Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: European Netherwhelp Pet Redemption

European players of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade have been asked to fill out a form to redeem their Netherwhelp pet in game. Blizzard discusses the issue on their European web site and offers Lurky The Murloc as a pet option plus two free days of play.

Purchasers of the European World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition are kindly asked to complete the following process in order to receive their exclusive Netherwhelp in-game pet.

Please do not contact our billing support team on this issue, as they are unable to provide any further details or speed the process, and the extra calls would adversely affect their service to players.

Read more about how to redeem your pet here.

Comments

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Old news ;)
  • tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Now they will probably have US players all upset they can't get their hands on murcky the murlock. Heck!, I bet the european box versions of the collector's edition will appear all over ebay selling for twice as much just for the little guy. All those US gamers will want to get their hands on it.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• JcdxJcdx Member Posts: 2
    It ain't that easy, we Europeans are thoroughly screwed here. The pet can be redeemed only up till Feb 28th, and what's more, you have to send a unique part of your CE to get it. But wait, there's more - the cost of registered letter to France for most Europeans is around 5 euros (and yousend registered because snail mail LOVES to get lost), and that's quite a sum compared to about 13e per month of play. And they give us Lurky (which is super cool, but I can't have both of them out at once) and 2 (are they friggin' joking!??) days of free play. So we loose:

- unique foil card (irreplaceable)

- 5 euro

- barcode from the sheet containg CE description / copy of receipt.

We have to pay even more for blizz's mistake. So you see th 'quality' of customer service for Europe.
  • Lord_ZLord_Z Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Yeah indeed its a very ****tty procedure which hasnt been thought out properly, it's been there for 2 weeks now, with about 1000 people complainin about it but what do blizz do? Nothing. -.- I had to spend 5 quid extra for the postage to france cus of blizz's fuckup. >.>
  • LuranLuran Member Posts: 6
    I paid 44p for airmail to France from the UK. Posted it late on Monday afternoon, Lurky and whelp were waiting in my inbox last night (Thursday). The postal service isn't that crap to warrant a record delivery in my book.
  • Lord_ZLord_Z Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I'd rather not have my account name, postal address etc get passed onto other people who arnt blizzard.. :|
  • JadarJadar Member Posts: 300

Let me get this straight, Blizzard expects you to hack up the real CE box to redeem a virtual pet? Blizzard expects you to cut up the real box that cost you an outrageous premium so they can issue you a virtual pet that costs them nothing? Hubris, plain and simple. They are charging too much for this expansion as it is; then they expect you to pay for there mistakes. The card alone should be enough, what's more they should ship that back to you. Greedy scum.

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Jadar

Let me get this straight, Blizzard expects you to hack up the real CE box to redeem a virtual pet? Blizzard expects you to cut up the real box that cost you an outrageous premium so they can issue you a virtual pet that costs them nothing? Hubris, plain and simple. They are charging too much for this expansion as it is; then they expect you to pay for there mistakes. The card alone should be enough, what's more they should ship that back to you. Greedy scum.
    I suggest you to read that again, it says you have to cut the sheet of paper that comes off of the box and not the actual box itself, its only a small part of that paper they need and the card and thats it. The card itself is worthless, only explains some basic stuff and the exclusive cards.
  • player321player321 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Lord_Z

I'd rather not have my account name, postal address etc get passed onto other people who arnt blizzard.. :|