Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does a MMORPGer consider a mid-range system?

After going off topic about this in another thread I decided to post a thread dedicated to what you conisder a mid-range system. and how well you think MMORPGs should run on a mid-range system. My personal thought as well as most of the computer journalist industry is that it's something similar to a lower end Core 2 processor, 1-2 GB of RAM, nVidia GeForce 7900GT or above or a ATI X1900 or above. ;) With a system like this you should be able to run most games coming out at least at a moderate level.

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
Currently Playing: Tera

Comments

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Middle Range = 2ghz, 1gig ram, $200 graphics card, 200gig regular HDD.

Middle-High Range = 2ghz+ 2gig ram, $300 graphics card, SATA HDD, cheap sound card.

High Range = Dual Core CPU, 2gig+ DDR2 ram, $300+ graphics card x2 SLI/crossfire, SATA HDD 10krpm, fatal1ty sound card.

The above of course is IMO, all games released presently should be configured to run on a middle range machine as that is (I have found) the most common setup used by people. It shouldnt necessarily have the best graphics, just a good FPS, playable. Mid-high however, you should be able to play the game with nice textures whilst also maintaining a stable FPS, obviously this is with frills like anti alais turned to minimum. With high range, the game should be perfect, high FPS max settings across the board, there should be no lagg except server lagg.

EDIT: keep forgeting bits! >.< edit! edit! edit!

---

• PoldanoPoldano Member Posts: 244
    Obsolete.
  • paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    lol real mid range is a good processor(2.5 ghz+) and 256MB to under a gig.

THIS IS NOT A MMO'ers MID RANGE, this is the real mid range.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.