Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to Come Back?

2»

Comments

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Well i am always amazed how Vanguard fans go strong with bashing other games. Are you that scared of other games on the market?

I tried both EQ2 and Vanguard (yay for beta), while trying to decide what game to actually buy. I must admit i was biased towards vanguard- being a new game with new players and a vast world.

I was very disappointed. All the bugs aside (and there were a million bugs in weeks prior to realease,the crappy preformance was another matter ( and no, my system is fine i run a gf8800gtx with 2gb of ram- so no it wasnt a client-side problem), the gameplay was the biggest letdown. It was just an endless grind in a lifeless world :(
    Boring as hell and absolutely nothing new about it.

As for EQ, well nothing new there either- but the polishing of it amazed me. The zone design was much better thought through, the world seemed more vibrant and alive, and most important i was actually having fun doing the quests.
    So, i put my fears about getting an "old" game aside and chose EQ2, and i am having a blast so far.

Maybe it is a passing fancy and i will get bored off it soon, but for the last couple of weeks i have been enjoying myself immensly- and the same couldnt be said for the time i spent in Vanguard.
    But i guess, to each his own...

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216

I have been playing MMOs for a very long time..I have always been in very solid raiding guilds. I have played several MMOs and I have to say EQ2 has given me more enjoyment than any other so far. The people who are bashing it in this thread obviously have a hidden agenda other than just not liking the game. The arguments made really don't make any sense and are fairly disingenuous. The game is well worth it and very enjoyable.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    Originally posted by Freshrock

Originally posted by lomiller

Originally posted by Freshrock

Pardon me, may I know if the EoF Retail box is a DVD-Rom only? Coz my PC is still running on CD-Rom :(
    I'm not sure, but it deosn't really matter.  You can just add the key to your account and the downloader will fill in the blanks. Installing from the disk in the box will reduce you’re the time required for your first update but that’s really all it does, all you really need is to install the updater.     Oh really? Is that what you did, too? Coz I already own an original copy of the EQ2 when it first came out in Dec 2004. So basically, the updater will download all the contents up to EoF regardless of whether I own the expansions' CD Keys or not? That would be awesome for a non-DVD Rom player like me :D Thanks!

It will only download content that you have entered a CD key for. If you install your original box the game will run but without downloading any of the new content. When you add the new CD key to your account, the next time you log in it will download all the new content you are authorized for. (So be prepared for a big download the next time you play after adding a new key to your account.)