Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Point and Click MMORPGs?

What do you guys think about them? I know Lineage II will be PnC which is the reason why I won't be playing it. PnC reminds me of Diablo I, which was fun to play but doesn't cut it for me in a modern MMORPG. In FFXI, which was meant to be a console game as well, you could program a gamepad to your movement which I thought was nice. Keyboard controls (as long as they're fully customizable) are awesome since different people are used to different keyboard setups.

I don't really have much more of an opinion about PnC MMORPG's but they seem to be one of the top five turn off's for me when I judge a new game to decide if I like it or not. Any other opinions?

Comments

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

I can go either way on this. I actually liked ShadowBane's interface a bit...

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    Suck.

A fronte precipitium a tergo lupi

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

hey Ataris... you DO know Lineage 2 also uses the old school WASD movement too eh... altho u'll probbaly end up using the PnC cuz its just so much easier... click on the horizon and u can start fartin with ur equipment and sending IM's... if ur gonna completely leave out a game just because it uses PnC, ur lookin for tha wrong things in an MMO...

as for my personal preference, i prefer PnC altho i will use WASD if i have to... i like PnC cuz its the only way u can fight in a large scale battle and eat a bowl of soup at the same time ^^

--------------------------------------