Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Launch Date Set for October 30th, 2007

2»

Comments

• PsychoFMPsychoFM Member Posts: 8
    I´m really looking forward to this game  
  • BonzarBonzar Member Posts: 176
    That's the most sensible post I've seen in a while, Psycho!

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    To those saying that the PC gaming community is more mature than the Console playing community.

Got a little news flash for you.

THEY ARE THE SAME COMMUNITY.

Honestly there is so much overlap between the two that you can't really distinguish between them anymore.
  • PsychoFMPsychoFM Member Posts: 8
    Thanks. Bonzar. I do what I can. If you like it have a look at my other posts
  • SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    Originally posted by bongo123

Originally posted by Sinuous

I don't mind a little polishing, but if this delay is due to Funcom wanting to port the game to XBox 360 and release both versions at the same time, I and many others will be sorely disappointed.  The majority of players following AoC don't even want XBox 360 users on the same servers.

I for one will be buying the 360 version and hope to god i dont end up on servers full of people like you. Who gives a shit what version their playing ffs....

kids play pc games to you know, adults play 360's as well, mad isnt it .. everyone of all ages playing all sorts of different gaming equipment and people like you want to just herd them all of to seperate servers thinking that one group is better than the other, pathetic, ive came across equal amounts of idiots on both live and online pc's

If the two versions of the game are similar enough to play on the same server, I won't buy it.  Console games are shiny hollow shells of what video games should be.  I own a 360, and enjoy it... but I certainly don't think it is an appropriate platform for any kind of MMO I would take seriously.  Any MMO that can be played with 6 buttons and no keyboard isn't worth my time.  This game coming out for the 360 was terrible news as far as I am concerned. I would honestly rather hear that it was being published by SOE, or EA.... It certainly makes WAR look a lot better to me.

• BonzarBonzar Member Posts: 176
    Intelligent game-mechanics that reduce the number of required keystrokes or buttons to push does equal insipid design.

Wait, no it doesn't. FF XI is a pretty deep game, very complex, and it can be played on PS 2s and 360s. What does that say? That your fears are unfounded. Rejoice, and rejoin the AoC acolytes.

The 360 is pretty weighty so far as hardware is concerned. Anything the PC can do, it can pretty much keep up with (so far). As for the gamepad requirements, intelligent layouts can negate the necessity of the keyboard's increased number of keys to push. Besides, they could always allow for a USB keyboard to be connected to the 360. It's not impossible, ya know. And just because a 360 player doesn't need a keyboard doesn't mean that PC users can't use keyboards.

*EDIT* Forgot an apostrophe in there.

• anoma7yanoma7y Member Posts: 27

Ouch, this really bites having to wait that much longer. But, if it means a better game on release day than Sigil is barfing out with Vanguard, then I am fine with it. I'd rather wait for a good product.

We will all still be here, regardless of what games come out between now and then. And we know, all the other games due this year will probably be delayed another 6 months too. It's the norm.

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

FunCom can F itself for this.  Honestly.  Game has now officially been delayed by 1.5 years.  I mean how the hell do you miscalculate release date for a game that you are developing by 18 months?  Fucking marketing assholes.

It wasn't a miscalculation. It was a GUESS (or as mmorpg.com says, "an estimate").

Every MMO does this. Par for the course. Why do people freak out when someone's guess proves to be wrong?

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Console bashing aside, we're all gamers, after all. I own one and a PC. The thing is, i shelled out a hell of a lot more for my PC because i want the better gaming experience. My PC is built for speed and control; and a console is the best you can do on the cheap.

I'm just happy that this game isn't Star trek Legacy, a game made for both the PC and the X-box 360, yet the PC version is bugged as hell and the manual states X-box terminology, a result from a poor port from the 360. A result of crap programming and a 'Rush job'. Atleast with Funcom and Eidos they have a different approach, something which i take comfort in.

Its like painting a picture, why rush something that no one will buy and looks crap, instead of creating a thing of beauty that everyone likes and can relate too. If the delay is for sycronising releases of both PC and X-Box 360 releases, then i sure want my PC version to be superior.

Regardless, when the game hits the shelves in October, i hope the wait is worth it, and i'll be there with cash in hand in the que.

• SinuousSinuous Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by bongo123

Originally posted by Sinuous

I don't mind a little polishing, but if this delay is due to Funcom wanting to port the game to XBox 360 and release both versions at the same time, I and many others will be sorely disappointed.  The majority of players following AoC don't even want XBox 360 users on the same servers.

I for one will be buying the 360 version and hope to god i dont end up on servers full of people like you. Who gives a shit what version their playing ffs....

kids play pc games to you know, adults play 360's as well, mad isnt it .. everyone of all ages playing all sorts of different gaming equipment and people like you want to just herd them all of to seperate servers thinking that one group is better than the other, pathetic, ive came across equal amounts of idiots on both live and online pc's

Well, then we can agree that we don't want to play on the same servers.  You do realize that AoC is rated Mature, which nullifies your illogical argument outright, as if it didn't already contain a hasty generalization fallacy.  The majority of people who play PC games are not kids, and the majority of people who play games on the XBox 360 are not adults.  What's pathetic is you limited grasp of the English language.  If you want to say "kids play PC games to you know," you'll need to use the form "too," which means: also.
  • daadamodaadamo Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

FunCom can F itself for this.  Honestly.  Game has now officially been delayed by 1.5 years.  I mean how the hell do you miscalculate release date for a game that you are developing by 18 months?  Fucking marketing assholes.

Well aren't you a little positive ray of sunshine on the boards? You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Your basically saying that you would rather they release the game early, unpolished and incomplete, than to take their time and do it right? Or would you be the first one on the boards bashing them for releasing the game too early? They are damned either way I suppose.

From what I have seen so far the game looks great, and I have no problem waiting for the finished product. Does it suck that it will be later than sooner? You bet it does. Doesn't this kind of delay happen on most every MMORPG release? You bet it does. It shouldn't come as such a surprise, it's the nature of the beast.

(See how I wrote my entire post with out dropping any f-bombs? It's not too hard! You can do it, I know you can.)

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

well there is goes  back again  hitting stores in OCT     well i can say two things  one ....i will be heading back to GW and DAoC and two this is alright on my part  b day in OCT and will have the money

more time to upgrade me PC as well

• HadreynnHadreynn Member Posts: 112
    This does not surprise me whatsoever. 

I'd rather they take their time and get it right, as I have been looking forward to this game for quite some time.
  • blakkblakk Member Posts: 33
    me 2 unfortunately,or whatever else mmo...I was so ready to get it in like 2-3 months ..
  • CulliganatorCulliganator Member Posts: 8
    I am so looking forward to destroying console players by the dozens.  Everyone knows the superiority of mouse control over gamepads for FPS style games and until they develop a similar type controler for consoles then console players will surely be ripe for the sowing.  I just hope they don't "dumb" down the PC controls as often happens when games are ported from console to PC.  This game is being developed for both simultaneously so who knows...