Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Pre-Order Access

MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

The official Vanguard: Saga of Heroes site has posted information on how you can register your pre-order key and get started on playing the game 4 days before the rest of the population.

We will be in constant communication and posting on the various affiliated fansites, we will inform you of any updates here. All questions you may have should be posted on affiliate forums so that we may have them routed through the proper channels.

Learn more here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• MinimumMinimum Member UncommonPosts: 236

We will be in constant communication and posting on the various affiliated fansites, we will inform you of any updates here. All questions you may have should be posted on affiliate forums so that we may have them routed through the proper channels.

Sorry, if I have to go hunting for ways to communicate, it is just another reason not to want to play this game. I know it was "planned". But that doesn't make it right.

I also don't understand the need to give people a headstart. But that is another issue. -=)

• camobargecamobarge Member Posts: 3

lol Thats ok man, thats why there are plenty of other games to choose from.

As for the head start, thats one way to make sure everyone orders right away, and from the looks of it right now, there is no sortage of people on my server.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    I am against preorder in-game advantages, which is one of the reasons I am passing on Vanguard. Guess which game I am looking forward to.

• mentalmonkeymentalmonkey Member Posts: 85
    ^C&C Tiberium wars?^

EQ2 player
    Ex - EVE Online addict
    played -
    SWG, EQ2, Vanguard, Planetside, Second Life, EVE-O and a few randoms

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by Minimum

I also don't understand the need to give people a headstart. But that is another issue. -=)

Trust me on this, the headstart is a win for everyone. It takes a lot of ease off of the initial stress in newbie areas. If everyone logs in at the same time on the same day, the newbie areas get clogged up.

It's not a more expensive collector's edition or anything. Anyone can pre-order if they want to.

Besides, those who don't get to start a few patches later, when a few after-the-last-minute problems have been fixed. The people who think it's so important to be in front of the pack all the time would pre-order. The others mostly don't mind either way.

The only pre-order "advantage" is the sprint scroll, which I can't imagine a use for. Your sprint already lasts about 45 seconds. If you're using it to run, that's plenty of time. Using it for travel is unlikely since you get your first mount at level 10.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• leipurileipuri Member Posts: 559
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Trust me on this, the headstart is a win for everyone. It takes a lot of ease off of the initial stress in newbie areas. If everyone logs in at the same time on the same day, the newbie areas get clogged up.

It's not a more expensive collector's edition or anything. Anyone can pre-order if they want to.

Besides, those who don't get to start a few patches later, when a few after-the-last-minute problems have been fixed. The people who think it's so important to be in front of the pack all the time would pre-order. The others mostly don't mind either way.

The only pre-order "advantage" is the sprint scroll, which I can't imagine a use for. Your sprint already lasts about 45 seconds. If you're using it to run, that's plenty of time. Using it for travel is unlikely since you get your first mount at level 10.

You are assuming that everyone would rush to buy it, install it and start playing same time. Well it would be true if it was WoW, but dont see Vanguard starting such rush, but I could be wrong.

Sprint scroll is advantage even though small one. Either way I didn't feel like buying it and much less now.
  • player321player321 Member Posts: 28

Sorry, if I have to go hunting for ways to communicate, it is just another reason not to want to play this game. I know it was "planned". But that doesn't make it right.

• BanthaFodderBanthaFodder Member Posts: 47
    So how do you pre-order? I can't find it on their website, unless of course downloading the game isn't possible and it's too late to pre-order. Also, I went to store but I could only find Tunics (shirts) and Caps.