Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And The Award Goes to...

FFXI!!!

For the most ruined game.

Played it for a while

1-10 a grind that has no apparent point to it...i played an MMORPG to play with ppl and interact

okay so 11+ all grouping...

you would think i would be content right?

no....

no people to group with or they are not intrested because they dont speak english or there too busy figuring out the insanely far fetched controls to this game.

Used to be fun you say? maybe so, at one time with all the people playing it could've been fun. that is, until you mention pvp...

Oh wait...Where did the pvp go? hmmm....

Im not sure about the other people playing MMORPGs but sometimes i wanna beat the crap out of other players too. if you tell me PvP is not a huge aspect in an MMORPG then i deserve to stick this glock in your face good sir.

Leveling at best, was mediocre. it wasnt too difficult. i mean i've seen worse. But the losing exp when you die was just horrid. you would lose a nice chunk out of your exp which you already spent a while unhappily earning.

Graphics? not bad. surely not as sickening as runescape and maplestory. but i would like to see some more brightness and not so dull. it felt like everyone was a quaker.

End Line: This Game Doesnt Deserve The Amount of Money its Costs

The Gunsmoke Says: make it free client and with f2p and p2p.

1 1/2 out of 5

Comments

• rend_cushionrend_cushion Member Posts: 4

yeah gunsmoke, your absolutely right, I had to have people  from our linkshell powerlevel me for a few levels, and then they wouldnt anymore so I tried to find groups for a WHOLE MONTH and every single one fell apart, I didnt get a drop of xp after level 12.

so what it all comes down to is....

1.) yeah this game should go rs2 style and have a f2p and a p2p, it would be much better

2.) if you dont have a great graphics card this games graphics will hurt your eyes, as they did mine

3.) the only company and community I felt was my linkshell, which usually only had 3 or 4 people on but good people at that, most people were very shy and/or didnt speak english

4.) the only pvp was ballista, and it sucked terribly.

5.) Grinding was ridiculous, I died several times and quests were terribly dull and bland

6.) the economy on this game is quite frankly, disgusting, either you completely undercut on prices or you hire a bunch of gold farmers to work for you, I had a bazaar and that was my only source of income, I made 1k gil a week, and trust me, thats not good

7.) The crafting was utterly retarded, it was confusing, senseless, unorganized, and costed too much money and time, it was completely pointless

SUMMARY

This game needs an actual pvp

Better ways of leveling

A better LFGing system

More organised crafting

Much less xp lost when dead (or none )

Overrall the company just needs to be much more involved within the game.

• XgunsmokeXXgunsmokeX Member Posts: 94

Another thing i might add:

for those of you who say its a WoW killer....

you need to go see your doctor, imediately

• rend_cushionrend_cushion Member Posts: 4

yeah, me and gunsmoke also played WoW.

it may screw your life over as long as you play it but still, it was actually fun and amusing, you felt like you were building something.

If I had a gun to my head and was told to play FFXI while someone who plays WoW sits right next to me and plays it then... quite frankly, I'd take that bullet with joy

• RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235

I guess neither of you have a sky pass,sea,northlands cleared,fought DL,any AF,done any Dynamis runs,done any Rank Missions and so on...or even a crafted anything?

I have been playing FFXI for about 3 years...and played WoW for a few weeks beta and retail for a few  weeks.

WoW I give it a 2 out of 10 and FFXI 8 out 10..both would score 2 points higher if the graphics were updated.

• RumpetrollRumpetroll Member Posts: 3
    I don't think you can quite compare WoW with FFXI.

WoW is like MMORPG-Lite, everyone can play it and be good at it. 12 years old or 75 years old doesn't really matter, and I actually think my old grandmother would pwn in that game if she started playing it. But in FFXI you actually need to know what you're doing. If you don't you will fail alot of things and miss alot of fun things. I played WoW for little over a year and to be honest I got really tired of the lack of challenges within the game. If I wanted a challange-rating in the range of Tetris I wouldn't pay to play it.
  • sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272
    this thread delivers!

Nice example of ppl who clearly failed in FFXI.

Go back to WoW, a.k.a. Easymode.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Sorry to hear you were not happy,but i can tell you right out,that was because you went into the game blind like so many WOW type players.Wow is where any noob can just walk in and kill over and over with no skill or thought really.Before entering a game you need to do your HOMEWORK.First up read websites ,talk to experienced players in the game to find out what you are missing,or how to do things you don't understand.

It is true there isn't as many players now at lower levels,but there is still enough to get a party going.Like any game there are some bland quests but there are also some very good ones.The problem i find is that players just want instant rewards and drops/items from quests with no time put into it.As a brand new player you really need to start as a tank/whm or blm.These 3 jobs will get you more chances at a party invite if your not up to starting your own.

You do not need to group at level 11 ,as a matter of fact i would wait till at least 14.Then most newer successfull parties start in korolloka tunell.

Level 1-10 grind with no reason?the reason is to familiarize yourself with the game and the battle system.You are working towards level 18 to get your advanced job ability.

I can tell you why PVP does NOT belong in games,because i have experienced it first hand.I can tell your very young players and naive to what goes on around you but PVP is all about EGOS and trash talking.No game on earth needs that kinda crap.Sure this game still has it with all the players who post how they owned some level 30 mob with there level 75 job,again these are EGOS and little kids with no common sense.

All in all i just have to say you don't know half of what can go on in the game,therefore a blind eye really cant offer any constructive critiscm.

However..lol i can agree the economy is a joke and way outa hand [it was worse]The design of the game still allows RMT to infest the game with no concern over account bans.They will just go out and buy a new cd key and start there bot farming camping all over again.No matter what square enix posts about bannings ,it's really to save face.I can spot RMT all over the game and there is obviously no where near enough action being done to actually remove them..example ban there IP block.,make NM drops rare/ex.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.