Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vote how you will play. Just for fun.

Just curious how we all will play the game once released. More of a fun poll really. Only had 10 choices so i could not list just 2 sphere options.

Comments

• Sarg01Sarg01 Member UncommonPosts: 170
    After 17 votes, only one person has Craft rated ahead of Adventuring? Even then, its behind diplomacy? Hmm, folks might be waiting a bit for items, methinks.
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Sarg01

After 17 votes, only one person has Craft rated ahead of Adventuring? Even then, its behind diplomacy? Hmm, folks might be waiting a bit for items, methinks.
    well, at least you know you'll br rich!  lol.  man, maybe I should roll a crafter, like in the UO days.  I could seriously make some good buck-er-oos!
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• dandy230dandy230 Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Can't really say for sure, since I never played in the beta. Depends how fun and deep the crafting and diplomacy are.

How is crafting anyway? Do you get more out of the items you make, other than feeling a sense of accomplishment? As in, can you make good weapons or armour to help you in adventuring or do the rewards and random loot make them useless?

Also, can you choose the looks or at least colouring of the armour you're crafting? That's something I've always missed. At least Ryzom had that, but there weren't that many looks to choose from, so meh.

Sorry to play quiz in your nice poll btw
  • Sarg01Sarg01 Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Originally posted by dandy230

Can't really say for sure, since I never played in the beta. Depends how fun and deep the crafting and diplomacy are.

How is crafting anyway? Do you get more out of the items you make, other than feeling a sense of accomplishment? As in, can you make good weapons or armour to help you in adventuring or do the rewards and random loot make them useless?

Also, can you choose the looks or at least colouring of the armour you're crafting? That's something I've always missed. At least Ryzom had that, but there weren't that many looks to choose from, so meh.

Sorry to play quiz in your nice poll btw

Crafting is hard to explain. I think it's fairly off-putting. There isn't going to be much "casual crafting" going on.

You can't grind crafting by making items, so the market for gear won't be depressed by people trying to skill up. However, this has the impact of meaning you need to be level 10+ before you ever get any real sense of creating anything useful. As a bonus, the system is very unusual - and while really great at higher levels - at the lower levels, it's frankly tedious and will confuse a lot of people.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340
    Not surprisingly, I see it's turning out Adventure > Crafting > Diplomacy.

Adventuring, supported by your crafting your adventuring equipment, with diplomacy on the side for fun.

I advise everybody try out all three, just for a change of pace from time to time.

This poll would have been a little cooler if there was also an option for harvesting, which you can do without ever crafting if you want.
  • BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

This is actually a really interesting poll.

Personally I chose Dip, Adv, Craft. I just love the Diplomacy system to death. I think more people would like it if it was a little easier to understand, but I know there's a bit of a learning curve to start out with.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• HappyOneHappyOne Member Posts: 3

I had to vote Crafting Adventuring and then diplomacy...

Why?  I spent 3 days crafting and it frustated me - to the point of being so upset while I wasn't playing that I realized how much fun I was having...

It's good to know I might become wealthy!

• DradiinDradiin Member Posts: 259
    Originally posted by geldonyetich

This poll would have been a little cooler if there was also an option for harvesting, which you can do without ever crafting if you want.
    I agree 100% but i was limited on space and its been stated several times that Harvesting was apart of the ADV sphere.

Glad you all voted just wish more would. Thanx in advance.
  • AllotropeAllotrope Member Posts: 25

"Adventuring, supported by crafting your adventuring equipment"

I don't see a  cute icon that  quite captures the degree of ROFLMAO implied in that statement. I think you missed the part where it was explained that it takes about as long to level up crafting as it does to level up adventuring (and presumably, the same sort of timeframe for diplomacy) It may even take longer to level crafting than adventuring due to some definite roadblocks in the crafting progressions that  will require plentiful third party (guild or hired)support or a requirement to level in order to survive the mobs  near the resource nodes needed for crafting progression (not leveling) quests.

And to make some things well, your crafting level will need to be higher than the adventuring level needed to use said items. I don't expect the "part time crafter" will last long once that really starts to sink in.

Another important point is that, unlike other games, maxxing your adventuring level and then trying to "power level" your crafting will not work. It is not  gather/buy mats, hit button, instant skillup. It is see taskmaster, stock up on utilities, and start grinding. Money from adventuring is not going to reduce the time involved in leveling crafting.

Originally posted by Allotrope

"Adventuring, supported by crafting your adventuring equipment"
    I don't see a  cute icon that  quite captures the degree of ROFLMAO implied in that statement. I think you missed the part where it was explained that it takes about as long to level up crafting as it does to level up adventuring (and presumably, the same sort of timeframe for diplomacy) It may even take longer to level crafting than adventuring due to some definite roadblocks in the crafting progressions that  will require plentiful third party (guild or hired)support or a requirement to level in order to survive the mobs  near the resource nodes needed for crafting progression (not leveling) quests.
     And to make some things well, your crafting level will need to be higher than the adventuring level needed to use said items. I don't expect the "part time crafter" will last long once that really starts to sink in.
    Another important point is that, unlike other games, maxxing your adventuring level and then trying to "power level" your crafting will not work. It is not  gather/buy mats, hit button, instant skillup. It is see taskmaster, stock up on utilities, and start grinding. Money from adventuring is not going to reduce the time involved in leveling crafting.

One nice thing added towards the end of the Open Beta was they increased the rewards for finishing Work orders. I did not feel like a pauper on my Craft only toon as much as i had in Beta 4.
  • swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975
    All be crafting, supported by adventuring and harvesting , for me all be doing what ever is making my toon the most money  you will be coming up to me and saying but swede , your charging as much for that sword as 50 horse's and all smile at you and say.  yup it is
    Originally posted by swede2

All be crafting, supported by adventuring and harvesting , for me all be doing what ever is making my toon the most money  you will be coming up to me and saying but swede , your charging as much for that sword as 50 horse's and all smile at you and say.  yup it is
    Well considering how hard it is to mine ore cause of the sparse locations of deposits it will be tough to supply crafters with the amounts they will need.

Not to mention the fact that its harder then any other Harvesting line to get ore/minerals. By far the Skinning and plant gathering is the easiest to level up.