Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new idea for crafting class

As we are all familiar with the "grind," I feel there is a need to be able to break that "grind." MY idea is that there should be ALOT more mini games with in our beloved MMO's. SWG had a good idea when it came to this, (despite its failure) they were implement the idea of gambling. This noble idea could be turned around and revamped and made into something better. Even the idea of being able to gamble would be better with a better UI and AI.

BUT WHAT could make this all the better. Perhapes a crafting class that can make these fun little games. but its an idea, sound off about what you think-- ::::18::

WE have nearly limitless potential,
yet too few ever try to reach it.
WHY?
Becuase we can do anything,
but we can't do everything

Comments

• dredgedredge Member Posts: 13

This is a little off topic, but the gambling in Ultima 7 was really cool (at Buckaneers Den?)  I remember my brothers and I making a ton of money there.

Concerning gambling and MMORPGs, I prefer more non-game gambling like the fishing in UO where you can reel in things other than fish.  Or even mining is a fun sort of "gambling" in that you don't know what you're going to get.  I don't really enjoy gambling games like cards or roulette.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Sonoris

As we are all familiar with the "grind," I feel there is a need to be able to break that "grind." MY idea is that there should be ALOT more mini games with in our beloved MMO's. SWG had a good idea when it came to this, (despite its failure) they were implement the idea of gambling. This noble idea could be turned around and revamped and made into something better. Even the idea of being able to gamble would be better with a better UI and AI.
    BUT WHAT could make this all the better. Perhapes a crafting class that can make these fun little games. but its an idea, sound off about what you think-- ::::18::
    WE have nearly limitless potential,
    yet too few ever try to reach it.
    WHY?
    Becuase we can do anything,
    but we can't do everything

Mini games are NICE and great, as long as they remain trivial when it come to how much players need to do them, otherwise you will see peoples does what they dont like, peoples playing a mini game should play it because they like it, not because they want a edge in the main game and this mini game is better then anything else they can think of, they should always have better stuff to do in the main game.

Tradeskills are a mini game in themselves IMO, and as long as you dont enforce it, you are adding texture, which is great, but, thoses are mini games, not the main course by no mean!  (yes, for me, RAIDING is an overgrown mini game in my grouping experience, I have nothing against it, as long as it is never the best road to my main game uberness)

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren