh I agree but continued to play. When it comes down to it tho, time after time after time, no help whatsoever in any fashion. Just the canned responses and nada. Paying for 4 years and a total of 5 accounts I think I deserve a little better treatment. Maybe I dont. I want it anyway.

So long DAOC.

And to others out there, if you are expecting any real customer service, dont count on it with this game. Go play another game that at least TRIES to show a semblence of caring for their paying loyal customers. DAOC doesnt and hasnt and wont ever really care.

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    No game ever gives a damm - that is a huge myth.  I have played enough to realize that while I think DAOC CS is not that good, it is still better than any other game. 

The fact is when you deal with CS in almost any aspect of life  you have two problems:

1.  Their hands are tied (this has gotten worse as the game has grown.  Used to be awsome from SI on back) by rules.

2.  If you do CS, chances are there are not enough people and after awhile you realize how many people are trying to scam you and get burnt out. 

Then of course you have to wonder why you are upset enough to post here, but not upset enough to explain yourself.  I mean, why would anyone take you seriously if all you do is complain and yet not even try to give a reason why the CS sucks. 
  • jeeperzjeeperz Member Posts: 71

So far my experiences with CSR's have been very good - not even long waits.  I didn't like the answer I got a couple times, but I could also understand why that was the answer .  

However, I do know some long time players - that have had some big problems with CSR's and have left the game...  very sad cuz they were good players and honorable as well.    

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Yep, I have a guild mate who last fall had one of  his accounts stolen from him, and all his plat/gear transferred off his characters to someone else.  i was quite surprised by Mythic's response which was, "account security is a player issue, and there is nothing we can do to restore your account".  

I was amazed because in WOW, many people have lost their accounts to keyloggers and the like...and Blizzard has more or less helped all of them restore their characters (some folks have claimed to have not been helped...but who knows?)

This person I speak of is not a computer illiterate, his boxes were well secured by virus/spyware prevention software and behind a good solid firewall.  (If I had to guess I'd say he downloaded a third-party UI that nailed him...just as so often happens in WOW)

And the result was the same...he cancelled his 4 or 5 accounts....and now plays WOW instead.....

But my own experiences with Blizzard CSR's (especially phone support) has been always a good experience for me.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604
    Originally posted by JulianDracos

No game ever gives a damm - that is a huge myth.  I have played enough to realize that while I think DAOC CS is not that good, it is still better than any other game. 

The fact is when you deal with CS in almost any aspect of life  you have two problems:

1.  Their hands are tied (this has gotten worse as the game has grown.  Used to be awsome from SI on back) by rules.

2.  If you do CS, chances are there are not enough people and after awhile you realize how many people are trying to scam you and get burnt out. 

Then of course you have to wonder why you are upset enough to post here, but not upset enough to explain yourself.  I mean, why would anyone take you seriously if all you do is complain and yet not even try to give a reason why the CS sucks. 

Maybe because, as stated in the post, it is a general view. In the statement , it was brought out that things happening with absolutely no help whatsoever. It isnt just a specific problem, its a cumulative thing. And the reason was given. They dont give a damn and have demonstrated that many times over the years. My reasons were given. CSR is a bs setup. Has been, always will be. And yes, I do believe too that it has gotten much worse. And thus, my post and my reason. Canned responses and constant "nothing we can do" wears extremely thin.

As far as taking me seriously simply because I complained and you wanted a definite specific "what happened" and didnt get it?  Read the part in the statement that says "time after time after time again"....you might get the idea.

Man, with an attitude like that , you would be a perfect candidate for a DAOC CSR.

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    Attitude?  You mean that I do not take someone seriously that goes on a message board and whines?  OMFG why wouldn't I because we all know that what people say and do on message boards is 100% true even though there is often not a single concrete case given such as yours.  I mean "time and time again" is really specific.

LIfe is simple.  If you do not like the game then quit.  If you cannot take CS of a game then quit.  There is no reason to go whine to the world about it and say I canceled my 5 account to the world.  In 5 years I have only had to deal with CS 3 times and only once were things not helpful.  I have only had to call their phone support once.  There was no wait at all.  My problem was solved in under 2 minutes. 

CS is not an easy job and in 99% of the cases it is not that they won't help it is that they can't.  I would say that CS is the worst aspect of DAOC, but that is what I would say about almost any game out there.  The longer it is around and the more subscribers it has the worse it gets.  That is true for all buisness and you won't find any difference in any other game.  You can go to one and lets say you have no complaints.  5 years down the road you will have the same complaints about it.

If you feel the need to vent get up from the computer and go find a friend and go complain to them about your problems.   There is no reason to bring them here. 
  • JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796

In the year I played DAOC, I never had a problem with their CS at all.  Always friendly.. not always giving the answers I wanted or needed, but I never got an attitude or felt as if I was "bothering" them at all.

If you want poor CS, try any SOE game.  I played SWG for two years and EQ2 for one... and in those three years I NEVER had a good experience with them.  Talk about awful! Canned responses, poor English, not even addressing the issue you wanted addressed... it's all there!

The height of my disgust with SOE's customer service ( can you even call it that?) was in SWG.  I petitioned because I had accidently placed a power up on a crappy weapon, inside of putting it in the slot beside it (I lagged at the time I was attempting this).  I petitioned, received "there's nothing we can do about it.. how do we know you didn't want it to be applied to that weapon", and closed the petition.  I petitioned again and asked them NOT to close it until I had a chance to respond.  It was closed again the next day and I was delivered a warning that if I attempted a third time, it would be considered CSR HARASSMENT and my account would be banned!

Good old, SOE ;)

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322
    The problems I've had with Mythic CS is always regarding other players. I had a starter guild with just one toon in it, mine, so I could have an extra cottage. One day I log in and see that everything has been stolen from the house  vaults. After appealing I was told that there was nothing they could do about because I had gieven the thief permission to access my vaults. Knowing for a fact that NOONE but myself was even on the access page and that noone but myself knew my account info  I checked it out to make sure. I appealed again saying that there was not now, or ever anyone that I had given permission to to access my vaults and they told me they had evidence to the contrary.  After they suspended my account for 7 days I left the game. At no time talking to the CSR in game did I say anything bad, but at the end, this exact sentence is what got my suspension, 'Why would Mythic feel that a thief's rights are somehow more important than everyone else's?'  He replied 'Excuse me?' then I went link dead. I then got an email saying I had harrassed in game support and that my actions were against the TOS.  Appearently you can steal whatever you want to,  using whatever means you choose, and Mythic will support your actions.  What killed me on this matter is that Mythic keeps logs of everyhting that is said and done in the game. Knowing that I never did anything that would allow someone to take my things within the rules of  the game or without breaking the law, that was the last straw. 
    Originally posted by JulianDracos

Attitude?  You mean that I do not take someone seriously that goes on a message board and whines?  OMFG why wouldn't I because we all know that what people say and do on message boards is 100% true even though there is often not a single concrete case given such as yours.  I mean "time and time again" is really specific.

LIfe is simple.  If you do not like the game then quit.  If you cannot take CS of a game then quit.  There is no reason to go whine to the world about it and say I canceled my 5 account to the world.  In 5 years I have only had to deal with CS 3 times and only once were things not helpful.  I have only had to call their phone support once.  There was no wait at all.  My problem was solved in under 2 minutes. 

CS is not an easy job and in 99% of the cases it is not that they won't help it is that they can't.  I would say that CS is the worst aspect of DAOC, but that is what I would say about almost any game out there.  The longer it is around and the more subscribers it has the worse it gets.  That is true for all buisness and you won't find any difference in any other game.  You can go to one and lets say you have no complaints.  5 years down the road you will have the same complaints about it.

If you feel the need to vent get up from the computer and go find a friend and go complain to them about your problems.   There is no reason to bring them here. 

"Life is simple> If you dont like the game, then quit"......uh  I believe thats just what I did.

Ya know, comprehension is a GOOD THING!!

And nope, I also have been playing EQ2 for a couple years and have never had the canned responses and lack of customer care that DAOC has shown "time and time again".  (I have  2 accounts there)  The specifics are not really important, the point of the statement was the several attempts with csr's , most notably within the last three months. And ummm, nope, the population of DAOC has NOT increased , in fact quite the opposite. This latest round of "working as intended", " we cant help you", "put the person on ignore", "player acount so there is nothing we can do".......was simply the last straw in a long line of nada.

I accept that you consider this whining. I consider it letting those that actually read this forum for a taste of the game just how lousy the csr is. CSR issues have made a game undesirable by many many many ppl. If you care whether something is wrong with your character, inventory, cheating, harassment and any other multitude of 'could happens" and expect help when you need it  instead of a canned "cant help ya here, is there anything else I can help you with today?" time after time after time, then DAOC is NOT the game for you.

And I do believe that the state of the game, experiences in the game and any other issue you may have with a game , a FORUM is indeed the place to go. You got a problem with that, leave the thread.

Originally posted by hogscraper

The problems I've had with Mythic CS is always regarding other players. I had a starter guild with just one toon in it, mine, so I could have an extra cottage. One day I log in and see that everything has been stolen from the house  vaults. After appealing I was told that there was nothing they could do about because I had gieven the thief permission to access my vaults. Knowing for a fact that NOONE but myself was even on the access page and that noone but myself knew my account info  I checked it out to make sure. I appealed again saying that there was not now, or ever anyone that I had given permission to to access my vaults and they told me they had evidence to the contrary.  After they suspended my account for 7 days I left the game. At no time talking to the CSR in game did I say anything bad, but at the end, this exact sentence is what got my suspension, 'Why would Mythic feel that a thief's rights are somehow more important than everyone else's?'  He replied 'Excuse me?' then I went link dead. I then got an email saying I had harrassed in game support and that my actions were against the TOS.  Appearently you can steal whatever you want to,  using whatever means you choose, and Mythic will support your actions.  What killed me on this matter is that Mythic keeps logs of everyhting that is said and done in the game. Knowing that I never did anything that would allow someone to take my things within the rules of  the game or without breaking the law, that was the last straw. 

Thats exactly what I am talking about. Had an issue with housing a while back and got the same thing as you did. A couple weeks later, lo and behold, a 'hot fix" for housing was done. Although alot of ppl were ripped off during the "working as intended" " nothing we will do for you" bug in housing, csr blew off complaints and issues. To get an actual suspension for "harassing " them is absolutely nuts. Alot of ppl were hurt in thier housing. CSR did nothing for them. Mythic comes out with a "fix" for something that was "working as intended" . Customer Service no help- customer screwed - Mythic fixes- customer still screwed.

Working as intended