Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question....

it seems i never get accepted for any of the betas for good games.... is it all just luck or is it hard to get into one? i tried vanguard now  im tryin to get into LOTRO or any of the other new ones comin out? any1 know better ways to get them maybe.. i dunno lol

Comments

• Sh337Sh337 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Most of the time, invites for open betas are random, so I guess it's just bad luck.

However stay tuned for contests and promotions that can give you invites.

I got an invite for LOTRO for signing up for their beta program, and I rarely posted on their forums.

I got a beta key for Vanguard by signing up to Eurogamer and clicking a few buttons on the site.

Best way, IMO, is to check out this site and the game forums for information on beta programs and, promotions and beta keys giveaways.
  • therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Late Beta testing is typically random, open beta is...open to everyone.  Alpha and early beta are typically developers, friends and family, professionals and highly-regarded gaming community members, some of which have very good reputations from previous betas.  Basically, if they aren't accepting a resume, a writing sample, or a test then it's likely a matter of luck.

With all due respect to everyone out there who writes like this, but posting rambling, incoherent statements or  "i p0wnz, l337 7e570r h3r3" has to be a huge red flag if the community manager is looking for community involvement.

• TkenobiTkenobi Member Posts: 13

Yup totally agree. Its all random and luck.

I got a LOTR Online beta account and i also won a Signed copy of Matrix Online. :D :D

The best way to get to CB is signing in in every contest.

GL